Help vote on my Camps fantasy draft

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Help vote on my Camps fantasy draft
Pookie
3/18/10 4:00:58AM
Choose the one card you would order, if you could only buy one. Thanks and

Card 1

Main Event
Lyoto Machida-Luis Cane
For the LHW strap. Cane works his way back to contention to make it an all Brazillian slug fest. My prediction is unfortunately, Cane really has no answer for Machida losing a dominant decision.

Co-Headline
Josh Koscheck v. Dan Hardy
Koscheck asked for this fight and will get it after Hardy loses to GSP. If things go the way I think they will, Koscheck get his long awaited title shot after a very solid TKO victory via ground and pound in 3rd round.

Main Card
Demian Maia v. Aaron Simpson
In this very exciting battle of great wrestler and striker v. best MMA grappler in the UFC. Should be exciting, and eliminator for the MW title. Prediction is Maia by 2nd round submission.

Dustin Hazelett v. Brian Foster
McLovin gets back on track against a very game WW en route to his next submission of the night. Redemption after a rusty performance against Daley.

Swing Bout
Dan Miller v. Mark Munoz
A very game Dan Miller gets back on track with a very game opponent and awesome wrestler. My prediction is Miller gets back on track with a late submission win.

Card 2

Forrest - vs - Rich Franklin

CroCop - vs - Struve

Condit - vs- Saunders

Almeida - vs - Dolloway

Tibau - vs - Kurt Pelligrino

Danzig - vs - Duffee

Card 3

Main Event-
Brock Lesnar v Big Nog

Co Main Event-
Rashad Evans v Brandon Vera

Main Card-
Michael Bisping v Vitor Belfort
Pat Barry v Roy Nelson
James Toney v Keith Jardine

Spike Prelim
Renzo Gracie v Dong Kim

Card 4

MAIN EVENT WELTERWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch II

CO-MAIN EVENT - NUMBER ONE CONTENDER - HEAVYWEIGHT
Cain Velasquez vs. Shane Carwin

LIGHTWEIGHT FIGHT
Frankie Edgar vs. Clay Guida

MIDDLEWEIGHT FIGHT
Martin Kampmann vs. Rousimar Palhares

WELTERWEIGHT FIGHT
Marcus Davis vs. Amir Sadollah

SPIKE TV PRELIM WELTERWEIGHT FIGHT
Nate Diaz vs. Rick Story

Card 5

Main Event (LHW Super Fight)
Randy "The Natural" Couture vs Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva

Co-Main (WW #1 Contender Match)
Paul "Semtex" Daley vs Paulo Thiago

Main Card
Diego "The Nightmare" Sanchez vs Matt "The Terror" Serra (WW)

Cheick Kongo vs Ben Rothwell (HW)

Joe Stevenson vs Jim Miller (LW)

Spike TV Prelims Main Event
Mike "Quick" Swick vs Matt "The Immortal" Brown (WW)

Card 6

Main Event: (WW Bout) BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes III (5 Rounds)
Co-Main Event: Thiago Silva vs Ryan Bader
Junior Dos Santos vs Heath Herring
Kimbo Slice vs Gilbert Yvel
Anthony Johnson vs Chris Lytle

Preliminary Card
Spike TV Prelim fight:
Alexander Gustaffson vs Brian Stann

Card 7

Main Event
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson v. Antonio "Minotoro" Nogueria

Co-Headline
Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi v. Tyson Griffin
Yoshihiro "Sex Mountain" Akiyama v. Nate "The Great" Marquardt

Main Card
Yushin "Thunder" Okami v. Alan "The Talent" Belcher
Tomasz"The Gorilla" Drwal v. Tom "The Filthy Mauler" Lawlor

Swing Bout
Melvin "The Young Assasin" Guillard v. Jeremy "The Heathen" Stephens

Card 8

1st Fight: Patrick Cote vs. Goran Reljic
Starting things off with a 185lb SLUGFEST. Cote will not lay on Goran like CB did, and he will not fold like Gouveia did. Both guys are well rounded but lets be honest, this fight is not going to the ground. A back and forth brawl and likely fight of the night.

2nd fight: Evan Dunham vs. Terry Etim
Did I say Cote/Reljic would be fight of the night? Not so fast... there are 2 of the best lightweight prospects in MMA, without a doubt. Niether guy has ever had a boring fight in the UFC. Both are well rounded with multiple highlight reel KOs and subs on their resume... with Etim holding an advantage standing, and Dunham on the ground. Incredible fight.

3rd Fight: Kenny Florian vs. George Sotiropoulous
Battle of 2 top 5 LWs in the UFC. Both are well rounded and tough as nails, with BJJ black belts, solid standup, and ass kickings of Joe Stevenson to their credit. While niether guy has huge power, both have technical standup, great mental/cardio games, and can finish on the mat. This would be a war.

4th fight: Chuck Liddell vs. Stephan Bonnar
Chuck's retirement fight. Let him go out in a blaze of glory as he knocks out Bonnar. Mostly because Bonnar is sorta annoying.

5th fight: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Frank Mir
One of the most interesting HW matchups in MMA history, IMO. Both are talented, big, strong, well rounded HWs with outstanding grappling and standup.. however both have historically struggled with cardio and taking punishment. Both guys can deal out plenty of punishment, but who can take more? We will find out quickly... my bet is a spectacular ending in the first round.

Main event for the UFC Middleweight Championship
Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
That's right ladies and gentlemen... it's finally time to either shut Chael Sonnen's mouth, or give him the belt. He has been trying his hardest to get this fight over the past year or so, and he earned it with his domination of a tough Nate Marquardt. However, this is Anderson Silva... one of the greatest fighters in history. He deals out pain and humiliation like nobody else in the sport, and makes it look easy.

Chael just might learn the age old lesson "Be careful what you wish for." the hard way
StorminYourman
3/18/10 4:31:22AM
5 is my favorite
4 is a close second.
kopower
3/18/10 11:00:17AM
I'm gonna have to go with 4. They all had some great fights but 4 seemed to me the most solid top to bottom.
emfleek
3/18/10 11:21:35AM
WINNER: #4
RUNNER-UP: #7
Rabi
3/18/10 4:40:26PM
I vote for card no 3.
mattmodist
3/18/10 4:59:06PM
Jride
3/18/10 7:05:47PM
noahgenda
3/18/10 7:36:29PM
3 and 7
Playground_Samurai
3/18/10 7:38:28PM
5 and 7 are both awesome. I'll go with 5.
State_Champ
3/18/10 7:59:46PM
Card 3
Mayhem13
3/19/10 12:12:15AM
NatedawgThaM
3/19/10 12:24:31AM
Gotta go with 7
Kpro
3/19/10 12:39:02AM
I'm gonna stray from the pack and go with 8.
jae_1833
3/19/10 12:50:04AM
#7 then #4....twas close!
mattmodist
3/19/10 4:23:53PM
Seriously! Todd Duffee versus Mac Danzig??? How can you not love that with the passion of a thousand romances and vote for it with the conviction of a thousand hookers answering yes when asked if they will work for food?