WAGERING

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » WAGERING
rameydl8
12/25/07 1:59:30PM
i was just lookin around at some old stuff on here...and after i was lookin...i think we should find a way to be able to wager our own amounts against others like before...i like the way were doin it now..but it would be better if we could somehow do both
tepid55
12/25/07 2:21:35PM
I agree with you. Recomend it to the mods.
stock
12/25/07 2:43:06PM
I agree too, but only if the current betting system stayed.

Come to think of it though, couldn't you fudge a head-to-head betting system using the current betting system?

For example, say I want to bet someone that GSP will beat Matt Hughes. If Matt Hughes is a +200, I could bet $150 on GSP and the guy I wanted to bet against could bet $50 on Hughes.
Tequnically, if I lost, my $150 would go to the guy who picked Hughes, and his $50 would go to me if I won.

Just a thought.

That being said,
Bravo to the Mods for the great betting system you guys currently have going.
tuvok500
12/25/07 2:44:38PM
I desagree, i think it is better to bet only against the house.

babalu2720
12/25/07 5:25:30PM
I disagree we should go back to Season 1 Wagering ....not that I have any particular reason in the change
tepid55
12/26/07 12:44:22PM
I think the fantasy wagering should be just for fun instead of a cmpetition.
Art_Vandelay
12/26/07 2:36:39PM
Head to head wagering is not going to work when there are cash prizes.

Even the current wagering system is open to multiple account violators, but it's not that big a deal, it just means that many players have long-shot accounts. Kind of sad.
zephead
12/26/07 11:06:15PM

Posted by tepid55

Already tried it and it was horrible. Users setting up multiple accounts and then betting big money. We would spend days after fights going over all the bets. Getting PM after PM after PM on wager manipulation. Banning users. Getting cussed out. It was just not worth it.

We tried it and the users abused it. So to keep it fair for the MAJORITY of users that were honest, we had to go to this system of wagering
hippysmacker
12/27/07 4:20:03AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by tepid55

Already tried it and it was horrible. Users setting up multiple accounts and then betting big money. We would spend days after fights going over all the bets. Getting PM after PM after PM on wager manipulation. Banning users. Getting cussed out. It was just not worth it.

We tried it and the users abused it. So to keep it fair for the MAJORITY of users that were honest, we had to go to this system of wagering

I'll 2nd that