Who are you voting for? And let's use this thread to discuss Hurricane Sandy.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Who are you voting for? And let's use this thread to discuss Hurricane Sandy.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
POLL: Presidential Poll
Obama 46% (21)
Romney 13% (6)
Other 9% (4)
I'm not voting 33% (15)
warglory
10/29/12 9:11:54PM
Right now, gusts are over 40 mph in Portland Maine, I can only imagine how bad they are in NY and in Jersey. Stay safe guys!
Shawn91111
10/29/12 10:18:20PM
An hour North of NYC and the rain has stopped, still windy but nothing major. Went out from work and checked the Hudson River level in the area and wasnt too bad.
george112
10/29/12 10:53:24PM
MSN.com has articles all over the place about just how bad this storm is. Even going so far as to call it a "Superstorm"

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Budgellism
10/29/12 11:28:33PM
Someone died in Toronto tonight being hit by a Staples sign that was blown away by the winds.
jakewalters
10/30/12 1:09:41AM

Posted by Budgellism

Someone died in Toronto tonight being hit by a Staples sign that was blown away by the winds.

Staples. That was easy.
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/30/12 1:34:05AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Budgellism

Staples. That was easy.

Two things. First, that shit was funny. Second, proof that the $ spent on advertising is paying off.
Bubbles
10/30/12 9:24:50AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Budgellism

Staples. That was easy.

jakewalters
10/30/12 10:28:38AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Budgellism

Staples. That was easy.

Two things. First, that shit was funny. Second, proof that the $ spent on advertising is paying off.

Haha marketing at it's finest.
airkerma
10/30/12 10:33:32AM

Posted by george112

MSN.com has articles all over the place about just how bad this storm is. Even going so far as to call it a "Superstorm"

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Starting to think you don't know how ridiculous that sounds...

Earthquake = no big deal: The usual is happening, things fell down, damage was done.
jakewalters
10/30/12 10:40:49AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Earthquake = no big deal: The usual is happening, things fell down, damage was done.

Haha good point. Florida gets battered with Cat 4's and 5's all the time, but the difference is that we're prepared for all the damage. Giant storm drains, run-offs, etc all over the place. I have a lot of idiot friends on Facebook/Twitter saying they don't know what the big deal's about for a Cat 1, and I guess they don't realize the northeast is not built to withstand a storm like we are. Thank god it wasn't a Cat 4 or 5 hurricane. That would have done exponentially more damage.
Shawn91111
10/30/12 12:06:02PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Haha good point. Florida gets battered with Cat 4's and 5's all the time, but the difference is that we're prepared for all the damage. Giant storm drains, run-offs, etc all over the place. I have a lot of idiot friends on Facebook/Twitter saying they don't know what the big deal's about for a Cat 1, and I guess they don't realize the northeast is not built to withstand a storm like we are. Thank god it wasn't a Cat 4 or 5 hurricane. That would have done exponentially more damage.

Eh Florida still gets damaged from Cat 4 and 5, a ton of damage if it hits no matter how prepared they are. I lived in South Florida for 8 yrs and its no picnic.
george112
10/30/12 12:07:53PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

You all misconstrued what I said. It's not that the hurricane "wasn't a big deal". What I was pointing out was the media was going ape shit over this hurricane just because it was going towards new york imo. They made it seem like it WAS a category 3 or 4 or even 5!

Please don't act like I dont know what I'm talking about. I live 15 min from the beach and 45 min to an hour from Galveston . Tons and tons of huge Oak trees where I live. Flooding we have never seen before because of Ike. I know what a hurricane can do
This I would call a "Superstorm"
Shawn91111
10/30/12 12:09:44PM

Posted by george112

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

You all misconstrued what I said. It's not that the hurricane "wasn't a big deal". What I was pointing out was the media was going ape shit over this hurricane just because it was going towards new york imo. They made it seem like it WAS a category 3 or 4 or even 5!

Please don't act like I dont know what I'm talking about. I live 15 min from the beach and 45 min to an hour from Galveston . Tons and tons of huge Oak trees where I live. Flooding we have never seen before because of Ike. I know what a hurricane can do

It was also mixed with a big nor'easter carrying a shit ton of snow as well.
jakewalters
10/30/12 12:10:17PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Eh Florida still gets damaged from Cat 4 and 5, a ton of damage if it hits no matter how prepared they are. I lived in South Florida for 8 yrs and its no picnic.

Yeah man, 2004 was brutal with those four storms that hit us (Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne). I remember after Frances we didn't have power for 2 weeks. Luckily we were prepared but it was rough living. We bought a new giant trashcan we filled with water to drink, and the one we already had we cleaned out as best as possible and used it to manually flush our toilets (we'd use a small trashcan and scoop out water, pour it into the back of the commode).

To be honest, the first few days sucked but after a while it was easier than you'd think to live without power. But when we got it back, you better believe I binged on technology for a solid day.
george112
10/30/12 12:12:57PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by george112

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

It was also mixed with a big nor'easter carrying a shit ton of snow as well.

glad to hear your ok
FlashyG
10/30/12 2:03:02PM

Posted by george112

This I would call a "Superstorm"

What made this storm "special" compared to the hurricanes that battered the south is the extremely low barometric pressure of it.

It didn't have the high winds of the higher category hurricanes but the low pressure allowed it to push significantly more water inland causing the widespread flooding.

It was no Katrina though that's for sure.
KungFuMaster
10/30/12 4:28:26PM
Death toll rises to 39.

Obama urges country to cut Red Tape to better provide quick relief for devastated areas.
Bubbles
10/30/12 6:15:24PM

Posted by jakewalters
To be honest, the first few days sucked but after a while it was easier than you'd think to live without power. But when we got it back, you better believe I binged on technology for a solid day.

so that's where redtube got its record of views in a day that record still stands from my understanding
jakewalters
10/30/12 6:33:56PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jakewalters

so that's where redtube got its record of views in a day that record still stands from my understanding

Oh you better believe it. That record will stand forever like Joe DiMaggio's hit streak
ghandikush
10/30/12 7:19:06PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Death toll rises to 39.

Obama urges country to cut Red Tape to better provide quick relief for devastated areas.

I cant fathom the united states being like , fuck no you cant have help, we need papers signed for that

Sounds like bullshit, anyone know what "red tape" is keeping help away?
jakewalters
10/30/12 7:20:56PM

Posted by ghandikush

I cant fathom the united states being like , fuck no you cant have help, we need papers signed for that

Waiting for Chael_Sonnen one-liner in 3... 2... 1...
ghandikush
10/30/12 7:34:56PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

I'm surprised you could use either hand to type that message with all the HJs you have for him
jakewalters
10/30/12 7:41:35PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

I'm surprised you could use either hand to type that message with all the HJs you have for him

Settle down, I was only commenting on the fact that he always has something to say funny or not whenever you post anything.

PS Go fuck yourself
ghandikush
10/30/12 7:43:34PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

Settle down, I was only commenting on the fact that he always has something to say funny or not whenever you post anything.

PS Go fuck yourself

lol
Adrenaline
10/30/12 7:44:48PM

Posted by ghandikush

Ghandikush, you make Kingsmasher look like Einstein.

jakewalters
10/30/12 7:45:13PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

PS Go fuck yourself

lol

ghandikush
10/30/12 7:47:41PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Wait in line, I cant troll Chael Sonnens semen factory at such a high pace.... I'm only human
jakewalters
10/30/12 7:49:59PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Wait in line, I cant troll Chael Sonnens semen factory at such a high pace.... I'm only human

Did you basically just call yourself a cum dumpster?
ghandikush
10/30/12 7:51:30PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Thats a bit mean, maybe a fine silk kerchief, but dumpster is just harsh...
jakewalters
10/30/12 7:56:22PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by ghandikush

Thats a bit mean, maybe a fine silk kerchief, but dumpster is just harsh...

Hahahaha. Well played.
Pages: 1 [2] 3