Video Request

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Video Request
Pookie
8/19/11 1:16:37AM
First of all, if this is in the wrong forum, totally my bad. I wasn't sure which this would fall in to. Feel free to move this on a whim.

I can't find Shogun v. Griffin 1, or Shogun v. Machida 2 anywhere on the internet. If you could send me a link, i'd appreciate it with props whenever you say the word Mongoose on the forums. This prop incentive will not expire.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 1:38:32AM
link

there's forrest vs shogun. /\/\ video should work, worked for me, although sapo has given me problems in the past with ads popping up in the middle of the video, but this one didn't seem to have any.

I was searching mma-core, and was finding way older forrest fights, like with sonnen, mahood, but no shogun/forrest on there. Then I did find it on there by way of google and the link didn't work for that video.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 1:40:49AM
link

Shogun vs Machida 2

that one was much easier to find.
Pookie
8/19/11 1:55:02AM
The Forrest v. Shogun fight was alot closer than i remembered it to be. That's amazing considering the injuries and what not in hindsight.
decken
8/19/11 1:57:22AM
Damn I think I was a little slow with the links sent.

Edit: Never Mind thanks Pookie for the Prop!
KungFuMaster
8/19/11 2:03:48AM
But you can clearly see Shogun was fading away quickly due to grappling with a bigger man.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 2:05:31AM
I didn't watch the whole shogun/forrest fight from the link, just the beginning and fast forwarded it to make sure it worked.

I did see that Shogun took Forrest take early. I'll have to go back and watch the full fight, I guess later today since its like 1 in the morning.
Pookie
8/19/11 2:08:46AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

But you can clearly see Shogun was fading away quickly due to grappling with a bigger man.

Oh yes, definitely. He was starting to fade half way through the first round. Which makes the fact that he took Forrest down so much, that much more impressive.

Im not sure i would attribute the fade entirely to grappling with forrest. He looked all around sluggish. Which to me, suggests conditioning issues stemming from the Acl and Mcl injuries he had.
Pookie
8/19/11 2:09:38AM

Posted by decken

Damn I think I was a little slow with the links sent.

Edit: Never Mind thanks Pookie for the Prop!

They were absolutely appreciated.

Don't forget to say Mongoose for more props
Pookie
8/19/11 2:13:49AM
The sweep that Shogun uses on Machida at 3:11 of the first round, is it really called a helicopter sweep? I've seen youtube videos of the helicopter sweep and it looks way different than what Shogun did to stand up out of half guard.
DeadHead988
8/19/11 3:40:05AM
I remember hearing him say that bs during Shogun/Machida 2! That sweep was not even close to a helicopter sweep, if anything it may have been an x-guard sweep but who knows! And they say Rogan has a brown belt?
Pookie
8/19/11 3:48:16AM
Pendulum sweep sorta works on the same properties. Im not sure either.

I like how the leg uses its own momentum to help the hips scoot out from underneath.
grappler0000
8/19/11 9:59:38AM

Posted by DeadHead988

I remember hearing him say that bs during Shogun/Machida 2! That sweep was not even close to a helicopter sweep, if anything it may have been an x-guard sweep but who knows! And they say Rogan has a brown belt?

He said he was looking for it, not that it was executed. And yes, it looked like that was exactly what he was going for, based on his movements.

But hey, what do I know...let's take a look from the man himself - video

Not even close? I guess that's why he's the one doing the commentary.
DeadHead988
8/23/11 10:51:08PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by DeadHead988

He said he was looking for it, not that it was executed. And yes, it looked like that was exactly what he was going for, based on his movements.

But hey, what do I know...let's take a look from the man himself - video

Not even close? I guess that's why he's the one doing the commentary.

Shogun didn't attempt anything remotely similar to that video. I have actual grappling credentials and I feel pretty qualified to make these statements.