7/4/08 12:03:16AM
The UFC Hall of Fame is:

Royce Gracie
Dan Severn
Ken Shamrock
Mark Coleman
Radny Couture

People in it who SHOULD be in it:

Royce Gracie- For what he brought to MMA and the UFC, Jiu-Jitsu.
He had very impresive victoriesand was entertaining. Even now he's still decent.

Dan Severn- This man has paid his debt to MMA, he's 54(I think) and till fighting and winning(losing only twice since 2007). He is a favorite and a champ.

People in it who SHOULDN'T be it in:

Ken Shamrock- what did he really bring, submission(but wait so did Royce). He was semi entertaining,but not that good of a fight(IMO). and the allegations of him and longtime steriod usage is bad for the sport, not to mention he SUED the UFC.

Mark Coleman: He THROWS fight(Pride 5). and undoubtably used steriods. He is a decent fighter, but shouldn't be in the HOF

NO COMMENT ON RANDY COUTURE.

I'm not trying to Fighter Bash, if it seems like it, I respectfully apologize
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/08 12:11:56AM
your kinda looking at it all wrong. ken has been there since the start and helped the ufc in the start along with coleman and royce. sure ken started to slip in his older age but its about what he did earlier in his career for the sport of mma and the ufc.
Mchubb316
7/4/08 12:50:30AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

your kinda looking at it all wrong. ken has been there since the start and helped the ufc in the start along with coleman and royce. sure ken started to slip in his older age but its about what he did earlier in his career for the sport of mma and the ufc.

Hall of Fame in most sports don't consider just on the field, court, cage, or links achievments. That is why you see sports writers, broadcasters, and managers get in the HOF. Ken has done a lot for the sport regardless of his record in the UFC. Alot of people who think of old school UFC usually first think of guys like Royce, Dan and Ken.
Pitbull09
7/4/08 2:15:37AM
Dude, it looks like you have been posting for awhile. This topic comes up like 5-10 times a month. I understand if you never saw one already but we have beat this topic dead already for over a year now. I even posted a topic like this when I started lol.
mrsmiley
7/4/08 5:58:52AM
The UFC Hall Of Fame is cool,but they need an all out "MMA Hall Of Fame".
That way guys like Igor Vovchanzn,Bas Rutten,Fedor,etc get some HOF recognition.
MFOTHER
7/4/08 10:36:39AM
its not just gonna be about fighters
i garentee joe rogan makes his way to the HOF
other possible non fighters

joe silva
"stich"
bruce buffer
JBatch
7/4/08 10:47:44AM
Ken deserves to be there, I mean just the fact he looks like pounded hamburger meat now is reasonenough for me. He was an ambassador for the sport for a long time and was fightig before there were even decent pay days. Ken is a legend and deserves to be in the HOF.

I agree however that Coleman does not.
mrsmiley
7/4/08 11:45:32AM

Posted by Khaos

The UFC Hall of Fame is:

Royce Gracie
Dan Severn
Ken Shamrock
Mark Coleman
Radny Couture

He had very impresive victoriesand was entertaining. Even now he's still decent.

Dan Severn- This man has paid his debt to MMA, he's 54(I think) and till fighting and winning(losing only twice since 2007). He is a favorite and a champ.

Ken Shamrock- what did he really bring, submission(but wait so did Royce). He was semi entertaining,but not that good of a fight(IMO). and the allegations of him and longtime steriod usage is bad for the sport, not to mention he SUED the UFC.

Mark Coleman: He THROWS fight(Pride 5). and undoubtably used steriods. He is a decent fighter, but shouldn't be in the HOF

I think your reasons for not including Coleman are crazy.
Threw a fight? Yes the Takada fight was thrown,though I don't soley blaim that on Coleman.Every one of Takadas fights(on the exception of Ricksons) are under suspesion in my opinion.Watch his fight with Crocop.Very,Very awkward.They wouldn't include it on the DVD for that reason.So if they made an "MMA" HOF,does that mean CC is out?
Coleman probably has used roids,but as far as I know he was never drug tested.Has he ever failed a drug test?Or are you just assuming he has used them?In that case Royce should be marked off your list because he "actualy" used roids and failed a test.You use this same reasoning for marking Shamrock out of Hall of Fame Contention,yet make not mention that Royce "FAILED" a drug test.

Coleman was the first HWC of the UFC,and I say he without a doubt,should be in the HOF.
DJDark41
7/4/08 2:04:39PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Hall of Fame in most sports don't consider just on the field, court, cage, or links achievments. That is why you see sports writers, broadcasters, and managers get in the HOF. Ken has done a lot for the sport regardless of his record in the UFC. Alot of people who think of old school UFC usually first think of guys like Royce, Dan and Ken.

I had to quote both of you, cause you hit it right on. Its not all about pure success. Without those guys, there isn't really a UFC.
zephead
7/4/08 2:38:44PM

Posted by Khaos

The UFC Hall of Fame is:

Royce Gracie
Dan Severn
Ken Shamrock
Mark Coleman
Radny Couture

Royce - There is no dispute with this

Dan Severn - No dispute

Ken Shamrock - Was there from the beggining. He put fanny's in the seat and started the rivalry with Royce. The Lion's Den put alot fighters in the UFC and MMA as a whole.

Mark Coleman - Put wrestlers on the map. Invented the GnP. Was a true warrior. Showed that you could use anything as a weapon, even your forehead. Pretty muched forced people to work on their cardio, (See Mo Smith fight, who in turned trained Frank Shamrock)

Randy Coutre - Former HW and LHW Champ. NOthing else needs to be said
jgtribbett
7/4/08 3:20:47PM

Posted by mrsmiley

The UFC Hall Of Fame is cool,but they need an all out "MMA Hall Of Fame".
That way guys like Igor Vovchanzn,Bas Rutten,Fedor,etc get some HOF recognition.

yep.. i agree.. hopefully WAMMA will put one together..
bigbubbano23
7/4/08 7:29:07PM
big john should be next to be inducted!!!!!!!!! enough said.
RNC
7/5/08 2:15:31AM
Any opinions on future HOF?

If Silva continues to own the MW division, and is dominant in the LHW divison, he will undoubtably be there one day.

I beleive GSP and Penn have shots too.

I've also heard Joe Rogan refer to Hughes as a future hall of famer, I guess we'll see.
fullerene
7/5/08 5:48:06AM

Posted by Dialect

Any opinions on future HOF?

If Silva continues to own the MW division, and is dominant in the LHW divison, he will undoubtably be there one day.

I beleive GSP and Penn have shots too.

I've also heard Joe Rogan refer to Hughes as a future hall of famer, I guess we'll see.

Hughes, Liddell and Ortiz have already done enough to be in there, although I don't know if Tito has made too many enemies for it. Penn, GSP and Silva are borderlinie right now and could seal it with a few more wins in their careers. Guys like Pulver. Franklin and Sylvia have an argument for being in there as well, although I don't think they will be popular choices on internet message boards.