Wait a minute... Wandy x Tito... UFC 79 revenge?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Wait a minute... Wandy x Tito... UFC 79 revenge?
bezun
9/7/07 8:02:47PM
Correct me if i'm wrong (because i frequently am) but didnt tito beat wandy out of the UFC? If the dream of wandy and chuck is postponed, do you think this possible?? I'm sitting in a puddle of my own joy!
Jackelope
9/7/07 8:17:52PM
I would love to see Wandy vs. Tito just because Wandy would get a chance at some revenge.
kofranklin
9/7/07 8:20:28PM
I think it is very possible.
juanez13
9/7/07 8:28:25PM
very vey unlikely if tito ends up fighting with rashad again, because that fight would be for ufc 77, so it would be to close for ufc 79, if somehow he ends not not taking the rematch with rashad, this fight is always a possiblity...
ocho-cinco
9/7/07 8:30:56PM
LR
9/7/07 9:04:36PM
He beat Wanderlei a long time ago. Wanderlei was a rising star, and Tito put an end to that for a short period, but Wanderlei has definitely beefed up his power, and I think Tito would definitely feel the pain a second time around.
MattHughes
9/7/07 9:08:04PM
No doubt Wandy would win this time around...no doubt. Tito isn't the same fighter he once was.
Twenty20Dollars
9/7/07 9:40:48PM
I doubt tito would take that fight again.
warglory
9/7/07 10:27:31PM
Tito is the exact same fighter he once was, that is the problem.
nubby
9/7/07 11:50:38PM

Posted by warglory

I will not disagree there for the most part. However I don't see the fight being any different unless Wanderlei learned to sprawl from Randy.
roman
9/8/07 1:06:31AM

Posted by nubby
I will not disagree there for the most part. However I don't see the fight being any different unless Wanderlei learned to sprawl from Randy.

Right after that loss he worked extensively on his takedown defense. Have you seen his fights against Hendo????? His sprawl was definitley there. I really hope Dana sets this fight up so Titos career can come to an end already. His best performance in the past five years was against a declining Victor Belfort and an aged Shamrock (THREE TIMES), WOW that's a bad 5 years.
cowcatcher
9/8/07 1:16:27AM
it would sell tickets and PPV buys and tito hasnt confirmed a thing about fighting rashad again so this isnt that far fetched. id much rather see chuck and wandy, obviously, because ive waited so long for that one, but to see tito wandy 2 is like a dream with courtney cox instead of jessica alba-----still hot but a little past its prime and not in the same league anymore.
SteedTheDeed
9/8/07 4:04:05AM
isn't tito fighting at 77 or 78? he won't fight twice that fast and he wants rashad a lot more than wand.
blkssncpt
9/8/07 4:50:30AM
i would stil like to see this fight wandy is definately a better fighter than he was than i dont think tito dominate like he did in that fight...

-Rob
Kastro
9/8/07 7:52:06AM

Posted by blkssncpt

i would stil like to see this fight wandy is definately a better fighter than he was than i dont think tito dominate like he did in that fight...

-Rob

Same..
DCRage
9/8/07 9:49:15AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

isn't tito fighting at 77 or 78? he won't fight twice that fast and he wants rashad a lot more than wand.

Tito's to face Rashad again at 77, and all the rumors are that Wandy will face Liddell at 78, but that partly depends on how Liddell comes out of the fight against Jardine at 76 (namely no lengthy medical suspension, so as long as he's not brutally KO'd or doesn't bleed that shouldn't be an issue).
SpiderSilva
9/8/07 1:45:02PM
I don't knkow Tito could deff take down Wandi and keep him there I beleave Tito could win not saying he would but could win
loonytnt
9/8/07 2:49:53PM
hmm i think i would like to see this fight other then chuck vs wandy, because i dont wanna see rush vs tito again but i will watch it so lets see both fights
hotrodttt
9/8/07 4:21:35PM
It won't happen because Tito is fight at 77
MattHughes
9/9/07 11:34:58PM

Posted by warglory

His conditioning is laughable now, he was once known for his conditioning. He doesn't have the desire to be #1 anymore it seems.
CCPRIDE99
9/23/07 1:03:27PM
wanderlei should have to prove himself before fighting a top guy just like when they made mirko fight eddie sanchez or when rampage had to fight eastman.
i think they should make wandy fight hector ramirez cuz that would be a brawl