[VIDEO] Submission of the Year Via Flying Reverse Triangle

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » [VIDEO] Submission of the Year Via Flying Reverse Triangle
LuckyCharms
12/17/12 7:52:07PM
Wolfgang Janssen Scores a Front-Runner for Submission of the Year Via Flying Reverse Triangle

The original title of this post was going to be something along the lines of “F’n A, Cotton! Some G Just J’d Into a RT at HFC, SOTY?” However, feeling that it didn’t hold up to the high standard of journalistic integrity you’re used to seeing on CagePotato, I thought I’d go with a more straightforward title. In either case, here’s some Guy named Wolfgang Janssen Jumping into a Reverse Triangle at last weekend’s Havoc Fighting Championship 1 card. He may have used a little help from the fence to do so, but damn, that is a Submission of the Year nominee if I’ve ever seen one. Agree or disagree?

Video in Link
Budgellism
12/17/12 8:03:52PM
Wow. That was impressive.
TeamDEY
12/17/12 8:18:32PM
Not bad at all
sparky
12/17/12 11:01:13PM
When I pictured this in my mind it was a whole lot better. Still an amazing submission regardless
scoozna
12/17/12 11:08:49PM
I watched it about a dozen times and i still don't get how he jumped up and his opponent came up with him.
shaneTpain
12/17/12 11:10:28PM
Cool
OnyxShadow
12/17/12 11:35:53PM

Posted by scoozna

I watched it about a dozen times and i still don't get how he jumped up and his opponent came up with him.

I would imagine that this was sort of a happy accident. He jumped either to throw a knee, get out of the clinch, etc and ended up in position and then just went with it. Great situational awareness on his part, but its hard to imagine that he planned it.
UFC_Fanatic
12/18/12 2:06:55AM

Posted by OnyxShadow

Posted by scoozna

I would imagine that this was sort of a happy accident. He jumped either to throw a knee, get out of the clinch, etc and ended up in position and then just went with it. Great situational awareness on his part, but its hard to imagine that he planned it.

Planned or not, that made me do this face:
Theoutlaw08
12/18/12 9:45:34AM
That was cool.
hashyandy4
12/18/12 2:15:56PM

Posted by Budgellism

Wow. That was impressive.

Agreed, that was pretty sick
Bubbles
12/18/12 7:03:50PM
pshh I can do that
bjj1605
12/19/12 12:18:07AM
I'm not impressed.

He grabbed the cage when he jumped up. Only reason the submission worked.

It was still cool but it took an illegal move to pull it off.