Von Flue Chokes Out Ramerez

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Von Flue Chokes Out Ramerez
gamez0932
3/8/09 6:21:24PM
TULARE, Calif. -- Jason Von Flue choked Steve Ramerez unconscious Saturday in the main event of Pure Combat’s “Backyard Brawl.”

Ramerez came out looking to strike, catching Von Flue with a punch before being wrapped up in the clinch and tumbling to the mat. Ramerez rolled for a reversal, but Von Flue kept rolling, landed on top and took Ramerez’s back.

From there Von Flue kept his hooks in and worked for a rear-naked choke. Meanwhile Ramerez punched behind him, trying in vain to break the hold. He could not and went to sleep at 2:54.

After the fight Von Flue thanked the crowd and praised his opponent’s toughness. He then took a moment to propose to his girlfriend.Click Here
Boo_Radley21
3/8/09 7:37:19PM
I was wondering where Jason Von Flue went. One of the weirdest guys on TUF ever.
Khaos
3/8/09 11:17:45PM
Nice to see Von Flue win again, he's one of my favorite former TUF contestents.
Boo_Radley21
3/8/09 11:21:54PM
Was it Hughes who was a complete dick to him on the show? Or was that a different season. I swear I remember he got barely any respect even after he beat Gurgel.
gamez0932
3/9/09 12:18:04AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Was it Hughes who was a complete dick to him on the show? Or was that a different season. I swear I remember he got barely any respect even after he beat Gurgel.

Yeah it was hughes.