Vote for GSP as 2010 Canadian Athlete of the Year

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Vote for GSP as 2010 Canadian Athlete of the Year
grappler0000
12/19/10 2:13:40PM
Voting is up through the 21st.

Linkage
BlueSkiesBurn
12/19/10 2:21:48PM
Holy sh*t, they just gave Crosby a WALK to to finals with his draw, didn't they? That is the shittiest bracket I have ever seen in my life. No disrespect to the athletes on the right side of the bracket, but that left side is CLEARLY loaded and the right side CLEARLY favors Crosby.
Hendo67
12/19/10 2:24:23PM
Should be Toews anyway, MVP of the Olympics, Con Smythe, Stanley Cup... but because his name isn't Sidney, he won't get the votes.
postman
12/19/10 2:24:29PM
Sorry had to go with Sid

Steel City Pride
BlueSkiesBurn
12/19/10 2:32:50PM

Posted by postman

Sorry had to go with Sid

Steel City Pride

You're just pissed because GSP beat your "hometown boy" like a red-headed stepchild.
postman
12/19/10 2:36:31PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by postman

Sorry had to go with Sid

Steel City Pride

You're just pissed because GSP beat your "hometown boy" like a red-headed stepchild.

Not at all lol
BeeR
12/19/10 2:46:00PM
jordan eberle
BlueSkiesBurn
12/19/10 2:46:13PM
I agree with Hendo, anyhow. Toews should be in the finals over Crosby. He's there because he's Crosby. Toews had the better year, hands down.
postman
12/19/10 3:52:56PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I agree with Hendo, anyhow. Toews should be in the finals over Crosby. He's there because he's Crosby. Toews had the better year, hands down.

I don't know Sid scored the game winning goal A US player wins that game and Ryan Miller is the MVP. Sid was co-winner of the Rocket Richard Trophy this season he is first in goals second in assists clearly first in points. Since it is for athlete of the year Sid clearly is better the Towes.
FlashyG
12/19/10 4:07:25PM
This award doesn't really mean anything, we already have 3 official athlete of the year awards, The Lou Marsh Award, which goes to the top atlhlete from Canada, Male or Female, Amateur or Professional. The Lionel Conacher award for the top Male athlete and the Bobbie Rosenfeld award for top Female Athlete.

I don't beleive the Conacher or Rosenfeld has been handed out yet this year but Joey Votto won the Lou Marsh as our top Athlete overall.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/19/10 4:08:24PM
Toews=Con Smythe, Olympic MVP, Stanley Cup,

Sid=doing well this season.
postman
12/19/10 4:18:16PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

All of which had more to do with his team winning then personal stats. He was the best player on the best team but he wasn't the best player in the league.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/19/10 4:24:01PM

Posted by postman

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

All of which had more to do with his team winning then personal stats. He was the best player on the best team but he wasn't the best player in the league.

Being the best player in the league for a team that doesn't win anything is pointless. Toews actually got things done on a personal level and a team level.
postman
12/19/10 5:36:56PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by postman

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Being the best player in the league for a team that doesn't win anything is pointless. Toews actually got things done on a personal level and a team level.

I look at it like Athlete of the year has more to do with what he did personaly then what your team did. Should GSP get points for what every one at Jacksons gets done?
BlueSkiesBurn
12/19/10 5:45:51PM

Posted by postman

I look at it like Athlete of the year has more to do with what he did personaly then what your team did. Should GSP get points for what every one at Jacksons gets done?

Jackson's athletes get stuff done?
postman
12/19/10 5:58:12PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by postman

Jackson's athletes get stuff done?

hahaha Nice. You know what is strange to me is we don't have polls in the States for the american athlete of the year its just athlete of the year.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/19/10 7:18:48PM
Brady would win every year.