Vitor up to 205 2 hours after weigh ins

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Vitor up to 205 2 hours after weigh ins
Kpro
1/13/12 7:58:05PM
I've never linked Twitter in the News Share Forum. There's just no article about it and it's relevant in the wake of the Rumble situation.

LINK
Poor_Franklin
1/13/12 7:59:01PM

Posted by Kpro

I've never linked Twitter in the News Share Forum. There's just no article about it and it's relevant in the wake of the Rumble situation.

LINK

nice
Budgellism
1/13/12 8:00:26PM
Wow, no way. I'm so tempted to change my pick after all this crap that's happened and been announced.

EDIT: I also hate that I picked Johnson in an AV bet this week
Kpro
1/13/12 8:13:41PM

Posted by Budgellism

Wow, no way. I'm so tempted to change my pick after all this crap that's happened and been announced.

I've already switched twice and after some of todays news I'm almost back on the fence again.
kopower
1/13/12 8:18:44PM
Same here. I don't know which way to go now. I hope to god Vitor is able to take Rumble's head off. I'm interested to see how Rumble's gas tank suits him, if he makes it out of the first round.
Pookie
1/13/12 8:26:28PM
So Vitor is going to be bigger than Rumble on the day of the fight, have a better weight cut, and holds the edge on the feet.

Rumble's chances of wrestling Vitor's cardio away looks slim.

Kpro
1/13/12 8:42:26PM

Posted by Pookie

So Vitor is going to be bigger than Rumble on the day of the fight

Rumble just has to weigh under 205 10+ hours before the fight starts, I'm sure he'll weigh what he would've weighed if he'd made weight normally.

But still messes up the balance in your cut and preparations.

EDIT: His "day of" weigh-in is 2pm Rio time. I'm showing Rio time 6 hours later than where I'm at and the fight will start here at 8:30, so 2:30am Rio time. Giving him over 12 hours from having to weigh below 205 til fight time. And Vitor will be 205-210 fight time per Dolce, so I'd put money on Rumble being bigger than Vitor at fight time.
Chael_Sonnen
1/13/12 8:56:34PM
Veeetor will gas after two minutes.....is it me or did he look horrible at the weigh-ins?
prophecy033
1/13/12 9:43:05PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Veeetor will gas after two minutes.....is it me or did he look horrible at the weigh-ins?

its you
Lesnar1
1/13/12 10:33:22PM
Rumble should take some weight cutting and gaining tips from Vitor after this fight haha.
prozacnation1978
1/13/12 11:03:07PM
Ufc better not cancel this fight
Kpro
1/13/12 11:09:57PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Ufc better not cancel this fight

I don't think the UFC would want a MW vs. HW bout sanctioned even if the AC in Brazil would allow it, which is what Rumble would be if he is 206+ when he re-weigh's tomorrow, let alone that Vitor said he won't fight him if he shows up 206+ at the re-weigh-in. It's all on Rumble, not the UFC.
Sir_Karl
1/13/12 11:11:50PM
I don't agree with weight cutting. I think there should be three weigh-ins. One a week before the fight, another 2 days before the fight and the last one right before the fight. Not only is weight cutting dangerous....it is a scam. A few more weight classes would solve this issue.
bjj1605
1/14/12 12:22:59AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I don't agree with weight cutting. I think there should be three weigh-ins. One a week before the fight, another 2 days before the fight and the last one right before the fight. Not only is weight cutting dangerous....it is a scam. A few more weight classes would solve this issue.

Thats silly.

If you're against weight cutting why not just have them weigh-in on the way to the cage?
Wolfenstein
1/14/12 3:07:16AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I get what you're saying, but it will never happen, for two reasons.

One, you would potentially have guys cutting weight the day of the fight, which would be dangerous, and two, you have the potential of guys not making weight the day of the bout--in which case you could be missing main events with merely a few hours notice...yeah you'd be pretty pissed if you just bought that PPV only to find out the headliners couldn't make weight.
simmy
1/14/12 9:14:10AM
Man, if there is one thing I don't want is more weight classes & go the way of Boxing where all you've gotta do is eat a big dinner to move up a weight & become a "world" champ.
warglory
1/14/12 9:55:56AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

How is it a scam exactly?
Dberntson
1/14/12 11:18:01AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Weight cutting is not a scam nor dangerous if done correctly. Its pretty ironic talking about weight cutting as dangerous in a full contact fighting sport. Headline: MMA is dangerous by the nature of the sport, but athletes choose to do it. Weight cutting is completely fair and legal. Each fighter can cut weight as they choose. They must weigh the pros and cons to see if it's worth it - size/strength vs cardio/speed. But each fighter has the choice - so it's fair.
Bubbles
1/14/12 4:33:02PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

a few more weight classes? this isnt boxing
KungFuMaster
1/14/12 5:36:42PM
An hour and a half until Bubbles has a new avatar.
prophecy033
1/15/12 4:12:05PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

who did you say was gonna gas again?