Waddaya'll think of my fantasy football team?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Waddaya'll think of my fantasy football team?
Next Page »
pv3Hpv3p
8/24/09 11:48:56AM
Just wondering what you guys thought...

Had our draft last saturday morning, it's a 12 team PPR league...

Adrian Peterson
Anquan Boldin
Reggie Wayne
Lendayle White
Phillip Rivers
Kellen Winslow
Chester Taylor
Giants D
Fred Taylor
Jay Cutler
Correll Buckhalter
Tedd Ginn Jr
Derrius Heyward-bey
Shone Green
Vernon Davis
Ryan Lindell

I like my top 3 picks and am happy with my QB / TE / D positions, but am a little worried about my lack of depth
emfleek
8/24/09 11:59:50AM
I would try to secure a 2-for-1 deal...give up either Rivers or Cutler and hopefully get a middle-of-the-pack RB and a #2 (or #1 if they'll go for it) receiver in return.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/24/09 12:09:22PM
you either got 1st or 2nd pick lol but i'm guessing 1st based on AP

I see a couple problems, i wouldve picked wayne ahead of boldin cause well boldin plays second string to fitz, and specially after he made that scene in arizona, who knows what'll happen to him. Also picking wayne ahead of boldin and maybe settling for a guy like Housh or Roy williams in dallas wouldve maybe opened the door for you to pick someone better than White at rb cause well lendale white isint exactly a top notchh rb and i'd be scared of trusting him with a starting job on my roster. Other than that, you got 2 great qbs, pretty solid TEs and a stand up D. True you do have alot of RBs but none of them who are starters so as i just realized what emfleek said, id advise what he's saying and trade up for a starting RB.
joshryanshepherd
8/24/09 12:13:53PM
shouda picked Romo
king_katool
8/24/09 12:25:54PM
Top notch RBs own in FF, you've got 1 of them, like fleek and under said, try and trade for another
DCRage
8/24/09 12:43:20PM
And more importantly, you've got the AP handcuff in Chester Taylor. As for the rest, maybe dump Fred Taylor, I would probably get rid of Vernon even though I like him, Hayward-Bey is perhaps a sleeper but he's in Oakland which lowers his value a little, Ginn is a sleeper.
emfleek
8/24/09 12:48:20PM
Rookie receivers suck 99 times out of 100.

Especially with JaMarcus Russell throwing to them.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/24/09 12:54:17PM

Posted by emfleek

Rookie recievers suck 99 times out of 100.

Especially with JaMarcus Russell throwing to them.

Amen
pv3Hpv3p
8/24/09 1:46:57PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

you either got 1st or 2nd pick lol but i'm guessing 1st based on AP

I see a couple problems, i wouldve picked wayne ahead of boldin cause well boldin plays second string to fitz, and specially after he made that scene in arizona, who knows what'll happen to him. Also picking wayne ahead of boldin and maybe settling for a guy like Housh or Roy williams in dallas wouldve maybe opened the door for you to pick someone better than White at rb cause well lendale white isint exactly a top notchh rb and i'd be scared of trusting him with a starting job on my roster. Other than that, you got 2 great qbs, pretty solid TEs and a stand up D. True you do have alot of RBs but none of them who are starters so as i just realized what emfleek said, id advise what he's saying and trade up for a starting RB.

I guess the big difference is the points per reception league... I would've drafted RB-WR-RB, but since I picked AP instead of MJD, I won't be getting many receptions out of the backfield, so I decided to go with the 2 back to back WR strategy in the 2nd and 3rd; I guess I'll see if it'll pay off... I needed another RB in rd 4 and LenDayle was the best on the board and I think we'll see a little sophmore slump out of Johnson, and he's playing for a contract (White)...

I have both Cutler and Rivers on the trading block and am hoping to get another RB for one or the other (preferably Cutler)... That and I just noticed they both have the same bye week awww well, let the fun begin
pv3Hpv3p
8/24/09 1:49:42PM

Posted by king_katool

Top notch RBs own in FF, you've got 1 of them, like fleek and under said, try and trade for another

having a ppr (points per reception) league changes that dramatically... I was actually going to take MJD instead of AP at #1 just cause of the catches (and loss of Fred Taylor), but couldn't bring myself to do it...
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/24/09 4:57:17PM
aaaaaah, hadn't seen the ppr thing... but still, 10 yds per point is always a money maker with a good rb
Shawn91111
8/24/09 6:28:38PM
For a 12 person league thats a pretty solid team. Maybe the depth isnt there, but dont sweat it. I myself would have drafted Rivers and thats it but see if someone wants Cutler or trade Rivers and White for a better RB. Dont listen to these guys , they will be losing the MMAPlayground fantasy football shortly, just as they are losing the baseball fantasy league
pv3Hpv3p
9/4/09 8:06:18AM
Alright fellas...

This is my other team, 12 team H2H auction draft...

D. McNabb - QB PHI
M. Hassellbeck - QB SEA
M. Forte - RB CHI
F. Gore - RB SF
R. Rice - RB BAL
D. Bowe - WR KAN
T. O. - WR BUF
D. Jackson - WR PHI
C. Cooley - TE WAS
R. Bironas - K TEN
Ravens D

Bench
L. McCoy - RB PHI
L. Moore - WR NO
I got one more RB (I think?), but for the life of me can't remember who it was???

Please let me know if you see any glaring holes or if you're pretty sure I've got the championship locked up or whatever
emfleek
9/4/09 8:37:25AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Alright fellas...

D. McNabb - QB PHI
M. Hassellbeck - QB SEA
M. Forte - RB CHI
F. Gore - RB SF
R. Rice - RB BAL
D. Bowe - WR KAN
T. O. - WR BUF
D. Jackson - WR PHI
C. Cooley - TE WAS
R. Bironas - K TEN
Ravens D

Bench
L. McCoy - RB PHI
L. Moore - WR NO
I got one more RB (I think?), but for the life of me can't remember who it was???

Please let me know if you see any glaring holes or if you're pretty sure I've got the championship locked up or whatever

If this were my team, I'd be worried about my wide receivers.

Bowe hasn't looked great. Granted, he's started to look better but I personally wouldn't waste my time with KC receivers.

Owens is getting up there in age and has an unproven QB in Trent Edwards on the other end of his passes. Look for T.O. to throw a fit around week 4 when Buffalo is 1-3.

I *do* like DeSean Jackson...I'm just not sure how much of a fantasy impact he'll have.
DCRage
9/4/09 8:50:34AM
Bowe's tough to call because now he's got Cassel at QB and he probably is #1 now but they'll probably run the ball more meaning more LJ and less everyone else. As for the other one...T.No. He & the ArgoIlls just won't work. RB-wise, hold on to McCoy for when Westbrook has injury issues, Rice is a good sleeper.
pv3Hpv3p
9/4/09 9:47:03AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Alright fellas...

D. McNabb - QB PHI
M. Hassellbeck - QB SEA
M. Forte - RB CHI
F. Gore - RB SF
R. Rice - RB BAL
D. Bowe - WR KAN
T. O. - WR BUF
D. Jackson - WR PHI
C. Cooley - TE WAS
R. Bironas - K TEN
Ravens D

Bench
L. McCoy - RB PHI
L. Moore - WR NO

Bowe hasn't looked great. Granted, he's started to look better but I personally wouldn't waste my time with KC receivers.

Owens is getting up there in age and has an unproven QB in Trent Edwards on the other end of his passes. Look for T.O. to throw a fit around week 4 when Buffalo is 1-3.

I *do* like DeSean Jackson...I'm just not sure how much of a fantasy impact he'll have.

Ya, I was a little worried about WR as well, but have faith in Bowe, who had a good season with poor QB's last year and I think is just getting better... I know it's kinda a stretch, but I wanted to go a little more RB heavy in this league because last year that's where the majority of the points came from... I don't know if you've ever done an auction draft, but sometimes you get stuck with players that you don't necesarilly want just trying to jack up the price (ie TO, lol)... I think that Lance Moore is going to have a breakout year, and I always like to have at least a little piece of a high powered offense like the Saints if I can...

Seems to me like Jackson and McNabb are building up some good chemistry, and for some reason I like to have a QB/WR combo... can really help your team out if they start putting up big numbers... thanks for the input
pv3Hpv3p
9/4/09 9:50:30AM

Posted by DCRage

Bowe's tough to call because now he's got Cassel at QB and he probably is #1 now but they'll probably run the ball more meaning more LJ and less everyone else. As for the other one...T.No. He & the ArgoIlls just won't work. RB-wise, hold on to McCoy for when Westbrook has injury issues, Rice is a good sleeper.

I liked grabbing McCoy because I think he'll work his way into the regular offense and might even see some goalline touches, but think that I overpaid for Rice... Although we do a 1 year keeper in this league, and I got him at the maximum keeper salary.. I like that he's catching passes out of the backfield too... We shall see
emfleek
9/4/09 10:16:11AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

but think that I overpaid for Rice... Although we do a 1 year keeper in this league, and I got him at the maximum keeper salary.. I like that he's catching passes out of the backfield too... We shall see

I've been taking Rice in just about all of my leagues. I think it's a solid pick.
king_katool
9/4/09 1:20:02PM
this is my first team, i usually do 2, my next draft is monday, how does this team look any spots i should upgrade?

Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
Adrian Peterson, Min RB
Clinton Portis, Was RB
Brian Westbrook, Phi RB/WR
Chad Ochocinco, Cin WR
DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
Robbie Gould, Chi K

BENCH
Bernard Berrian, Min WR
Santana Moss, Was WR
Earnest Graham, TB RB
Donald Driver, GB WR
Kyle Orton, Den QB
Chris Chambers, SD WR
Muhsin Muhammad, Car WR
pv3Hpv3p
9/4/09 1:56:29PM

Posted by king_katool

this is my first team, i usually do 2, my next draft is monday, how does this team look any spots i should upgrade?

Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
Adrian Peterson, Min RB
Clinton Portis, Was RB
Chad Ochocinco, Cin WR
DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
Robbie Gould, Chi K

BENCH
Bernard Berrian, Min WR
Santana Moss, Was WR
Earnest Graham, TB RB
Donald Driver, GB WR
Kyle Orton, Den QB
Chris Chambers, SD WR
Muhsin Muhammad, Car WR

Looks like a solid team to me... How'd you manage AP, Westbrook, and Portis?
king_katool
9/5/09 2:19:25PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by king_katool

Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
Adrian Peterson, Min RB
Clinton Portis, Was RB
Chad Ochocinco, Cin WR
DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE
Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
Robbie Gould, Chi K

BENCH
Bernard Berrian, Min WR
Santana Moss, Was WR
Earnest Graham, TB RB
Donald Driver, GB WR
Kyle Orton, Den QB
Chris Chambers, SD WR
Muhsin Muhammad, Car WR

Looks like a solid team to me... How'd you manage AP, Westbrook, and Portis?

2cd pick and the first guy took his fav player i guess cause it was a shitty pick for #1, drew brees, i took AP then westbrook in the 2cd round, everyone went WR happy so i picked up ochocinco, the rodgers, 5th rd comes by and portis is still on the board so i grabbed him
pv3Hpv3p
9/8/09 11:26:25AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Alright fellas...

D. McNabb - QB PHI
M. Hassellbeck - QB SEA
M. Forte - RB CHI
F. Gore - RB SF
R. Rice - RB BAL
D. Bowe - WR KAN
T. O. - WR BUF
D. Jackson - WR PHI
C. Cooley - TE WAS
R. Bironas - K TEN
Ravens D

Bench
L. McCoy - RB PHI
L. Moore - WR NO

To add to this... I dropped the one RB I couldn't remember (Julius Jones SEA) and picked up Chris Henry off the wire... Not the best WR addition, but not bad for a waiver pick up...There's a couple more interesting players out there, but I think Henry's going to have a big season if Palmer stays healthy and no TJ
emfleek
9/8/09 11:41:07AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

To add to this... I dropped the one RB I couldn't remember (Julius Jones SEA) and picked up Chris Henry off the wire... Not the best WR addition, but not bad for a waiver pick up...There's a couple more interesting players out there, but I think Henry's going to have a big season if Palmer stays healthy and no TJ

I agree. Henry is a sleeper pick. As long as he keeps his nose clean and has Palmer tossing the ball to him, he could put up the numbers of a #1 receiver.
Ordep
9/8/09 4:03:05PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Alright fellas...

D. McNabb - QB PHI
M. Hassellbeck - QB SEA
M. Forte - RB CHI
F. Gore - RB SF
R. Rice - RB BAL
D. Bowe - WR KAN
T. O. - WR BUF
D. Jackson - WR PHI
C. Cooley - TE WAS
R. Bironas - K TEN
Ravens D

Bench
L. McCoy - RB PHI
L. Moore - WR NO

Keep an eye on Glenn Coffee since you have Gore there. He got 2nd spot in their depth chart(projected) and looked good in the pre-season. Could be a nice handcuff.
emfleek
9/8/09 10:40:55PM
Here's my final draft (ESPN league) of the season. 12 teams.

-------------------------------

QB - Phillip Rivers
RB - Steven Jackson
RB - Frank Gore
RB/WR - Ray Rice
WR - Roddy White
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR/TE - Antonio Bryant
TE - Antonio Gates
D/ST - San Diego Chargers
K - John Carney

BENCH - Chris Wells
BENCH - Fred Jackson
BENCH - Domenik Hixson
BENCH - Trent Edwards
BENCH - John Carlson
BENCH - Jerious Norwood
BENCH - Nate Washington

Thoughts and/or suggestions?
emfleek
9/9/09 10:46:19AM
I'm currently trying to work a trade for the Steelers D/ST unit...

The_Metal_Maniac
9/9/09 11:54:40AM
Both leagues that I'm in have a half point per reception.

Team 1

QB Donovan McNabb, Phi QB
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB
RB Darren McFadden, Oak RB
RB/WR Hines Ward, Pit WR
WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR P
TE Jason Witten, Dal TE
D/ST Chargers D/ST, SD D/ST
K Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
Bench Larry Johnson, KC RB
Bench Darren Sproles, SD RB
Bench LeSean McCoy, Phi RB
Bench Josh Morgan, SF WR
Bench Dustin Keller, NYJ, TE
Bench David Garrard, Jac QB P
Bench Earl Bennett, Chi WR

Team 2

QB Drew Brees, NO QB
RB Michael Turner, Atl RB
RB Darren McFadden, Oak RB
RB/WR DeSean Jackson, Phi WR
WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR
WR Roddy White, Atl WR
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE P
D/ST Packers D/ST, GB D/ST
K Ryan Longwell, Min K
Bench Torry Holt, Jac WR
Bench Derrick Ward, TB RB
Bench Santana Moss, Was WR
Bench Bernard Berrian, Min WR
Bench Chris Henry, Cin WR
Bench Carson Palmer, Cin QB P
Bench Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB
emfleek
9/9/09 1:20:33PM

Posted by emfleek

Here's my final draft (ESPN league) of the season. 12 teams.

-------------------------------

QB - Phillip Rivers
RB - Steven Jackson
RB - Frank Gore
RB/WR - Ray Rice
WR - Roddy White
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR/TE - Antonio Bryant
TE - Antonio Gates
D/ST - San Diego Chargers
K - John Carney

BENCH - Chris Wells
BENCH - Fred Jackson
BENCH - Domenik Hixson
BENCH - Trent Edwards
BENCH - John Carlson
BENCH - Jerious Norwood
BENCH - Nate Washington

I just traded Fred Jackson, Nate Washington and San Diego and, in return, I got the Pittsburgh Steelers D/ST. I got a little weaker on the bench, but I'm confident I can grab someone off waivers to pick up the slack prior to my 1st RB bye week.
Ordep
9/9/09 9:23:47PM

Posted by emfleek

RB - Frank Gore

Same thing I already said, SF used Coffee a lot in pre-season and IMO he didn't disappointed.Not saying that he'll take Gore's job since that's not even close, but in case of injury or splitting the RB job more to keep Gore fresh he's a good cuff. Might not be good to pick him now (although I did[and a bunch of rookies ]) but keep an eye on him for the first couple of weeks.

That team looks better that the one Yahoo! picked for you
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/9/09 9:48:34PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by emfleek

RB - Frank Gore

Same thing I already said, SF used Coffee a lot in pre-season and IMO he didn't disappointed.Not saying that he'll take Gore's job since that's not even close, but in case of injury or splitting the RB job more to keep Gore fresh he's a good cuff. Might not be good to pick him now (although I did[and a bunch of rookies ]) but keep an eye on him for the first couple of weeks.

That team looks better that the one Yahoo! picked for you

Again, i'll just ignore the Gore non-believers as should you fleeker...and on that note, still havent heard from mkiv9secsupra for that overall position av bet.
Pages: [1] 2