Vitor Belfort: Nate Marquardt deserves Anderson Silva more than I do (Video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Vitor Belfort: Nate Marquardt deserves Anderson Silva more than I do (Video)
SmileR
10/27/09 11:24:40AM
SmileR
10/27/09 11:27:21AM
Vitor is one hell of a class act.
azusa
10/27/09 11:28:21AM
I like nate but i don't think he has much more than a puncher's chance against anderson
MisterFreeze
10/27/09 12:16:42PM

Posted by azusa

I like nate but i don't think he has much more than a puncher's chance against anderson

Why not? He punched Demien Maias lights out!!!
Lord_Lenny
10/27/09 12:56:33PM
vitor has got to be one of the coolest dudes i've ever seen, and he's right
postman
10/27/09 1:07:18PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by azusa

Why not? He punched Demien Maias lights out!!!

And thats how your going to guage his shot agianst Anderson?
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/27/09 1:29:40PM
I hope the UFC does give Vitor another couple of fights before he gets a shot. He is one of my favourite fighters and I would like to see him take out a couple of other contenders at 185 first.
Belfort =
bjj1605
10/27/09 1:30:32PM
I think Vitor offers more of a threat to anderson and casual fans would be more likely to get excited for that fight than a rematch with Nate (who got tko'd early despite the limited promise he showed in that fight). So from a rational point of view Vitor vs. Anderson makes more sense.

But in terms of who has EARNED it more.... there is not question that Marquardt gets the shot.

As we've all seen in the past (Ahem... Brock Lesnar.... Ahem) the fighter who has earned a shot usually takes a back seat to the fight who will sell the most pay per views.
MaxOne
10/27/09 4:07:18PM
love Vitor. Super pleased to see him back in the UFC. I think it'd be great if he had more fights first but In theory taking out Rich the way he did could be used to argue in favor of him getting the shot....nobody other than Anderson (and lyoto) has beat Rich like that.

give him a chance to get some new fans and win some fights in the UFC.....
prozacnation1978
10/27/09 6:12:55PM
i think hendo deserves it better than both of them

he beat pal harris, franklin and bisping

i think belfort should face marquadt in co main event and hendo face silva
scpd400
10/28/09 12:27:21PM
Vitor has another fan now. You are right. He is a class act.