Go vote!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Go vote!
Svartorm
1/8/08 4:51:59PM
I don't care what state you're in, you'd best get your ass out and vote when your time comes. NH looks like its going to set some kind of record today, as people want a new direction in this country and are coming out of the woodwork. Change is nice, but make sure you're represented by voting in the primary, lest you end up with two names next year that you can't stomach.

Vote with your head, or your heart or whatever, but make your vote count for something.
loonytnt
1/8/08 5:06:14PM
id love to vote for gas to go down
iwannabesedated
1/8/08 5:34:32PM
I really do not know who to vote for.i watch the candidates on Tv and read about them online,And i can clearly say...Im not Voting.I do however vote on my local and state elections.I mean right now all the people running in the primary.Will be saying stuff that they;'re going to do and hope to get votes and then if they do win they wont do half the shit they said we're going to do..I really hate politics.I just deal with it.If i have to pay 5 bucks for gas..ill pay 5 bucks for gas yeah it would suck major ass...but i like to do stuff that involves driving.

Also,i really hate when all the celeberties and muscians and saying yeah get out and vote...Yeah its cool they try and get people to vote.But when you hear Puff Daddy or some other person speaking their minds on who you and i should vote for.i find it comical like he knows more about politics than the next guy.Some people with little or no brains will be like ohhhhh Puffy says vote for Obama i like puff daddy lets vote for who he says...At least educate yourself before voting anot not based upon what your favorite actor or someone says.
mrsmiley
1/8/08 5:37:29PM
Remeber P-Diddys vote or die campaign?

DCRage
1/8/08 5:54:19PM
I prefer the Smackdown Your Vote campaign that WWE does every election year. I haven't missed an election since I turned 18 and this year will be no exception.
Boo_Radley21
1/8/08 6:16:09PM
Haha. If I lived in the states and was 18 I would vote just because you told me to Svartom.

Rush
1/8/08 6:39:08PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I'm still waiting for Paris Hilton to live up to her end of the bargain regarding that.
mrsmiley
1/8/08 6:55:02PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by mrsmiley

I'm still waiting for Paris Hilton to live up to her end of the bargain regarding that.

I must have missed that part.What did she promise to do?
Rush
1/8/08 6:56:31PM
She wore the "Vote or Die" T-shirt.

Then, she didn't vote.
Svartorm
1/8/08 9:25:39PM
McCain has stomped Romney.

Thanks for playing Romney! Now kindly get the **** out of my state.

Obama and Clinton are close so far, but they haven't counted the college towns yet, which should hopefully put Obama ahead. It seems the elderly like Clinton, so I'm hoping for a really brutal winter and summer so most of those people die before they can vote in the general election.

I voted for Ron Paul, and did so while holding a firearm because I'm in America and I'm allowed to do that.
candynuts
1/8/08 9:29:30PM
Thank goodness McCain won in NH.
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 9:43:55PM
Just turned 18, and can't wait to vote in Ohio's primary in March. I'll refrain from saying who I am voting for, because that is a topic for a different topic for a different board, but just know that I am voting.
stock
1/8/08 10:23:48PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I really do not know who to vote for.i watch the candidates on Tv and read about them online,And i can clearly say...Im not Voting.I do however vote on my local and state elections.I mean right now all the people running in the primary.Will be saying stuff that they;'re going to do and hope to get votes and then if they do win they wont do half the shit they said we're going to do..I really hate politics.I just deal with it.If i have to pay 5 bucks for gas..ill pay 5 bucks for gas yeah it would suck major ass...but i like to do stuff that involves driving.

Also,i really hate when all the celeberties and muscians and saying yeah get out and vote...Yeah its cool they try and get people to vote.But when you hear Puff Daddy or some other person speaking their minds on who you and i should vote for.i find it comical like he knows more about politics than the next guy.Some people with little or no brains will be like ohhhhh Puffy says vote for Obama i like puff daddy lets vote for who he says...At least educate yourself before voting anot not based upon what your favorite actor or someone says.

This site will tell you who to vote for. Just answer 25 simple questions.

http://www.dehp.net/candidate/index.php

Obviously this has some holes in it, and the weightings of the results are subject. However, for someone who has absolutely no idea, this will point them in the right direction.
Believe-in-judo81
1/8/08 10:34:43PM
I'm voicing my support of this thread, and all of you who are American citizens, don't just vote for president, if there is any issue you have on opinion on, and it goes to vote in some way, you'd damn well better vote on it. Otherwise, in my eyes at least, you've forfeited your right to bitch about it.

For instance, last November my state had a vote to legalize stem cell research, and me and most of my family went out and voted in support of it. And thankfully, given they my mother and and a close friend of mine suffer from Multiple Sclerosis, and I know many other people that have other chronic diseases. It passed, and these people, and their children and grandchildren might see the benefits of the testing. And that's how it works, just by voting you can be a part of something huge and have a positive impact on the lives of those around you. To me that's a great thing.

Let your voices be heard guys, we are given a public one in this country, and few of us use it enough.
Svartorm
1/8/08 11:07:15PM

Posted by stock

Obviously this has some holes in it, and the weightings of the results are subject. However, for someone who has absolutely no idea, this will point them in the right direction.

I tried that out, and it actually worked pretty well. My #1 pick was Duncan Hunter, which it got and the others were pretty well on. It had Kucinich all the way at the bottom, which sounds odd because hes my favorite Dem besides Richardson, but its at least a tool that could give you a few names to read about before hitting the polls.
roadking95th
1/9/08 12:50:14AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by stock

I tried that out, and it actually worked pretty well. My #1 pick was Duncan Hunter, which it got and the others were pretty well on. It had Kucinich all the way at the bottom, which sounds odd because hes my favorite Dem besides Richardson, but its at least a tool that could give you a few names to read about before hitting the polls.

Ha! Guess what? Duncan came out on top for me as well. I had Kucinich rated last and other than him, the old bag and I had the most disagreements with 16! Made me feel better about myself!
Svartorm
1/9/08 1:47:38AM
Our politics are very similar, so that doesn't surprise me.

I wish Duncan Hunter had a bit more money, as hes a great canidate, but when you're entering a race with $30,000 at your disposal, there isn't much you can do. It would be nice if whoever gets the nod in the Primary would pick him up as a VP, as I think he'd compliment pretty much everyone very well.
Believe-in-judo81
1/9/08 2:45:42AM
Unless someone manages to change my mind I'm voting for Obama. Mike Gravel and I are probably more in tune altogether on some things, but the guy is a bit nutty, and there is no way in hell he gets the nomination.

The only Republican I personally like that's running is John Mcain, but I still wouldn't want him to be president. Other than their general views on Gun Control, which I share, I'm pretty far away from the political right in America.
telnights
1/9/08 4:27:42AM

Posted by Svartorm
I voted for Ron Paul, and did so while holding a firearm because I'm in America and I'm allowed to do that.

As long as you weren't jerking off to guns and ammo mag and the same time you should be k. j/k
Svartorm
1/9/08 4:56:02AM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Mike Gravel and I are probably more in tune altogether on some things, but the guy is a bit nutty, and there is no way in hell he gets the nomination.

Gravel is WAY nutty dude.

His hearts in the right place, but I personally don't trust most Americans to reliably count past ten, nevermind vote on major issues and laws. Historically America would be a MUCH different place if peoples popular votes had had an effect on landmark decisions by the supreme courts, house and senate. Just because a lot of people think its so doesn't make it right.
Believe-in-judo81
1/9/08 6:47:49AM
Very true, I agree with him on a lot of the issues, but the direct democracy thing just won't work. Ron Paul's whole Libertarian ideals trip is kind of the same thing, though not as extreme, it would be nice to see some of the changes they want, but given the current state of the country and the world, it just won't work. And yeah, I really did dig some of Ron Pauls ideas, I guess if I had to vote for someone on the Republican ticket it would be him. Though I find Mcain to be the most likeable, and Huckabee has come across very well in many of his interviews, Ron Paul ultimately is the only GOP candidate I gel with at all Ideologically.

As far as other Dems, I also Like Bill Richardson pretty well, but I don't like his chances of getting elected, and some of his views are certain key issues really push me away. The whole thing is sort of a mess and no candidate is really too desirable in my book. At times it almost feels like a lesser of two evils deal, but out of all the candidates, all things considered the only one I feel very confident throwing my vote behind at just this moment is Obama.
stock
1/10/08 4:52:13PM
I do not (and could not) ever consider myself a republican or a democrat because of my Libertarian and staunch capitalistic viewpoints.

However, due to the absolute extremist social ideas that ClintBama have in store, I will be forced to vote for whatever candidate is most likely to defeat them in the Presidential election (unfortunately it will likely be whatever Republican the GOP elects).
Edwards' love for union power and putting the hammer to coorporate america scares the b-jesus out of me, although I am confident he will not get the bid. What does scare me is that I see him using his popularity to get the Vice Pres nominee or even try to get the appointment for Attorney General.

Although, I am not in love with any of the GOP candidates, Ron Paul would be my hands down favorite. McCain would come in second for me.
It's just my opinion, but I still think Giuliani will get the GOP bid. He is focussing all his time/money on NY and Florida right now, and I think if he wins those states, he will get in. I think he will get California too (edging out McCain). I have faith that Ron Paul will win TX, but that will be the only state he wins.
Kracker_Jap
1/10/08 7:27:19PM
Vote Republican

Thats my advice or, you could listen to puff diddy
Svartorm
1/11/08 6:00:38PM

Posted by stock

I do not (and could not) ever consider myself a republican or a democrat because of my Libertarian and staunch capitalistic viewpoints.

However, due to the absolute extremist social ideas that ClintBama have in store, I will be forced to vote for whatever candidate is most likely to defeat them in the Presidential election (unfortunately it will likely be whatever Republican the GOP elects).
Edwards' love for union power and putting the hammer to coorporate america scares the b-jesus out of me, although I am confident he will not get the bid. What does scare me is that I see him using his popularity to get the Vice Pres nominee or even try to get the appointment for Attorney General.

Although, I am not in love with any of the GOP candidates, Ron Paul would be my hands down favorite. McCain would come in second for me.
It's just my opinion, but I still think Giuliani will get the GOP bid. He is focussing all his time/money on NY and Florida right now, and I think if he wins those states, he will get in. I think he will get California too (edging out McCain). I have faith that Ron Paul will win TX, but that will be the only state he wins.

Aside from Budget issues, I don't like Gulliani on anything, but the one thing he has going for him is that he could win NY, where as no other GOP canidate can. If Hillary gets the nod, which I don't think she will, that could be the deciding factor.
DCRage
1/11/08 6:22:27PM
Even though I consider myself Independent, I most likely will vote Democrat unless HIllary wins, then I may vote Republican depending on who the candidate is (more likely if it's Giuliani or McCain).
Manfred
1/13/08 1:07:33AM
I'll vote in the primaries, but I'm not voting in the national until they get rid of the electoral college.

It made sense back when people couldn't get information, but that was 200+ years ago. A candidate only needs the top 8 or so states and he/she is set.

Plus, I'm registered in NY. 3:1 democrats and in my county, 4:1. So, whether I want to vote for a republican or democrat, my vote is absolutely pointless.

EDIT: On that "pick your candidate" thing, I got Rudy followed by McCain
Kracker_Jap
1/14/08 9:38:40AM

Posted by Manfred

I'll vote in the primaries, but I'm not voting in the national until they get rid of the electoral college.

It made sense back when people couldn't get information, but that was 200+ years ago. A candidate only needs the top 8 or so states and he/she is set.

Plus, I'm registered in NY. 3:1 democrats and in my county, 4:1. So, whether I want to vote for a republican or democrat, my vote is absolutely pointless.

EDIT: On that "pick your candidate" thing, I got Rudy followed by McCain

Sorrry you feel that way

Don't let Puff diddle know about that he is from the NYC he is part of rap the vote
Believe-in-judo81
1/15/08 7:55:25AM
Yeah, I'm definitely voting Republican if Clinton gets the Nomination. I don't like her, and I personally don't see how she could move the contry in the right direction.
Granted, I'm not sure how well McCain or Ron Paul would do either, but better one of them than Hillary IMO.