Vitor Belfort Talks About Why He Deserves Title Fight Against Jones

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Vitor Belfort Talks About Why He Deserves Title Fight Against Jones
thevoodooninja
9/17/12 6:52:00PM
LINK

Vitor Belfort was a guest this week on UFC Tonight on FUEL TV and discussed a number of topics including why he feels he deserved a shot at the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship over Chael Sonnen against Jon Jones and how he found out about UFC 151 being cancelled:

Bubbles
9/17/12 8:56:50PM
IMO neither Belfort or Sonnen has any backing to fight for the LHW title, but at least with Sonnen we get sound bytes to enjoy. With Belfort, we get the slight chance that he will KTFO Jones
prophecy033
9/17/12 10:20:27PM

Posted by Bubbles

IMO neither Belfort or Sonnen has any backing to fight for the LHW title, but at least with Sonnen we get sound bytes to enjoy. With Belfort, we get the slight chance that he will KTFO Jones

Push?
JLS1980
9/17/12 11:14:14PM
This has got to be up there on the "Unwarranted" title shots. And the actual moneyline is at roughly -800 (average). I've seen it as much as -925 at BookMaker and -750 at Bovada in Jon Jones favor.

With all that being said and Vitor having a very slim chance, I'll be routing for a new champ, Vitor.
ghandikush
9/17/12 11:18:14PM

Posted by JLS1980

This has got to be up there on the "Unwarranted" title shots. And the actual moneyline is at roughly -800 (average). I've seen it as much as -925 at BookMaker and -750 at Bovada in Jon Jones favor.

With all that being said and Vitor having a very slim chance, I'll be routing for a new champ, Vitor.

Vitor is a VERY bad stylistic matchup for Jones. Sure he is the lesser fighter but Jones wont have shit on his speed and wont intimidate Vitor with his antics.