VIP Tickets My Ass

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » VIP Tickets My Ass
BlueSkiesBurn
10/2/11 3:43:10PM
Many of you know that I'm a huge USC fan. I'm also a huge fan of the Twitter. So what happens when the USC Athletic Department has a Twitter contest for free VIP tickets? Naturally, I enter.

Anyhow, I didn't end up winning, but my friend and another guy did. Well, as it turns out, the other guy lived in Florida (no fucking clue why he entered) and couldn't attend the game (duh). So he gives his winning tickets to my friend that also won.

My friend calls me and says that I can have them. So we went to the game and these were our seats.

Now, they seats aren't bad, but there was nothing "VIP" about them. They were just fairly good seats. I don't know why they said "win VIP seats." We didn't get a field pass or any special treatment...I was pretty disappointed, but still loved free tickets and seeing my Trojans in a shootout with Arizona.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
kopower
10/2/11 3:58:47PM
I agree. Nothing about your pic screams VIP. Not bad seats though. Nice marketing ploy by the athletic department to get some traffic. I would hate to see where the regular, non VIP seats are located.
Chael_Sonnen
10/2/11 4:11:09PM
U-C-L-A!
U-C-L-A!
U-C-L-A!
U-C-L-A!
Twenty20Dollars
10/2/11 4:13:53PM
Their VIP stands for something else. View Is Poor, hehe.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/2/11 4:25:02PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Their VIP stands for something else. View Is Poor, hehe.

Props sir, that made me spit coke out of my mouth when I read it.
emfleek
10/3/11 9:00:35AM
The same thing happened to me years ago but at a concert. We won "VIP tickets for 4" to Deer Creek in Noblesville (Virezone Wireless Ampitheatre) for Lollapalooza. The actual seats weren't horrible but they were sectioned off by railing basically leaving all 4 of us caged in to sit on these POS folding metal chairs. Security kept stopping to check our ticket stubs every few minutes (people have an obsession with trying to be as close to the stage as possible...I've never understood it, personally...so they try to scam their way into the pavilion) to make sure we were supposed to be there. There was absolutely nothing "VIP" about it. I actually spent the second half of the concert/day sitting in the lawn. That's where the party's at, anyways.
ncordless
10/8/11 1:55:40PM
I keep misreading this title by puting a "to" after tickets.
prophecy033
10/8/11 2:14:30PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

U-C-L-A!
U-C-L-A!
U-C-L-A!
U-C-L-A!

BlueSkiesBurn
10/8/11 2:26:56PM

Posted by ncordless

Jackass!
Kpro
10/9/11 2:04:18AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by ncordless

Jackass!

That would make the picture really awkward. There are tens of thousands of people in there. Mostly in USC clothing and a full marching band.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/9/11 3:16:39AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by ncordless

Jackass!

That would make the picture really awkward. There are tens of thousands of people in there. Mostly in USC clothing and a full marching band.

Only the Spirit of Troy, no other marching bands....