Virtual Barbershop -- .·:*¨¨*:·.The coolest thing you'll hear all day.·:*¨¨*:·.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Virtual Barbershop -- .·:*¨¨*:·.The coolest thing you'll hear all day.·:*¨¨*:·.
grappler0000
8/12/08 8:09:57AM
I just listened to this for the first time a couple of days ago...and it blew my mind. It was recorded using a technology called Holophonics (3D sound). If you've never heard it before, I highly recommend it.

You will NEED a pair of HEADPHONES for this to work...any headphones will do, but I recommend using a quality set if you have them. Earbuds work perfectly. If you're using the foam headphones, you can press them against you're ears if you'd like, but it's up to you.

So, turn up the volume a bit, sit back, CLOSE YOUR EYES, and enjoy. And, no this is not a prank.

WARNING: If you are currently on any psychedelics, you may not want to listen right now. ;^)

Virtual Barbershop

After you've listened, you can check out how it's recorded here if you're interested. It's actually pretty simple and is similar in concept to how 3D cameras work.
gravy13
8/12/08 11:40:38AM
Props to you, man. That was pretty awesome.
murphy_16
8/12/08 11:59:30AM
wow you guys to my buddy sent this to me said it was sick dude this shit its the dumbest thing ever
grappler0000
8/12/08 12:09:37PM

Posted by murphy_16

wow you guys to my buddy sent this to me said it was sick dude this shit its the dumbest thing ever

I'm thinking you didn't wear headphones as stated...it will not work unless you do so.
gravy13
8/12/08 12:53:28PM

Posted by murphy_16

warglory
8/12/08 9:39:57PM
Holy shit! That's insane.
Aaronno9
8/13/08 7:10:48AM
Haha, I heard this a while ago, i was sitting in my girlfriends room and all the lights where off, im sure theirs a part where its supposed to sound like hes walking from your left to your right..... i litterally spun around and looked over my right shoulder expecting to see somebody haha.
Rush
8/13/08 8:24:51AM
That was cool. I jumped when he put the bag on my head. But yeah, you have to have the headphones on.
emfleek
8/13/08 9:58:07AM
I don't have headphones at work, but judging from the replies I'd be willing to guess that it's noises that sound like they're travelling through your head or something along those lines?

If so, and you want to hear something along the same lines...

CHECK OUT PINK FLOYD'S - "UMMAGUMMA" and listen to "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" (all one song)...you'll get the same effect. It's awesome.
grappler0000
8/13/08 9:58:31AM

Posted by Rush

That was cool. I jumped when he put the bag on my head. But yeah, you have to have the headphones on.

To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever seen you with your headphones off...unless that's not really you in your avatar.
guitr_freek
8/14/08 6:17:31PM
I thought it was pretty cool. I think it would be a lot more creepy if you were in a situation where you were kidnapped and blindfolded and they did those kind of things.