Vitor Belfort to take on Chris Leben at UFC 124?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Vitor Belfort to take on Chris Leben at UFC 124?
FireballKid
8/19/10 6:59:12PM
Are you kidding me? If you were going to give Belfort a match, at least give him Chael Sonnen. I know Chris Leben has been on a roll since his victory over Akiyama, but still.. Do you guys think the UFC is stalling Belfort or is this the right step for him? Can Chris Leben pull off another amazing win? Because if he does, that's going to skyrocket him up the middleweight rankings.

Wiki?

BQ: Who should Chael Sonnen face? Belfort? Leben? Someone else?
FireballKid
8/19/10 7:00:08PM
Disregard this. It's only a HUGE rumor. Sorry.
prozacnation1978
8/19/10 9:40:06PM
Could be 122 main event in germany
Chael is out for awhile and 122 needs main event
Could happen. Winner gets silva.
I like the match a lot. Wish it was for 124. In vegas I will be there to watch
sbulldavid
8/20/10 12:20:04PM
That is a horrible match for Leben, I think it's definitely a Belfort ko in the first round if Leben decides to stand and trade.
Jackelope
8/20/10 1:14:14PM
This will simultaneously put Leben's chin and Belfort's hands to the test lol
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/20/10 3:17:03PM
IF this fight happens... i dont know how leben's gonna be able to walk out of the ocatgon seriously. Granted he has surprised me in his past 2 fights but i mean this one is just too much i would think. Leben's a scrappy guy, he'll just stand there until he get's KO'd which hasnt happened as of late. But Vitor, ooooooh Vitor... leben won't even see him coming. He'll be on his ass before he knows what happened.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/20/10 6:32:40PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'm here with this one. Everyone is automatically assuming that Leben CAN'T hit Belfort, too. Belfort is good, but come on, I think you're all giving him TOO much credit. Leben has some heavy hands. I don't believe this will be as one sided as people think it will. You're making it sound like Tyson is fighting an infant.
Pookie
8/21/10 3:33:14AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Jackelope

I'm here with this one. Everyone is automatically assuming that Leben CAN'T hit Belfort, too. Belfort is good, but come on, I think you're all giving him TOO much credit. Leben has some heavy hands. I don't believe this will be as one sided as people think it will. You're making it sound like Tyson is fighting an infant.

Yeah, but Tyson fighting a grown man still looks like Tyson fighting an infant.
cowcatcher
8/21/10 4:13:40AM
i want to find a loss for vitor that would be on par with losing to leben but it doesnt exist. all hes lost to are studs so i dont see how you could pick against him at this point. i want to see leben do well, especially because hes stepped up for fights and seems to be committed since his loss to rosholt where tons of reports had him out drunk right before the fight(not the night of the fight but the nights leading up to it). the thing with leben is you never know when hes going to slip into his old habits outside of the cage and sometimes you just have to see how he looks at weigh ins to see if he cares about the fight enough to take fighting seriously. id like to think hes turned a corner, but you never can tell unless youre with him day in and day out.
MMA-San
8/23/10 6:43:25PM
What if Leben goes for a takedown?
KingCmb
8/23/10 10:12:55PM

Posted by MMA-San

dont be silly
BustedKnuckle
8/24/10 6:35:13PM

Posted by the-king

Posted by MMA-San

dont be silly

It does sound a bit silly but remember the Kongo/Buentello fight. Everyone thought for sure it was going to be a strikefest with those two. Kongo took Paul down repeatadly in every round and finished with GnP. just saying it could happen!
BlueSkiesBurn
8/24/10 6:39:43PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Posted by the-king

Posted by MMA-San

dont be silly

It does sound a bit silly but remember the Kongo/Buentello fight. Everyone thought for sure it was going to be a strikefest with those two. Kongo took Paul down repeatadly in every round and finished with GnP. just saying it could happen!

Did you seriously just compare the possibility of Leben and Belfort hitting the ground to Kongo and Buentello?
BustedKnuckle
8/24/10 6:45:55PM
Did you not see the bananna!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
BlueSkiesBurn
8/24/10 7:15:38PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Did you not see the bananna!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

STILL!!!! A CARDINAL SIN!!