what you all have been waiting for....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » what you all have been waiting for....
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/15/07 10:34:23PM
johny_rotten
4/15/07 10:52:15PM
Okay I will go first. Never before has a PRO FIGHTER whined as much as Matt. "He held the rope," was Matt's cry this time. Yes he held the rope before he broke your arm. It wasn't like it was a bang bang thing. It was over a minute, and many postion changes before Fedor "snap crackled and poped" Matt's arm. Where was this integrity when you didn't fess up to tapping in the Bustamantle fight, Matt? It just bugs me.
-Virus-
4/15/07 10:54:28PM
Calm down man.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 10:55:53PM
I still think Lindland would have had a chance against Fedor and i said this loooong before the match happened
johny_rotten
4/15/07 11:09:41PM

Posted by Juggernaut

I still think Lindland would have had a chance against Fedor and i said this loooong before the match happened

You say that like won the match. In his own words he got his arm "snaped, poppled, and cracked," in the first round. Matt was this in this fight for 10 seconds. Landed one punch the proceeded to get out classed.
warglory
4/16/07 12:06:13AM
I will never understand why Lindland took this match to begin with. The guy is no heavyweight, come on!
Svartorm
4/16/07 12:14:42AM
Supposedly Rulon Gardner was offered $500,000 just to step into the ring with Fedor, and some ridiculous sum to win. I can't imagine Lindland being offered much less than that?
ButterBalls
4/16/07 12:31:09AM

Posted by Svartorm

Supposedly Rulon Gardner was offered $500,000 just to step into the ring with Fedor, and some ridiculous sum to win. I can't imagine Lindland being offered much less than that?

doesn't suprise me about Rulon, I hear he is huge in Russia.
Svartorm
4/16/07 12:37:05AM
Or at least his defeat would be huge in Russia.
ButterBalls
4/16/07 12:40:20AM

Posted by Svartorm

that too.

I was looking him up a while back and you wouldn't believe all the crap he has went through. He got lost skiing or something and had to have a toe amputated, got shot with an arrow in school, had the plane crash, the motorcycle accident....its unreal.
RichBoy
4/16/07 12:43:43AM

Posted by butterballs

Posted by Svartorm

that too.

I was looking him up a while back and you wouldn't believe all the crap he has went through. He got lost skiing or something and had to have a toe amputated, got shot with an arrow in school, had the plane crash, the motorcycle accident....its unreal.

Yea the guys been threw so much. It would just be mean to make him face Fedor. But yeah anybody know why he never continued MMA ??
ButterBalls
4/16/07 12:48:52AM

Posted by RichBoy

Posted by butterballs

Posted by Svartorm

that too.

Yea the guys been threw so much. It would just be mean to make him face Fedor. But yeah anybody know why he never continued MMA ??

I don't think he likes to fight.
Svartorm
4/16/07 12:58:42AM
Yeah, in the interview/story I read about him, he said he hates the idea of hurting people. Plus he can make a very comfortable living off of public speaking engagements.
mrsumo
4/16/07 1:01:17AM
He lost the toe in a snowmobile incident and then not long ago his plane crashed somewhere here in utah and everyone spent a freezing night near a lake. I can't decide if he is blessed or cursed. Either way he dies hard.
ButterBalls
4/16/07 1:05:51AM

Posted by Svartorm

Yeah, in the interview/story I read about him, he said he hates the idea of hurting people. Plus he can make a very comfortable living off of public speaking engagements.

I might do the same thing if I were him. He has nothing left to prove in my opinion. Hell, the guys life is a very inspirational story.
richieb19
4/16/07 1:42:21AM

Posted by Svartorm

lol thats exactly what I was thinking...
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/16/07 11:14:38AM

Posted by Juggernaut

I thought Lindland would have done a lot better than he did.
SteedTheDeed
4/16/07 5:08:16PM

Posted by warglory

I will never understand why Lindland took this match to begin with. The guy is no heavyweight, come on!

and he has 3 more HW fights on his contract
bayonetxwork
4/16/07 5:30:04PM
Dude the guy definitely has a right to be pissed. It sucks pretty bad when you have a guy double underhooked, and your about to slam him when he holds on to the rope. And then on top of that, uses Lindlands momentum to then throw him. I'm not taking anything away from Fedor, the mans a beast. But I just don't think you can be mad at Lindland for being pissed about what happened.
loller90278
4/16/07 8:23:03PM
no, matt has every right complaining about the ropes.
fedor was intentionally grabbing the ropes and it wasnt instinct
although i wouldnt call this cheating, i call it fighting smart.
many fighters do things to their advantage, (IE chuck liddels famous eye gouging)

if fedor DIDNT use the ropes, lindland would have been on top of him (doing nothing) and the fight could have been stopped due to the cut.

i have more respect for fedor now for thinking with his head and doin what he needed to do to win.

i actually WOULD like to see a re-match, and i think lindland can pull off an upset; believe it or not
Trapt1nw0nder
4/16/07 9:24:18PM
Fedor Cheated.....

I dont really care since i hate lindland,but the fact is he grabbed the ropes for a good 10 sec on and off.......even though he wasnt actually grabbing them,he was still balancing himself with his hands and arms......some people dont realize that ring ropes are tight,and have a steel rope through the center of them.....if lindland would of gotten top position i think he could of really irritated that cut and at least hurt Fedor a little more and make Fedor pay for his win, before Lindland getting his ass kicked

after seeing how Lindland did in 20 seconds,i can see Randy Couture beating Fedor easy.....regardless if fedor will grab the ropes or not,he is going down if randy gets ahold of you!
johny_rotten
4/16/07 11:43:13PM
In the eyes of every MMA ref/promotion grabbing the ropes/cage is a minor infraction that can take place 3-5 times before getting a point taken away. Every does or has done it. If it was cheating Chuck wouldn't be champion any longer since he has done it in every fight I can remember.

Matt could have got on top when Fedor went for the heel. He couldn't because Fedor is a much better fighter.