PLEASE VOTE YES IN THE SCORE SYSTEM POLL!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » PLEASE VOTE YES IN THE SCORE SYSTEM POLL!!!!!!
berzeck
4/16/07 1:48:39AM
Please people, you have to understand that the site is in BETA state, meaning that features must be well tested before upgrading to version 1; that means that we must accept the radical change of rules in this phase until we accept a set of rules that we consider the final "untouchable" ones.

Most of you said that you like the new rules better, well... now is the time to test the new set of rules and not the next season, because if that's the case, the site will have to be in BETA stage who knows how much time.

Lets test NOW all the changes until next season PLEASE vote YES otherwise you will SLOW the process to "freeze" the new set of rules and we will have this problem for many seasons from now.

PD: Sorry my bad English
CodyWrye
4/16/07 7:56:40PM
Will waiting the 4 more events until the season is over really effect the speed of change that much....i for one think not

changing the scoring system near the end of the season like this would be like changing the scoring system in a football game in the fourth quarter it just doesn't make much sense

Oh and bye the way I was ranked 14th before the change and I'm still ranked 14th so that is not my reason for thinking like this
berzeck
4/16/07 8:56:31PM
well actually is like changing the score of a football game WHEN football rules weren't well defined, and teams were playing to test the rules. So teams would be playing to test the rules and not to see who is the best in the first game ever played in football.

It is far better to change the rules in the first game ever tested that to change in subsequent football games

Actually that is the definition of BETA phase.

Otherwise season 2 would be BETA for the new set of rules ... if that set doesn't seem to work , we will have to wait season 3 to change the rules, and season 3 will be BETA again...and again... and again

it's far better to change the rules as fast as we can

Also there are technical reasons supporting the fact that maintaining 2 set of rules in a beta stage doesn't make to much sense

drance2624
4/17/07 10:45:15PM
yea,but let's be honest here bud, you're rank #421...you have NO chance of winning $500

I was ranked #23 and now I'm #37. Not too bad really, but still it pushed me further away from $500 and I could really use that $500.

And what's so bad about hot bouts anyways, it's a reward for being able to choose the 2 toughest fights on the card. If you can't play the odds and analyze fighter records and styles then tough shit...don't cry about it.

I liked the 2 hot bouts worth up to 20 points.

But I like the idea that choosing sub/(t)ko/dec are awarded points seperate from choosing the round.

I say 5 points for picking the winner

If the winner is picked correctly, then the way in which the fight was won should be worth 3 points, and a further 2 points if you choose the round in which it ends correctly.

I would still like to see 2 hot bouts in order for there to be more competition and make things more interesting.

If the winner is picked incorrectly, 0 points even if the way/round are picked correctly.

Sorry if my thoughts are a bit disorganized at the moment, I'm pretty tired. But these are my opinions, either way this is a really fun game to play and I'm enjoying it. I just wish that changes would be made at the end of the season or at least any changes made shouldn't alter previous results.

That's the one thing that is really bugging me and standing out as being unfair....altering previous results.

Whatever happens:

THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THIS AWESOME ONLINE GAME FOR TRUE MMA FANS!
peppermintfatty
4/18/07 12:20:55AM
I agree 100%, and I would like to add that I have a Camp member who got knocked from 64 to 120 due to this. Luckily I just fell from 120 to 124. People have made their picks and competed through 6)5 of a season on 1 set of rules. Once the beta season is done, then change them, fine, but why screw with everyone in teh middle of the season. It just makes no sense.
berzeck
4/18/07 12:57:31AM
1) the fact that i am ranked 421 doesnt validate/invalidate my point
2) if anyone predicted the 2 hotbouts correctly , that person would have won 40 (20 x 2) points which is half of the points that the average first places win each event ( 80 points more or less )

So, predicting the 2 hot bouts correctly can give roughly an equal amount of points than predicting the other fights. Obviously its a very bad quantification of mma knowledge statistically speaking

D-Boy
4/18/07 9:23:31AM

Posted by berzeck

1) the fact that i am ranked 421 doesnt validate/invalidate my point
2) if anyone predicted the 2 hotbouts correctly , that person would have won 40 (20 x 2) points which is half of the points that the average first places win each event ( 80 points more or less )

So, predicting the 2 hot bouts correctly can give roughly an equal amount of points than predicting the other fights. Obviously its a very bad quantification of mma knowledge statistically speaking

I agree, I personally feel the hot bouts should be totally eliminated