Violence erupts on Boston streets

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Violence erupts on Boston streets
Next Page »
FastKnockout
4/19/13 2:31:57AM
Violent incidents early Friday, including the shooting death of a college police officer, kept area residents on edge.

Link
FastKnockout
4/19/13 2:33:45AM
FBI on scene and there's speculation these events have a connection to the Boston bombings.

Edit: local media is reporting undetonated explosives and some used against police in Watertown where the suspect was arrested.
jakewalters
4/19/13 2:47:24AM
Gawker following it live... LINK
FastKnockout
4/19/13 2:54:45AM

Posted by jakewalters

Gawker following it live... LINK

It looks like one of the guys from the photos they released earlier.

jakewalters
4/19/13 3:23:25AM
I've been using Reddit for breaking news on Boston, texas, and this. They're the best.

Reddit thread

the creepy thing is that you'll read something one minute.. then when you reload a few minutes later you see (REDACTED NATSEC)

anyone thinking we don't already have a censored internet.. there u go
jakewalters
4/19/13 3:45:29AM
Update 308 (3:36 PM EDT) Marathon bomber with white hat still on the loose. The first suspect, in dark glasses, has been killed. Officer wounded, treated at Mt. Auburn hospital. Confirmed by multiple law enforcement officers that these are the marathon bomber suspects. MIT, Car Jacking and Bombing all connected.

from Reddit
FastKnockout
4/19/13 3:55:30AM

Posted by jakewalters

Update 308 (3:36 PM EDT) Marathon bomber with white hat still on the loose. The first suspect, in dark glasses, has been killed. Officer wounded, treated at Mt. Auburn hospital. Confirmed by multiple law enforcement officers that these are the marathon bomber suspects. MIT, Car Jacking and Bombing all connected.

from Reddit

And the one whose still on the loose is the missing Brown student according to the reports. Damn. Reddit nailed it.
cowcatcher
4/19/13 7:10:47AM
They're saying they are Chechnyan.

Listen in on police scanner here

It's not easy to get in to the link above because a lot of people are listening in now, but if you keep trying you may get in. I'm getting to hear everything before the news outlets on here. It's crazy.
cowcatcher
4/19/13 7:12:15AM
They're saying they are brothers aged 19 and 20 and have been living here for a year.
kopower
4/19/13 7:38:44AM
Only a matter of time before they catch the other suspect. Hopefully they shoot his ass dead too.
KingCmb
4/19/13 8:15:24AM
im locked down in boston right now cops everywhere i work out side the city and i cant leave.....
cowcatcher
4/19/13 8:30:30AM

Posted by the-king

im locked down in boston right now cops everywhere i work out side the city and i cant leave.....

I'm guessing it could be a long day on lockdown for you. Here's hoping they catch this guy ASAP and you and everyone else there can breathe easy and get back to your normal lives.
cowcatcher
4/19/13 8:34:39AM
The scanner is saying there is a guy in a black hoodie running through yards. This might be it.
KingCmb
4/19/13 8:37:11AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by the-king

I'm guessing it could be a long day on lockdown for you. Here's hoping they catch this guy ASAP and you and everyone else there can breathe easy and get back to your normal lives.

thanks CC i cant imagine theyd get far from watertown its a while into the city from there but they still locked the whole city down and i havent heard any reports on a car jacking so id assume there still in watertown area where the first guy / scumbag died

as i type they say he may be taking hostages with several assault rifles and bombs
cowcatcher
4/19/13 8:38:51AM
On the scanner they are stressing to the officers to take cover.
cowcatcher
4/19/13 8:42:56AM
They're requesting a ram and have 3 addresses they are covering while they wait for SWAT.
cowcatcher
4/19/13 9:01:00AM
He is posting online "I will kill all you as you killed my brother" according to the police on the scanner. Other than that not much has been said on the scanner lately.
cowcatcher
4/19/13 9:24:01AM
Scanner site had been shut down. Man I hope this gets to an end quickly and no one gets hurt. The last few minutes the scanner was up they had a few scenes they wanted to check out, so it seems the earlier leads didn't come through.
Adrenaline
4/19/13 9:54:49AM

Posted by the-king

Be safe man, keep us updated on what your seeing. This has been a crazy night just following online, I can only imagine what it's like to be in the Boston area. My thoughts are with you guys.

KingCmb
4/19/13 10:02:21AM
reports of the suspect wearing a suicide vest still on the run have been going around

thanks my dude the whole things nuts i dont wanna get in trouble but i hope they kill this guy i know too many BPD and staties who are out there right now who id hate to imagine being the next to get killed by some scumbag
Adrenaline
4/19/13 10:18:37AM
The article isn't very clear but Fox News is making it sound like they found the SUV full of bullet holes and explosions came from a nearby home.

LINK

Fox also has a live feed from the location although it is just a camera pointed at some uniformed officers and patrol cars at this time.

Video feed
jae_1833
4/19/13 11:36:33AM
1 down, 1 to go...get him boys! And stay safe!!
KingCmb
4/19/13 11:42:57AM
the dead one trained at waikru mma and was apperently a decent boxer other mma fighters at waikru are john howard and sean gannon the cop who beat kimbo.......just to tie this in with mma
thevoodooninja
4/19/13 12:09:12PM

Posted by the-king

the dead one trained at waikru mma and was apperently a decent boxer other mma fighters at waikru are john howard and sean gannon the cop who beat kimbo.......just to tie this in with mma

I'm guessing MMA doesn't want to be tied into this one
FastKnockout
4/19/13 12:09:18PM
Some of his buddies on Twitter are calling it an 'inside job'
jae_1833
4/19/13 12:09:56PM

Posted by the-king

Why in the hell would you want to tie it to MMA?!?!
KingCmb
4/19/13 12:14:44PM
im on an mma forum and figured it was a notable fact to share with other mma fans....im not saying mma caused this nor is anyone else i think you all need to relax a little. just goes to show how much he was living among us that he was next to mma vets like howard everyday

jesus i get its tense times out here but cmon now
jae_1833
4/19/13 12:28:34PM
We've gotten a little mother hen with mma, media has tied a lot to it for no reason. No probs bro.
george112
4/19/13 1:58:14PM

Posted by the-king

im on an mma forum and figured it was a notable fact to share with other mma fans....im not saying mma caused this nor is anyone else i think you all need to relax a little. just goes to show how much he was living among us that he was next to mma vets like howard everyday

jesus i get its tense times out here but cmon now

KingCmb
4/19/13 2:11:26PM

Posted by jae_1833

We've gotten a little mother hen with mma, media has tied a lot to it for no reason. No probs bro.

i hear ya everythings square i still love yall i get jumpy too when people in the media talk mma i still dont trust it
Pages: [1] 2