So wait.. Who is supposed to be anderson silva at 155 on TUF

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » So wait.. Who is supposed to be anderson silva at 155 on TUF
Sam_Rothstein
10/22/08 11:14:02PM
Sorry if this has already been posted but im still curious as to who this guy is supposed to be. Dana made a comment before this season aired saying he found the 155 lb version of Anderson Silva on this years TUF.

So who is this guy supposed to be? A lot of people thought it was gonna be Joe Duarte but he's no longer on the show and already signed with a smaller company.

We've seen every light weight fight at least once so far. Who is this guy supposed to be? Any guesses?
Twenty20Dollars
10/22/08 11:16:23PM
Thats what i was wondering.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/22/08 11:28:04PM
phillipe nover

end thread /
Sam_Rothstein
10/22/08 11:43:36PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

phillipe nover

end thread /

I see you are pretty confident in phillipe
jiujitsufreak74
10/22/08 11:45:35PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

phillipe nover

end thread /

well there aren't too many LWs that fit the bill and Phillipe is the logical choice of the remaining candidates. i would say 90% it is him.
Sam_Rothstein
10/22/08 11:58:02PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

phillipe nover

end thread /

well there aren't too many LWs that fit the bill and Phillipe is the logical choice of the remaining candidates. i would say 90% it is him.

yeah I guess it would make the most sense, he is 24 too so he matches the bill.
StorminYourman
10/23/08 3:32:02AM

phillipe nover

end thread /

This is what I have been saying since before the show started!
fullerene
10/23/08 8:20:14AM
I'm still holding onto the slim possibility that Dana White actually exaggerated the abilities of one of the TUF contesttants.
gsquat
10/23/08 10:10:21AM

Posted by fullerene

I'm still holding onto the slim possibility that Dana White actually exaggerated the abilities of one of the TUF contesttants.

Regardles of who he was talking about, this is indeed the case. However, I believe he was talking about Phillipe. He wasn't overly impressive in his first fight, but won in convincing fashion nonetheless. From what I've seen of his training, he's got great looking strikes and works his ass off. Hopefully we'll see soon.
RhythmAndStyle
10/23/08 12:38:44PM
isn't phillipe the guy that pasted out?..i'm not sayin anythin bad bout him..i don't really follow the show that much...
fedorwins1
10/23/08 3:29:37PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

isn't phillipe the guy that pasted out?..i'm not sayin anythin bad bout him..i don't really follow the show that much...

Yup, and in the first fight he fought Joe Duarte who everyone thought was the person Dana was talking about, but Phillipe destroyed Joe.

Didn't Dana say that this person was the Anderson Silva of BJJ? Maybe I heard wrong, but out of all of the 155ers Phillipe seems the most well rounded.
gsquat
10/23/08 4:48:38PM
He said this guy is like the Anderson Silva of the 155lb division. I hope Phillipe fights Junie.