The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)
Next Page »
emfleek
10/27/11 2:04:38PM
Anyone else watching? Thoughts so far?

EP. 1: The season premiere, imo, was intense for the first 35 or 40 minutes. After that, I found myself wanting to get eaten by a walker. It took a nosedive and never really recovered until Carl (Rick's son) got shot while approaching the deer. I thought it was dumb that his (Carl's) mom was so willing to let him stay behind to help search for Sophia because that's totally not her M.O. However, I guess she may feel sorry for him after the way he's been treated by Shane lately so she's trying to let the leash out a little more? I don't know. Overall rating for Episode 1 = 7 out of 10

EP. 2: Another weird episode. Most of it involves the fight to save Carl's life after Rick carries him to the safehouse where the shooter (now identified as Elliot, a hunter) lives. Throughout the episode there was quite a bit of awkward dialogue that didn't make a whole lot of sense but whatever. Nothing was really special about this episode other than the fact that new characters are being introduced. Whether or not they're permanent or just short term (I have a feeling Elliot's gonna become zombie chow in Episode 3) remains to be seen. Overall rating for Episode 2 = 6.5 out of 10

Thoughts?
Theoutlaw08
10/27/11 2:43:51PM
Ive seen bits and pieces of the first two episodes this season. wish i would have watched all of it. I think its a solid show, i think they are off on the right foot.
prophecy033
10/27/11 2:51:46PM
I saw the whole first season and really liked it. Since I don't have cable right now I can't watch. Looking forward to catching up real soon
Chael_Sonnen
10/27/11 3:01:39PM
Decent television.....the writers make it so I can't wait for the characters to get eaten by the zombies

Can't wait for 'Hell on Wheels'
pmoney
10/27/11 3:27:18PM
I have been loving the new season! It has started a little slow perhaps, but one of the things I enjoy about this show is the plot development. The fact that this is a series as opposed to a movie allows them to go to great lengths in detailing the struggles of living in a zombie-filled post-apocalyptic scenario. In my opinion, this gives the show a depth far beyond your normal zombie fare.

I love the continuity of the show. For example the season premier had a lot of zombie action, and episode two was primarily focused with the aftermath of that situation. I love how it runs, and so far I haven't noticed any contradictions in the story line. I think that because of the way the show is set, they could do this show for ten seasons easily if they wanted to. Maybe it won't go that long, but I am hoping for at least four or five!

The combination of gore and drama is unique, and normally I hate drama. But there is something about this show.... I can't put my finger on it, but it is amazing. I know myself and many other people are referring to it as one of the greatest shows ever, and I haven't seen anything yet that has made me think otherwise.

And I don't want to give it away, but I can't wait to see this week's episode after how last week's ended
emfleek
10/27/11 3:31:52PM

Posted by pmoney

I think that because of the way the show is set, they could do this show for ten seasons easily if they wanted to. Maybe it won't go that long, but I am hoping for at least four or five!

Season 3 is happening. That was announced just the other day.

I think the series will last as long as the zombie fad does. If they keep with the same schedule, I think they'll be fine. Start the season in October and let it run it's 13-episode (or whatever) course and don't bring it back until the following October. It sucks waiting so long in between seasons but I think it's the best thing for the show.
jjeans
10/27/11 3:50:21PM
I thought this was a side game or something. It sounded awesomely epic. Now I'm disappointed.

If only we had a side game room
gravy13
10/27/11 3:58:59PM
If you haven't watched the webisodes you should. They give a back story to some of the zombies you've seen in the episodes. Link---> Click
Twenty20Dollars
10/27/11 5:18:23PM
The start of the first episode started off good with the herd of walkers passing through.

But then what was wrong with that stupid little girl. She was the first one to get out from under the cars. WHY? Stay still!!!!!!!!

Then when they were out in the woods and Rick said to stay under the hidden area until he gets back. Like after Rick leads the walkers away, she just immedietly bolts. WHY? Do you not know how to listen little girl?!!

Then Carl gets shot. Why was he trying to move so close to the deer?

I feel like they haven't moved in awhile, like they are stuck b/c of the girl and now Carl.

The next episode does look promising with Shane and the other guy trapted in the school with all the walkers after them. Those are the parts I enjoy the most.

But I will say, they have move time this season to set things up with double the episodes.
Budgellism
10/27/11 5:38:42PM
First off, I love this show. The first season was very good. Every episode I found myself more and more interested. This season hasn't hooked me in like the first season but it's still good television. Like pmoney said, the plot development is very key in this show. And with the additional episodes they have time to drag out the story.

I've got to agree with Twenty though. I dislike where they're going with the little girl. She really just doesn't seem important to the overall story and the things she did to get into that situation didn't sit well with me for some reason. I'm very interested in Shane's situation though.
Twenty20Dollars
10/27/11 5:40:18PM
I have to remind myself somtimes the show is about survival not just zombies.

I just feel the people make some mistakes and don't follow the rules of zombie survival.

Then I have to be like "why didn't you do this? B/c I would have done it."

Shane should have saved some of the flares from the cop car for when they came out of the building.

But then that wouldn't go along or set up their story of having them trapped.

I just need to keep my mouth shut and watch.
pmoney
10/27/11 8:18:05PM

Posted by emfleek

Season 3 is happening. That was announced just the other day.

I think the series will last as long as the zombie fad does. If they keep with the same schedule, I think they'll be fine. Start the season in October and let it run it's 13-episode (or whatever) course and don't bring it back until the following October. It sucks waiting so long in between seasons but I think it's the best thing for the show.

Awesome news! I agree with you about the scheduling. I can't believe it's already been almost a year since watching the last episode of the first season. That alone could definitely help the longevity of the show.

As far as the zombie fascination goes, I think that is here to stay. Zombie movies have been around for decades, and they have always had more of a cult following. I think it's the depth of this show has afforded it mainstream success. Movies with mindless zombie killing rarely suit my fancy. (For my money, the Dawn of the Dead remake is the best zombie movie ever.) But this has the whole survival aspect to it. Where are they going to go? What will they do about food/fuel/a cure, etc? It makes the show more plausible (if you will), and in a way more identifiable.

Now if we could get the Twilight thing to go away.....
tcunningham
10/27/11 9:59:07PM
i caught both seasons so far. i think the second season is better than the first so far, and the first season was good. rarely is there a TV show that give me enough gore and violence to keep me entertained. hopefully the writers keep it up.
emfleek
10/28/11 8:12:43AM

Posted by pmoney

Now if we could get the Twilight thing to go away.....

TAKE IT BACK!!!

Kpro
10/28/11 8:22:32AM
I watched the first season and I've watched the first two this season. I love the show.

One of the reasons for the long delay, I believe, was the director(?) firing all the writers on staff because he wrote half the episodes and finalized the drafts on the ones the writers wrote. So if I remember the article correctly; he's writing all the episodes now in addition to the other job titles he has on set.

Also, in an interview, he stated that the purpose of season 2 is going to showcase that the zombies aren't the scariest thing out there; it's the way humans act in dire situations that proves to be scarier. I'm paraphrasing and didn't look up the interview or article or the dudes name, but that gets across the gist of it.

I think we're going to see more people turning on each other this season and doing things you wouldn't think would be in character for them. Maybe even the "good" characters doing things you could never imagine them doing, if the comment about the human interactions being scarier than the zombies this season holds true.
Twenty20Dollars
10/28/11 12:21:18PM
Also the creator of the show has stepped down. I believe Frank said he was going back to making movies because television was more stressful or there was a lot more work.
ChrisSabal
10/28/11 1:06:20PM
guys also can't forget that 'The Walking Dead' is a comic book series. So a lot of what they do isn't really entirely up to them.
emfleek
11/14/11 11:38:51AM
These last 2 episodes have been GREAT.

This is the best show on TV right now. Easily!

ChrisSabal
11/14/11 12:53:30PM

Posted by emfleek

I think they really really really really!!!! Can't emphasize this enough. Get rid of trying to find Sofia. Right now it is just down right annoying.

Plus, I disagree I think it is the 3rd best show on TV. Behind Homeland and It's Always Sunny. If you haven't watched Homeland I would highly recommend it.
emfleek
11/14/11 12:58:12PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by emfleek

I think they really really really really!!!! Can't emphasize this enough. Get rid of trying to find Sofia. Right now it is just down right annoying.

Plus, I disagree I think it is the 3rd best show on TV. Behind Homeland and It's Always Sunny. If you haven't watched Homeland I would highly recommend it.

It's Always Sunny... does nothing for me. Never been a fan.

I've never seen (or heard of) Homeland. When and where can I watch?

I agree about the whole Sophia thing, too. 3 episodes is a bit much. However, everything that's happening during those 3 episodes (outside of the weird pharmacy sex thing) has been great.
ChrisSabal
11/14/11 3:26:23PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by emfleek

It's Always Sunny... does nothing for me. Never been a fan.

I've never seen (or heard of) Homeland. When and where can I watch?

I agree about the whole Sophia thing, too. 3 episodes is a bit much. However, everything that's happening during those 3 episodes (outside of the weird pharmacy sex thing) has been great.

I do agree with that. The things happening are very exciting. I am very very curious to see the next major character who dies. I have a feeling the farm is gonna be raided by zombies very soon.

Homeland is on Showtime and is only in its 1st season and I believe 7 episodes in. I don't have Showtime so I just watch it on tv-links.eu. Utterly fantastic show and last episode I think was the best of the season.
emfleek
11/14/11 3:37:01PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Homeland is on Showtime and is only in its 1st season and I believe 7 episodes in. I don't have Showtime so I just watch it on tv-links.eu. Utterly fantastic show and last episode I think was the best of the season.

Interesting. I don't have Showtime either so I'll like not be able to watch. We have too many series recordings to keep up with as is.
Chael_Sonnen
11/14/11 3:44:22PM

Posted by emfleek

Good show, not as riveting as I would like, but good nonetheless....American Horror Story is the best thing on the tube right now.
emfleek
11/14/11 3:53:36PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

American Horror Story is the best thing on the tube right now.

I watched the first episode and thought it was crap. So bad that I refused to even give it another shot.
Chael_Sonnen
11/14/11 8:38:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I watched the first episode and thought it was crap. So bad that I refused to even give it another shot.

It gets better with each episode, different strokes....
Ordep
11/14/11 9:19:56PM

I was sooo ready for the boy to die after getting shot, and now can't wait for Sophia to be dead.

Five episodes focused on that shit, I know it's based in the book and all that but its getting really annoying.

I want more survival stuff and it';s about time one of them die too.

Boardwalk Empire FTW!
emfleek
11/16/11 9:02:01AM
I've never read the comics so if anyone ruins the storyline for me, I will kill you and eat your flesh with hot sauce.
cowcatcher
11/16/11 9:19:44AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

After I watched the first episode I told a couple of my friends that I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but it has gotten better and better since. I know what you're saying though Fleek, but the show is really pretty damn good.

I just watched Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead and I'm glad we got to see Merle again, the guy that plays him does evil douchebags so damn well. I don't know how, but Darryl has become the most likable character IMO after starting out as a dick, and I'm just waiting for Shane to crack and everything to go to hell in a handbasket again. You can sense the clock running out on them at the farm really quickly here.
mrkennedy
11/16/11 12:49:56PM
Walking Dead is one of the best but Breaking Bad is just a masterpiece
emfleek
11/16/11 12:55:14PM

Posted by cowcatcher

After I watched the first episode I told a couple of my friends that I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but it has gotten better and better since. I know what you're saying though Fleek, but the show is really pretty damn good.

I just watched Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead and I'm glad we got to see Merle again, the guy that plays him does evil douchebags so damn well. I don't know how, but Darryl has become the most likable character IMO after starting out as a dick, and I'm just waiting for Shane to crack and everything to go to hell in a handbasket again. You can sense the clock running out on them at the farm really quickly here.

Maybe I'll give American Horror Story another shot. Any idea if the episodes are available online?

I have to admit...Darryl has grown on me. I still think his acting is par (at best) but the character itself has grown on me.

My vote for the next person to get killed goes to Andrea (the b*tchy blonde). She's been on my nerves ever since they group left the CDC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6