Vote on a name for Secondary League Season 3

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Vote on a name for Secondary League Season 3
Next Page »
POLL: Which name do you like best?
High Stakes 18% (14)
Rubber Match 17% (13)
Eye of the Tiger 4% (3)
Shake and Bake 20% (15)
Warrior Spirit 8% (6)
The Rising 33% (25)
DoTheMMAth
2/20/08 12:33:40PM
We picked out half a dozen of the names from the "What should be the name for Season 3 of the Secondary League" topic. Please place your vote to help decide which name is the most fitting.
tuvok500
2/20/08 12:45:14PM
I voted Warrior Spirit !!

DoTheMMAth
2/20/08 12:47:13PM

Posted by tuvok500

How did I know you were gonna do that?!
tuvok500
2/20/08 1:03:39PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by tuvok500

LOL !!
wolfman
2/20/08 1:04:21PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by tuvok500

I voted for Madmarck's Rubber Match.
DCRage
2/20/08 1:39:07PM
I voted for Shake and Bake, although I gave some thought to High Stakes given that's usually what my bankroll has resulted in late in the season with regards to my wagers.
wolfman
2/20/08 3:05:29PM
No offense to the person who came up with Shake and Bake, or the people who picked it, but how is this a good name for the pick 'em/wagers game? To each their own I guess.

All of the choices are good, I just don't see why this one is currently in the lead (It is at least ahead right now). It just reminds me of basketball. Obviously, this is just for a title and I could care less which title is chosen, I just feel that there are better options.
MALICE
2/20/08 3:07:53PM
High Stakes!! The sites popularity is growing and the stakes are getting higher, in a way.
wolfman
2/20/08 3:12:24PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

High Stakes!! The sites popularity is growing and the stakes are getting higher, in a way.

Exactly, I can see why people are picking that one.
seanfu
2/20/08 3:25:14PM
Shake and bake is by far superior to any of the names that made sense on the list.
wolfman
2/20/08 3:37:07PM

Posted by seanfu

Shake and bake is by far superior to any of the names that made sense on the list.

Fair enough, like I said to each their own. I'm surprised that The Rising only has one vote. I'd take Rubber Match, High Stakes, The Rising, and Warrior's Spirit over Shake and Bake...but that's just me. I also apologize again, I don't mean to look like a hater, this is just my personal opinion. Go Shake and Bake! If it wins, I am sure it will grow on me. lol
DustinT
2/20/08 4:49:21PM
"the rising" might be good....seeing as more and more people are signing up to the site. I'd like to see more people participate in both league's. Too many people stick to primary. I guess most are just familiar with the ufc fighters and that's it. You'd think the secondary league would be perfect for them to learn a little more about fighters in other org's. I miss the days of getting excited from seeing other outlets.
MALICE
2/20/08 4:58:05PM

Posted by DustinT

"the rising" might be good....seeing as more and more people are signing up to the site. I'd like to see more people participate in both league's. Too many people stick to primary. I guess most are just familiar with the ufc fighters and that's it. You'd think the secondary league would be perfect for them to learn a little more about fighters in other org's. I miss the days of getting excited from seeing other outlets.

Why dont you get excited anymore? There's new ones popping up everyday.
DustinT
2/20/08 5:03:13PM
well i mean when things were "new" for me.
yea, there is alot going on now (almost too much....gives me a headache) and i still love the sport more than any other. The excitement level is still there, i'm just saying its usually higher when you learning things about it.
DCRage
2/20/08 5:11:00PM

Posted by DustinT

You'd think the secondary league would be perfect for them to learn a little more about fighters in other org's. I miss the days of getting excited from seeing other outlets.

That's one of the things I like about the Secondary League, while most of it is events I do know a bit about (WEC, EXC, IFL), it's also featured some promotions I wasn't aware of or familiar with before and it does introduce us to guys who either might be something or have connections to major name fighters (Murilo "Ninja" Rua's a good example, at first I didn't know he was Shogun's older brother) or guys we might remember from their UFC days (see Yves "The Busiest Former UFC Fighter These Days" Edwards). I think I'm even partial to Secondary League, but part fo that might be because (at least in wagers) I do very well in it compared to UFC.
DustinT
2/20/08 6:01:40PM
33,000....damn.
nice.

my wagers are garbage in both leagues. i officially waved the white flag many months ago. I've never been good with the odd's.
blah
hotrodttt
2/20/08 6:02:59PM
Shake and Bake !

madmarck
2/21/08 12:02:51AM
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match

Cmon guys i have been calling for this name since the start of season 2 in the primary league. You know you want it.
Madmarck for Pres!
CornishMMA
2/22/08 10:12:43AM

Posted by madmarck

Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match

Cmon guys i have been calling for this name since the start of season 2 in the primary league. You know you want it.
Madmarck for Pres!

Its obviously the best name but thats why i didnt vote for it ................. imo we should save "rubber match" for season 3 on the main game, i voted for high stakes
grappler0000
2/22/08 11:25:28AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by madmarck

Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match

Madmarck for Pres!

Its obviously the best name but thats why i didnt vote for it ................. imo we should save "rubber match" for season 3 on the main game, i voted for high stakes

Unfortunately, you are a couple of months too late to name season 3 on the main league.

emfleek
2/22/08 11:45:05AM

Posted by madmarck

Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match
Rubber match

Agreed. It makes the most sense to me, personally. The others sound like the names of a WWE Pay-Per-View event.
hodge
2/24/08 4:02:52PM
It should be DREAM rising the UFC needs some competion in the main league and DREAM seems to be the one to do it.
DoTheMMAth
2/25/08 12:45:02PM
We're going to let this roll for a couple more days, then shut 'er down. So far "The Rising" is in the lead!
DoTheMMAth
2/27/08 4:28:00PM
The Rising it is! Thanks to all who participated.
emfleek
2/27/08 4:44:43PM
I just now noticed this...but I'm jealous of you badge, DoTheMMAth.

DAMN YOU!
jiujitsufreak74
2/27/08 5:26:55PM

Posted by emfleek

DAMN YOU!

i second that
DoTheMMAth
2/27/08 5:40:48PM

Posted by emfleek

DAMN YOU!

Hippysmacker got a new badge today, and I felt so lonely and left out of the fun that all the good players and posters get to have... so I took matters into my own hands.
Kracker_Jap
2/27/08 10:24:55PM
Shake & Bake "baby"
smokealot
3/22/08 6:23:11PM
O come on guys/gals it has to be SHAKE and BAKE cause it gos together like peanut butter and ladys
LightsOut33093
3/24/08 5:10:15PM

Posted by smokealot

O come on guys/gals it has to be SHAKE and BAKE cause it gos together like peanut butter and ladys

about a month late...season already started....it is "the rising"
Pages: [1] 2