Video: Pat Barry never wanted to fight Cro Cop

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Video: Pat Barry never wanted to fight Cro Cop
chickmagnet
5/1/10 7:16:29PM
Pat Barry: "Im gonna get Cro Cops autograph"

Video Link

runningman08
5/1/10 7:41:00PM
I like the interview. When it comes to predictions i got barry winning by TKO in late 1st or early second. As for who i want to win i always want to see cro cop win but IMO barry is so explosive i think it will be to much for cro cop.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/1/10 7:45:55PM

"He is human, that's my only safe point, he is human, he can be beat. The guy is a machine"

Pat Barry cracks me up.
icantthinkofanything
5/1/10 7:56:51PM
Pat Barry rules...
Im looking foward to this fight
gcraig22
5/1/10 9:27:56PM
These are the types of guys you want to win. The polar opposite of a guy like Nick Diaz.
Sir_Karl
5/1/10 9:47:52PM
Good interview. I am excited to see this fight. To the guy who posted above me....I am a Nick Diaz fan...I always want to see him win!
vinny_cro_cop_q
5/2/10 12:30:27AM
I honestly believe cro cop will take this one. Ive felt the same as everyone else has to how cro cops been lately. He can still be a top fighter/striker at his age, i just feel its mental. We might not see 2006 OWGP cro cop, but we might see the greatest striker in mma history show what he can do. Im not trying to say Barry cant win he has just as great as chance as dos santos. I like barry but im going to have to pick CC
prozacnation1978
5/2/10 9:45:13AM
i have no clue
but i am hoping barry kicks him a few times and cro cop finally displays his kicking ability in the ufc what he is known for
mikevolz
5/2/10 11:35:53AM
he is not, was not, nor will ever be the greatest striker in mma history.

vinny_cro_cop_q
5/2/10 1:12:29PM
He is the best HW striker in mma history. I meant to put HW my bad, but he is still top 5 if not top 3 in mma history. That isnt debatable imo
cmill21
5/2/10 2:23:39PM

Posted by mikevolz

As far as actual accomplishments in striking? Yep.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 3:40:26PM

Posted by mikevolz

You'd be hard pressed to find someone in MMA who's as good at striking as Mirko. Especially in the HW division. I have to disagree with you. Based on over all technical skill Crop Cop is probably the greatest HW striker in MMA history. I'm willing to listen to names of people you think are better than him
warglory
5/2/10 4:44:51PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by mikevolz

You'd be hard pressed to find someone in MMA who's as good at striking as Mirko. Especially in the HW division. I have to disagree with you. Based on over all technical skill Crop Cop is probably the greatest HW striker in MMA history. I'm willing to listen to names of people you think are better than him

I agree, we also have to take into consideration era. During his heyday 4-5 years ago, Mirko was easily the most feared striker in the sport, let alone the heavyweight division. Now that we have absurdities like Anderson Silva and Dos Santos walking around, we have added new elements to the striking game, but it's all about era when determining someone's legacy.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 5:17:37PM
We actually don't even know how good Dos Santos is at striking, either. We have yet to see him in a war. I can't wait for him to get into one so I can see how good that man is. I am a huge Dos Santos fan. When Mirko fought in Pride there was a lot of talent at their prime and he handily dispatched them with his aggressive striking and devastating kicks.
BustedKnuckle
5/2/10 8:51:01PM
Great video. Pat is the man. He is totaly humble, and yet asserts his confidence. I loved the part where he was taling about him and his brother saying" I hope to hell i never have to fight that guy". then saying " I must be doing somthing right in being givin the chance to fight him". Seems like a great ambassador for the sport and I think he will get it done against CC. WAR PAT BARRY LEG KICKS FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................sorry Mirko
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 9:04:25PM
I'm excited to how far Pat Barry can go in the UFC. He's a genuine guy with an enormous amount of talent. He needs to develop a decent ground game to accompany his great striking but I do love him as a person and as a fighter.