****Video: Wanderlei Silva talks Rampage Jackson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ****Video: Wanderlei Silva talks Rampage Jackson
kastro_316
8/11/08 1:34:26PM
DreamFighters.com

Wanderlei Silva talks Rampage Jackson, Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans and Demian Maia's impressive submission win at UFC 87.

nastshabast
8/11/08 4:48:48PM
I love this guy. So enthusiastic.

Good thing he tought Damien how to putta the knee, he'll need that against Silva.

Tought time for ?Hashan? 'cause Chuck no giva the takedown.

can never get that toilet paper commercial out of my head when he's talking. Too funny.
xphycorx
8/11/08 5:12:22PM
i love wanderlei. he is one of my favorite fighters, but he does not deserve a shot at rampage's title...at least not yet. he needs to beat at least 2 more guys before he could even be considered the number one contender. how about vera/wanderlei? that would be nasty!! WAR AXE MURDERER!!!
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/11/08 5:22:10PM
I can't listen to anything here at work, can anybody just give me a quick rundown on what he said.
bojangalz
8/11/08 5:50:53PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I can't listen to anything here at work, can anybody just give me a quick rundown on what he said.

He said a set of headphones and a "BOSS" screen go a long way
nastshabast
8/11/08 6:31:55PM

Posted by xphycorx

i love wanderlei. he is one of my favorite fighters, but he does not deserve a shot at rampage's title...at least not yet. he needs to beat at least 2 more guys before he could even be considered the number one contender. how about vera/wanderlei? that would be nasty!! WAR AXE MURDERER!!!

Last time I checked Forrest won that title.
xphycorx
8/11/08 7:03:05PM

Posted by nastshabast

Posted by xphycorx

Last time I checked Forrest won that title.

wow i'm an idiot. yeah that's what i meant to say. thanks for correcting my stupidity.
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/11/08 7:04:17PM

Posted by bojangalz

He said a set of headphones and a "BOSS" screen go a long way

Jackelope
8/11/08 10:41:37PM

He said a lot but basically-

As usual he said he loves Vegas and the support he gets from his fans.

He is excited about Jardine vs. Vera and thinks Jardine is a nice guy.

He would love to fight Rampage because he doesn't like Rampage, but at the same time he knows Rampage is going through a lot of personal things so he wouldn't want to face him while he's not at his best. Regardless he said he'll be ready to fight anybody in December.

He said Chuck vs. Rashad is very interesting, too. He thinks if Rashad can take Chuck down he'll win, but if it stays standing Chuck will win.

He also said he wanted to fight Chuck again but Chuck didn't want the rematch.

He talks about how Damian Maia is an incredibly smart fighter who will go a long way in the sport.

He also said he's opening a new gym in Vegas (10,000 sq ft) and he's going to have a 2x world jiu jitsu champ as his BJJ coach there. I couldn't really understand the name, though. I don't follow the BJJ scene too much so someone else could enlighten.
juanez13
8/12/08 12:05:17AM

Posted by Jackelope

He also said he's opening a new gym in Vegas (10,000 sq ft) and he's going to have a 2x world jiu jitsu champ as his BJJ coach there. I couldn't really understand the name, though. I don't follow the BJJ scene too much so someone else could enlighten.

The second one he mentioned is Rodrigo Comprido (helped Lesnar with his BJJ for his fight with herring)....The first one though, i could not understand what he was saying