Vitor Belfort, broken hand, out of fight with Wanderlei

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Vitor Belfort, broken hand, out of fight with Wanderlei
Kpro
5/27/12 1:52:23AM
Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani
Dana said Vitor Belfort broke his hand and is out. They are working on a new opponent for Wandy.
Kpro
5/27/12 1:53:13AM
Cruz then Belfort, TUF is cursed. This is a huge letdown.
george112
5/27/12 1:54:30AM
Super lame

Hopefully they pick a good opponent
Playground_Samurai
5/27/12 1:56:56AM
Belcher could make sense. Or does he already have a fight scheduled?
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/12 1:58:39AM

Posted by Kpro

Cruz then Belfort, TUF is cursed. This is a huge letdown.

Could even add Lesnar and Tito to that list.

If I was a fighter, don't know if I'd agree to coach it now. Especially TUF Live now as part of your own training has to kinda be done in Vegas.
FastKnockout
5/27/12 2:05:34AM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Belcher could make sense. Or does he already have a fight scheduled?

This is exactly who I thought about. Belcher wasn't injured in his fight with Palhares and a win over Silva could help him out with earning a title shot. I like the idea. If not Belcher, then the only other two I can think about are fighting each other, Stann and Lombard.
prozacnation1978
5/27/12 2:11:41AM
Worst ppv of all time may just get even worser now.

I would think belcher as well. No one else.

Kpro
5/27/12 2:21:18AM
Belcher is the first to come to mind but remember its in Brazil to have a Brazilian win. They don't want Belcher to TKO Wandy in Brazil.
jae_1833
5/27/12 2:28:59AM
True but with Wandy's current chin who can he match up with? At 185, and with that name his opponents will all be destroyers....
lohmann
5/27/12 2:35:49AM
Any fight on UFC 148's main card would make a better main event than letting Wanderlei Silva fight somebody so he can get knocked out again.

Best guess is they move something from 148 to 147. Second best guess is they call off Franklin vs. Le and rematch Silva against Franklin. Whatever happens, this card has horrid value and the best fights are going to be the ones from TUF Brazil.

Drudinh
5/27/12 3:21:27AM
FML
Chris Weidman or even Brian Stann would be cool if they weren't already fighting. I've always full-heartedly had faith and love for my Wandy. After the refreshed tko win over Le I was really rooting louder for wandy to take on Belfort. With only a couple weeks to adjust to a new opponent I hope Wandy can get another win. I'd like for them to scrap the Bisping fight and let Wandy get another chance to try and KO him.
prophecy033
5/27/12 3:23:36AM
FUCK!!!
DrivenDavies15
5/27/12 3:25:24AM
UFC 147 is just a disaster lol. I'm not too bummed, just won't spend my money on it. I could see this getting some of the worst ratings ever! Good luck with a new headliner Dana
Kpro
5/27/12 6:12:25AM
jjeans
5/27/12 6:41:55AM
I think take Bisping out of his Boetsch fight and making Wandy Bisping 2. I'd pay to see that
emfleek
5/27/12 9:17:47AM
Well, for the time being (no opponent set) Wandy has an actual chance of winning. That is, unless the news of his new opponent KO's him.
emfleek
5/27/12 9:25:12AM
I'd like to see Jorge Santiago get a call...
BeeR
5/27/12 10:03:53AM
if all else fails franklin steps in for a 2nd fight.
JoeWarren33
5/27/12 10:51:30AM
This sucks! What horrible news!
So does this mean Wandei will never get to redeem himself against Vitor? Wanderlei has maybe another year left in him IMO, and I hope he gets his rematch.
What crappy news following, one of the best UFC events of all time!!!!
Chael_Sonnen
5/27/12 11:44:58AM

Posted by Kpro

Dana said Vitor Belfort broke his hand and is out. They are working on a new opponent for Wandy.

Happens when you repeatedly hit someone in the back of the head, over and over, etc. - - right, Vitor?!!??
sparky
5/27/12 12:30:28PM
Wanderlei must of had an angle on his shoulder because Vitor was going to murder the axe murderer.
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/12 1:19:02PM
Akiyama

Make that fight that was suppose to happen, he can move back up and he really wanted that fight.
Bubbles
5/27/12 5:31:07PM
what about Paul Harris? or Jacare?
emfleek
5/27/12 5:41:16PM

Posted by Bubbles

what about Paul Harris? or Jacare?

I'd love to see Jacare make the jump.
prophecy033
5/28/12 4:55:09PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

So does this mean Wandei will never get to redeem himself against Vitor? Wanderlei has maybe another year left in him IMO, and I hope he gets his rematch.

Wanderlei redeeming himself against Vitor? His chin is toast
rush13
5/28/12 5:10:13PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Kpro

Happens when you repeatedly hit someone in the back of the head, over and over, etc. - - right, Vitor?!!??

Thank you!!! Took the words out of my mouth!!!
rush13
5/28/12 5:16:46PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by JoeWarren33

Wanderlei redeeming himself against Vitor? His chin is toast

Exactly...I'm glad one of them got hurt cuz the fight should've never been made...it would've been the last nail in the coffin for Wandy's chin.
prozacnation1978
5/28/12 9:52:14PM
Times a wasting. Annouce the fight already

My money is on belcher. He would take it.

Other guess would be Paul Harris or have stann or lombard take the fight. They could still fight in Aug
emfleek
5/29/12 7:29:29PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

My money is on belcher. He would take it.

I believe Belcher's hand is broken.