VOTE: Worst Stoppage of 2011

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » VOTE: Worst Stoppage of 2011
emfleek
12/14/11 2:07:17PM
John Dodson over T.J. Dillashaw (TUF 14 Finale)
Patricky Freire over Kurt Pellegrino (Bellator 59)
Dan Henderson over Fedor Emelianenko (Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson)
Wanderlei Silva over Cung Le (UFC 139)

CLICK HERE to vote!
Aether
12/15/11 11:27:47AM
This is the only poll where I thought the choices were really bad. I guess we all tend to forget about bad stoppages unless they were in important fights, but I'm sure there are far more blatantly horrible stoppages than the ones listed here.
emfleek
12/15/11 12:17:47PM

Posted by Aether

This is the only poll where I thought the choices were really bad. I guess we all tend to forget about bad stoppages unless they were in important fights, but I'm sure there are far more blatantly horrible stoppages than the ones listed here.

I'm sure there were, too. However, 7 fight camps participated in nominations and the choices listed are the only ones that received more than one vote.
FlashyG
12/15/11 1:57:51PM
I thought Rhonda Rousey's "Armbar" of D'Alelio would at least get a nomination.

I guess I was the only one to nominate it.
Rabi
12/15/11 2:15:52PM
Out of the ones listed I went for the Dodson/Dillishaw stoppage, I thought Dillishaw still had fight left in him.
FastKnockout
12/15/11 4:53:16PM
Dodson over Dillashaw I guess.
MMAcca
12/15/11 5:34:35PM
Of the four, only the Freire stoppage was anywhere near a bad one in my opinion.
BuffaloDave
12/16/11 11:56:09AM

Posted by MMAcca

Of the four, only the Freire stoppage was anywhere near a bad one in my opinion.

In a Dave Hester voice, Yepppppppppp!
pmoney
12/18/11 3:22:01PM
Whack list, those are all legit stoppages in my opinion. How about Jay Hieron in the Bellator tournament? I think he fought lapsley and Josh rosenthal stopped the fight due to a non-existent submission. I participated on the camp voting and that was my only suggestion for this category

I would like to motion for this poll to be either deleted or have new stoppages to choose from. I think claiming any of those fights to be the worst stoppage of the year would be a bad look for this site. How about fights where the stoppage came too late instead of too early?
emfleek
12/19/11 11:25:18AM

Posted by pmoney

Whack list, those are all legit stoppages in my opinion. How about Jay Hieron in the Bellator tournament? I think he fought lapsley and Josh rosenthal stopped the fight due to a non-existent submission. I participated on the camp voting and that was my only suggestion for this category

I would like to motion for this poll to be either deleted or have new stoppages to choose from. I think claiming any of those fights to be the worst stoppage of the year would be a bad look for this site. How about fights where the stoppage came too late instead of too early?

1 - You're taking these polls WAY too seriously.
2 - Your camp leader never got back to me with your camp's nominations.
pmoney
12/19/11 3:09:33PM

Posted by emfleek

1 - You're taking these polls WAY too seriously.
2 - Your camp leader never got back to me with your camp's nominations.

1) You may be right. And when i say maybe, I mean you are absolutely right. I think early morning grouchiness was subconsciously affecting my posts yesterday. That's my bad. I'm gonna eat my wheaties, say my prayers and take my vitamins, just like the Hulkster, Jesus and Tim Tebow taught me to, before I hit the PG up.

2) Sorry you never heard back from The Ringers! Admittedly, the thread in our camp only had a few guys posting on it...