UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami
UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida
Bellator 58
UFC 139: Hendo vs. Shogun
UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard 3

CLICK HERE to vote!
Rabi
12/15/11 2:39:12PM
UFC 139 and 140 are so fresh in the mind and were both amazing events.

I went for 139 in the end though.
FastKnockout
12/15/11 4:44:53PM
MMAcca
12/15/11 5:28:33PM

Posted by FastKnockout

BeeR
12/15/11 7:34:23PM
129 by far
but Ill have to go with something else.
pmoney
12/18/11 4:10:27PM

Posted by BeeR

129 by far

Which seven camps voted? The largest North American gate isn't even in here? It only had 55,000+ in attendance, two titles on the line, and about nine finishes out of 12 fights. It was also the first event to have every fight broadcasted in some way. In this case it was the premier of the Facebook/Spike/PPV format.

And Bellator 58 is on here? What the FUCK? I think Bellator is probably the second best promotion going, and they have definitely put on good shows this year. But nothing worthy of being nominated for event of the year. This has been an amazing year for the UFC, in spite of an unusual number of cards being ravaged by injuries.

This is another category I will not vote on.
twodragunns
12/19/11 1:52:10AM
I went to 129 and 140, but thought 140 was far better than 129.
Lesnar1
12/19/11 11:08:00AM
ufc 139 for me
emfleek
12/19/11 11:19:41AM

Posted by pmoney

Which seven camps voted? The largest North American gate isn't even in here? It only had 55,000+ in attendance, two titles on the line, and about nine finishes out of 12 fights. It was also the first event to have every fight broadcasted in some way. In this case it was the premier of the Facebook/Spike/PPV format.

Sabotage Inc.
East Coast Pitbulls
Team Valcom
360 Mafia
Dark Horse
Playground Bullies
Nuthuggers Suck

Posted by pmoney

And Bellator 58 is on here? What the FUCK? I think Bellator is probably the second best promotion going, and they have definitely put on good shows this year. But nothing worthy of being nominated for event of the year. This has been an amazing year for the UFC, in spite of an unusual number of cards being ravaged by injuries.

...and, as indicated by your post, this is all opinion based.

Posted by pmoney

This is another category I will not vote on.

FlashyG
12/19/11 11:38:14AM

Posted by BeeR

129 by far

I nominated it, but it didn't get a second I guess.

Its the first year the awards have been done this way I believe, next years will likely have more camps involved.
Aether
12/19/11 6:42:45PM
Really surprised so many people are saying UFC 129 should've been up there. Does anyone really remember that card from top to bottom or is everyone just talking about Machida's crazy kick on Couture and Garza's submission?

There were a lot of lopsided decisions on that card and some pretty boring title fights. GSP vs Shields was a snoozefest and Hominick vs Aldo was just decent IMO. Yes there were 2 pretty spectacular moments, but the card as a whole was not awesome from top to bottom and therefore not deserving of best event of the year.

There were a lot of mis-matched fights where one guy just got totally demolished for 3 rounds or was finished inside of a minute by a heavy favourite.

It's one thing when the guy who is favoured heavily finishes his opponent in a minute, that's supposed to happen, it's another when the guy who is +600 almost sets a world record for fastest KO, or one guy is half knocked out and breaks his opponent's arm while recovering.

129 had some of the best finishes, but was not one of the best cards all around IMO.
FlashyG
12/19/11 8:34:28PM
true but it was the most profitable show in UFC history(Live Gate atleast), and also the biggest show attendance and location wise.

I don't think it was the best show of the year, but it wouldn't look out of place among the nominees either
Aether
12/19/11 10:51:05PM
I guess it depends on what criteria you're using. Personally I was only thinking about the quality of the fights on the card, but I can see why people would consider viewership and ticket sales.