VOTE NOW: Openweight Land Animal Kingdom Single Elimination Tournament

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » VOTE NOW: Openweight Land Animal Kingdom Single Elimination Tournament
Bubbles
2/9/12 12:28:39PM
Listening to music on my computer, Metric's Stadium Love came on and I instantly thought about creating a side game involving animals. I wanna do a 32 animal tournament, as it is quite easy to do name off that many, and i think 64 might be a little too much. Ill start by naming off some of what is in the song and video, you guys fill in the rest of the brackets (but dont be a hog, let other people have their say too lol)...and lets get some interesting animals in here. We should have a complete roster by tonight so I will create the matchups and get this started tomorrow. Give or take 24 hours of vote time and everyone can vote.

this is my 1st side game so lets make it special

edit: thanks Aether, we shall just do land animals - much easier. Also only going to have 32 entrants...2 spots remain

1. Black Widow Spider
2. Bat
3. Tiger
4. Zebra
5. Rabbit
6. Bull
7. Cougar
8. Cobra
9. Ostrich
10. Owl
11. Ram
12. Walrus
13. Cheetah
14. Honey Badger
15. Alaskan Wolf
16. Lion
17. Wolverine
18. Polar Bear
19. Grizzly Bear
20. Boar
21. Buffalo
22. Anaconda
23. Hyena
24. Komodo Dragon
25. Penguin
26. Poison Dart Frog
27. Alligator
28. Crocodile
29. Leopard
30. Husky
31. Silverback Gorilla
32. Giraffe
Bubbles
2/9/12 12:40:08PM
just noticed that a couple are pretty broad types, so I am going to take some suggestions for types of snakes and spiders
kopower
2/9/12 1:02:44PM
Gotta throw the Honey Badger in there. Cobra or Anaconda for the snake, although the Honey Badger don't care, he'll f*ck em both up.
FastKnockout
2/9/12 1:25:21PM
Alaskan Wolf! One of the largest wolf species.
Poor_Franklin
2/9/12 1:37:53PM
wolverine
polar bear
grizzly bear
elephant

edit:
lion
boar
hippo
rhino
buffalo
airkerma
2/9/12 1:54:09PM

Posted by Bubbles

just noticed that a couple are pretty broad types, so I am going to take some suggestions for types of snakes and spiders

Not to intrude, but you should probably specify what type of cougar you are talking about
Bubbles
2/9/12 2:16:46PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

Not to intrude, but you should probably specify what type of cougar you are talking about

haha well I dont wanna hurt those lovelies found on cougarlife.com so it will be one found outside of civilization
jjeans
2/9/12 3:49:19PM
Box Jellyfish in a jam jar
DeadHead988
2/9/12 5:11:31PM
Rhinos and Elephants for the win. You should also toss a Blue Whale in there for the hell of it.
Poor_Franklin
2/9/12 5:12:50PM
alligator
crocodile
poison dart frog
hyena
komodo dragon
leopard
Aether
2/9/12 9:22:03PM
you should probably confine the list to one domain of animals ie: land animals or sea creatures. Having an eel on a list with a bear and a lion means you have to ask the question of where the fight takes place, and your answers will probably be different based on the answer to that question.
Pookie
2/9/12 9:46:38PM
Here are a couple of links to a bunch of little tournies done awhile ago involving animals. Each thread is a different weight class.

Under 100 lbs
150-300 lbs
Openweight

Hope this helps!
Bubbles
2/10/12 12:10:02PM
Pookie, I guess we can consider this an openweight tournament, 2nd edition
Poor_Franklin
2/10/12 1:09:40PM

Posted by Aether

you should probably confine the list to one domain of animals ie: land animals or sea creatures. Having an eel on a list with a bear and a lion means you have to ask the question of where the fight takes place, and your answers will probably be different based on the answer to that question.

we can have one tourney for water creatures, one for land, then we can get our 2 winners & have a p4p vote?
Pookie
2/10/12 8:36:22PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

we can have one tourney for water creatures, one for land, then we can get our 2 winners...

to battle in space.
Pookie
2/10/12 8:51:41PM
Dingo
Chimp
Orangutan
Red Kangaroo
Silverback Gorilla
Don King
Giraffe
Hornet
Aleksander Emelianenko with a Steak Knife and Fork
Bull
A Midget with a sharp stick

But really, Bull and Gorilla are must adds.
Poor_Franklin
2/11/12 12:09:57PM
humans are animals so they should be on the list, but must specify that they have NO weapons
Bubbles
2/11/12 6:15:50PM
alright 32 animal roster is complete. i will enter the names into a random generator and determine the matchup. To shake things up, I will put the round winners into the random generator for matchups. here are round 1 matchups:

Silverback Gorilla vs Leopard
Husky vs Ram
Wolverine vs Polar Bear
Lion vs Giraffe
Zebra vs Honey Badger
Rabbit vs Black Widow Spider
Penguin vs Anaconda
Komodo Dragon vs Bull
Crocodile vs Ostrich
Alligator vs Tiger
Cobra vs Cheetah
Hyena vs Poison Dart Frog
Bat vs Walrus
Cougar vs Buffalo
Boar vs Grizzly Bear
Alaskan Wolf vs Owl
Bubbles
2/11/12 6:17:58PM
Silverback Gorilla
Ram
Polar Bear
Giraffe
Honey Badger
Black Widow Spider
Anaconda
Komodo Dragon
Crocodile
Alligator
Cheetah
Poison Dart Frog
Walrus
Buffalo
Grizzly Bear
Alaskan Wolf
Pookie
2/11/12 8:43:50PM
Gorilla
Ram
Wolverine
Lion
Badger
Black Widow
Anaconda
Komodo Dragon
Crocodile
Tiger
Cobra
Hyena
Walrus
Buffalo
Grizzly
Timberwolf
Aether
2/12/12 2:28:23AM
wow you seriously picked a Giraffe to win a fight against a Lion. That just happened.
Poor_Franklin
2/12/12 1:25:35PM

Silverback Gorilla
Husky
Wolverine
Lion
Honey Badger
Black Widow Spider
Anaconda
Bull
Crocodile
Alligator
Cheetah
Poison Dart Frog
Walrus
Cougar
Boar
Alaskan Wolf
Pookie
2/12/12 4:37:48PM

Posted by Aether

wow you seriously picked a Giraffe to win a fight against a Lion. That just happened.

:)
Bubbles
2/12/12 4:43:44PM

Posted by Aether

Stefan Struve vs Dan Henderson

whats your picks Aether?

also need more people voting please