Your vision of the future... the belts 3 years from now in Pride / UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Your vision of the future... the belts 3 years from now in Pride / UFC
DoTheMMAth
1/25/07 3:08:45PM
Who do you think will be holding the belts 3 years from now in Pride / UFC?

UFC welters: GSP still has it IMO, unless someone who is a current unknown rises up and really dazzles us all. GSP is young, has some of the most well-rounded skills I've seen, and now has the maturity and confidence to take on anyone.

Pride heavies: I know this makes me sound like I'm on the Fedor bandwagon... but he's only 30 right now. 33 is still in the prime of things easily. Some think that Mark Hunt mildly exposed him last fight, but IMO he was calm through the whole thing, never panic'd, and is the guy that survived getting "Randleman'd" to win a moment later. No one has proven that he's not a semi-mechanical cyborg yet.

Pride lightweights: IMO the most exciting division out of Pride/UFC right now. I'm an admitted Gomi nuthugger... with 3 more years to improve on his groundgame I'd be scared. I'm looking forward to Pride LW Grand Prix probably more than any other event this year. Aoki as the runner up, my gut tells me he has lots of potential too.

IMO the least unpredictable is UFC LHW division. Even if Chuck sticks around for another 3 years until he's 40, it's hard to picture who's gonna be on top at that point considering how many potential contenders there are. If Chuck retires and or loses the belt, who has the best shot of everyone else at beating Tito? What happens when Rashad is really put to the test? Is Forrest going to come back from his last loss and go on a rampage? Speaking of a rampage... what about Rampage? Is he broken out of his coma and will he be in the UFC at that point? Is Michael Bisping going to grow into Chuckwagon #2 at some point? If Chuck is out of the picture does Babalu have what it takes to reach the top? And what about Stephan Bonnar? The American Psycho? Ok... maybe not the last one heh, but yeah, the other questions are valid in my mind.

Gonna stop typing now... IRL calls ><
Sinical
1/25/07 3:35:16PM
UFC WW in 3 years = GSP
Pride HW in 3 years = Fedor
Pride LW in 3 years = Gilbert Melendez

also lets hope that pride can stay around for the next 3 years.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Sinical
1/25/07 3:42:31PM
i mean the UFC LHW division is soft as you said, the only threat right now is Rashad and he would proabably loose to Babalu

The UFC MW division right now has some contenders. I would love to see Dean lister fight for the title. also if the UFC can get Ivan Salaverry back i would be very happy because he is one of my favorite fighters and i believe he could beat anyone in their MW division

UFC LW division is loaded. i think sherk will take out the winner of fisher/franca and i think he would also beat melvin with ease. then you got the winner of TUF 5 who will be getting pubbed. Tyson griffin is the future of this division IMO i dont see him getting stopped.

Im not even gonna start on UFC HW division i believe a man called CroCop? or something might have a shot at the title.

hippysmacker
1/25/07 4:00:54PM
Interesting idea for a post, I'll just gonna answer as if no more people left their current organization, otherwise there are too manhy possibilities.
Pride HVY- Fedor
Pride 205-Shogun/Lil Nog trading it back and forth
Pride 183-Dennis Kang
Pride 160- Aoki, but Melendez held the belt once and Gomi has regained it once.
UFC HVY -Cro-cop retires /Arlovski champ
UFC LHVY-Chuck retires/Rashad champ
UFC MDWT- Franklin
UFC WWT-GSP(but Sanchez took the belt once and GSP got it back)
UFC LWT- Still Sherk
ElGuApO91
1/25/07 6:42:59PM
Pride heavywieght- Fedor
UFC heavyweight -Cro-cop or but if he leaves the ufc id have to go with sylvia
UFC lightheavyweight-Chuck but if he retires babalu
UFC middleweight- Franklin
UFC welterweight-GSP until he retires nobody gonna touch him
UFC lightweight- penn but if he moves up a class back to ww melvin guillard
Hurricaneg
1/25/07 7:01:33PM
WW - GSP
LHW - Rashad
HW - Fedor
3 years from now there will be no pride
amik
1/26/07 6:34:10AM
the champions will be Mark Coleman, Bas Rutten, Ken Shamrock and Giant Silva... Jajajajajajaja.

It's a joke.

Pride HVY- Fedor
Pride 205-Shogun
Pride 183-Paulo Filho
Pride 160- Gomi
UFC HVY -Brandon Vera (personal wage)
UFC LHVY-Quinton Jackson
UFC MDWT- Franklin
UFC WWT-Diego Sanchez
UFC LWT- Sean Sherk

Join the unique spanish team "hell's hole".
--Hinch--
1/26/07 7:04:17AM
Pride HVY- Fedor
Pride 205-Shogun.
Pride 183- Filho.
Pride 160- Aoki.
UFC HVY -CC.
UFC LHVY- Rampage/Evans.
UFC MDWT- Silva.
UFC WWT-Diego.
UFC LWT- Penn.

Hmm...That'll do it.
amik
1/26/07 7:09:11AM
Yeahhhhhhh

Penn returns to top on LW!!!!!!!!!

I like this idea!!!

roadking95th
1/26/07 3:47:49PM
Hopefully Pride and UFC merge within three years.

PrideHW Fedor
UFC HW Vera
World Champ Fedor

Pride LHW Shogun
UFC LHW Evans
World Champ Shogun

Pride MW Filho
UFC MW Franklin
World Champ Franklin

Pride WW Diego-UFC would ship some talent
UFC WW GSP
World Champ GSP

Pride LW Gomi
UFC LW Penn
World LW Penn

Think how awesome the leagues and World Championships could be!!!!
Sinical
1/26/07 4:02:38PM

Posted by roadking95th

Hopefully Pride and UFC merge within three years.

PrideHW Fedor
UFC HW Vera
World Champ Fedor

Pride LHW Shogun
UFC LHW Evans
World Champ Shogun

Pride MW Filho
UFC MW Franklin
World Champ Franklin

Pride WW Diego-UFC would ship some talent
UFC WW GSP
World Champ GSP

Pride LW Gomi
UFC LW Penn
World LW Penn

Think how awesome the leagues and World Championships could be!!!!

um there is no pride 170 division and prides MW division is 205.
roadking95th
1/27/07 1:10:51AM
Yea, I know. I am hoping either the two companies work together or merge. They would then have to reconfigure their weight classes. I think there is enough talent to run Pride and the UFC comparable to the NFL, having two "conferences" with a World Championship card on New Years.
ncordless
3/5/09 5:07:05AM
In the spirit of that thread about the predictions in 1910 about 2000.... bump
cmill21
3/5/09 9:29:36AM
This is weird to read now lol.
gartface
3/5/09 11:10:50AM

Posted by cmill21

This is weird to read now lol.

Agreed. The weirdest thing was not seeing Anderson Silva on anyone's posts.
CwB
3/5/09 4:25:13PM
the funny thing is, how weak the ufc LHW div really was... Chuck tito and babulu were at the top and forrest, rashad, and bisping were working there way up