Violence erupts on Boston streets

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Violence erupts on Boston streets
« Previous Page
KungFuMaster
4/19/13 2:57:26PM
The remaining suspect sounds like an All-American. It just goes to show anyone can go down that path.
cowcatcher
4/19/13 3:43:49PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

The remaining suspect sounds like an All-American. It just goes to show anyone can go down that path.

I wouldn't go so far as to call someone that's been a citizen for 7 months and in the country for 7-ish years an "All-American". He does sound very much like a typical teenager based on what people that went to school with him said, but it sure seems evident now that he held some radical views.

They're going to be running out of daylight soon, I'm really hoping there's an end to this in the very near future.
KungFuMaster
4/19/13 3:58:02PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by KungFuMaster

I wouldn't go so far as to call someone that's been a citizen for 7 months and in the country for 7-ish years an "All-American". He does sound very much like a typical teenager based on what people that went to school with him said, but it sure seems evident now that he held some radical views.

They're going to be running out of daylight soon, I'm really hoping there's an end to this in the very near future.

I didn't know how long he's been a citizen but from all the information given so far - he seemed to have assimilated very well into being an American.

We're all speculating right now, just as the news has been, - but everything does point to the older brother being the mastermind behind the plot and being the reason for the younger brother becoming radical.

KungFuMaster
4/19/13 4:14:02PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I have a feeling they know his general whereabouts and they're purposely waiting it out by slowly securing the areas around him. They probably don't want to force a confrontation which may lead to more fatalities. This could go on until he runs out of food and water or simply commit suicide.
SpiderSilva
4/19/13 4:46:46PM
I'd hate if my house was dirty and the cops came door to door
Shawn91111
4/19/13 5:23:25PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

A former co worker had this.

A girl who had been thrown out of her boyfriends moving vehicle after she was punched etc, knocked on the closest apartment which was my co worker and his roommate. They called the cops, the 2 are frantically cleaning the apartment. Cops come over and are talking to the girl and the co worker is profusely apologizing for the mess. Cop says "dont worry we have seen bigger shit holes than this"
KungFuMaster
4/19/13 7:11:00PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

I would be embarrassed too but that should be the least of our worries.
FastKnockout
4/19/13 7:12:05PM
Minutes after they lift the lockdown they are now telling people to stay inside. Police rushed back into Watertown and there are reports of gun shots.
SpiderSilva
4/19/13 7:21:21PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Minutes after they lift the lockdown they are now telling people to stay inside. Police rushed back into Watertown and there are reports of gun shots.

Looks like the Seals were brought in
FastKnockout
4/19/13 7:30:16PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by FastKnockout

CNN producer said he could see officers rushing away from the scene with children.
SpiderSilva
4/19/13 7:48:46PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by FastKnockout

CNN producer said he could see officers rushing away from the scene with children.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
KingCmb
4/19/13 8:18:23PM
just had bombs go off jesus this whole thing just blows my mind

i am glad they at least know his where abouts bostons a relitivly tiny city and in the 15 or more hours he was missing he coulda been anywhere really

like i said i work outside the city and finnally got out but i work in a garage attached to a car wash and my mind was running when the sun started going down and my bay doors where up that car wash tunnel was dark and i wasnt about to walk around and check it out

im a big man but people with no morals like this just scare the shit outa me
kopower
4/19/13 8:42:06PM
Sounds like they got the guy pinned down in a boat?? Hopefully it's over soon.
Shawn91111
4/19/13 8:50:11PM
Looks like they got him
papercut
4/19/13 8:53:40PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Looks like the got him

has just been confirmed. he is officially in custody.
FastKnockout
4/19/13 9:00:14PM
They handled the situation perfectly.
Shawn91111
4/19/13 9:22:49PM
Real life GTA with 6 stars
george112
4/19/13 10:02:27PM
he is FUCKED now
FlashyG
4/19/13 10:11:26PM

Posted by kopower

Sounds like they got the guy pinned down in a boat?? Hopefully it's over soon.

grappler0000
4/19/13 10:47:45PM
Police Radio chatter announcing the capture, if interested:

Link - happens just past :45
cowcatcher
4/19/13 10:51:49PM
KungFuMaster
4/20/13 12:06:35AM
From what I heard - they purposely let him suffered a little before going in to apprehend him.
Adrenaline
4/20/13 12:12:14AM
I can't appluade the city of Boston as well as all of the Law Enforcement Professionals and first responders enough, they handled this situation masterfully.
KungFuMaster
4/20/13 12:12:46AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

From what I heard - they purposely let him suffered a little before going in to apprehend him.

I think the radio planted that thought on me.
KungFuMaster
4/20/13 12:16:38AM

Posted by Adrenaline

I can't appluade the city of Boston as well as all of the Law Enforcement Professionals and first responders enough, they handled this situation masterfully.

Indeed they did.

Call me weird but I actually wanted to hear everything the uncle had to say. I don't think everything was aired.
KungFuMaster
4/20/13 12:21:31AM
During the lock-down, one business wanted to remain open. They asked him why and he said he wanted to make money.

Contrary to that, Dunkin Donuts wanted to remain open to assist in the situation and offer law enforcement coffee, donuts, and their restroom for free. War Dunkin Donuts.
jakewalters
4/20/13 10:59:44AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

During the lock-down, one business wanted to remain open. They asked him why and he said he wanted to make money.

Contrary to that, Dunkin Donuts wanted to remain open to assist in the situation and offer law enforcement coffee, donuts, and their restroom for free. War Dunkin Donuts.

So wait, there was one business or two businesses that stayed open
KungFuMaster
4/21/13 2:08:13AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by KungFuMaster

So wait, there was one business or two businesses that stayed open

According to my knowledge, only Dunkin Donuts remained open to service officers.

link
KungFuMaster
4/22/13 12:43:48PM
Nice video. Share it with your friends. share
KungFuMaster
4/22/13 2:11:15PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Nice video. Share it with your friends. share

After watching this video I tried to recall, if any, memories of such things happening to me. The only one I can think of is when I stopped to help a couple push their car. The husband or boyfriend was not going to be able to push the car up the ramp to get it off the street. I was already stopped while this was happening - so I got out and rush to help the poor guy. Others see me coming to the poor guy's aid and they decide to join in the help. By the time we got the car off the street and into a convenient store's parking lot, there were four or five other guys who had joined in. I personally felt rewarded that my kind act triggered others to want to help.
Pages: 1 [2]