Video: Lithuanian Strongman Robert Burneika Makes His MMA Debut

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Video: Lithuanian Strongman Robert Burneika Makes His MMA Debut
Budgellism
5/1/12 6:33:00PM
For those Polish MMA fans whose jones to see muscle-bound power-lifting body-builder types floundering around inside a mixed martial arts cage wasn't satisfied by World's Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski, we have a new hero to pin our hopes on: Lithuanian power-lifter Robert Burneika who made his MMA debut in the main event of MMA Attack 2, April 27th in Spodek, Poland against Marcin "El Testosteron" Najman (0-3)

Fans may recall that Pudzianowksi made his pro MMA debut against Najman before moving on to stellar competition such as Eric "Butterbean" Esch, Tim Sylvia and James Thompson. The sky is truly the limit for Burneika as he's got a very comparable skill-set to Pudz: lots of beefy lumbering, awkward kicks and punches and some really impressive moves in the flex off.

LINK
Budgellism
5/1/12 6:37:07PM
This guy is not going to do well in mma

And what's with the ref not stepping in at the end of the 1st?
cowcatcher
5/1/12 7:24:21PM
After seeing that, it's obvious that the match has to get made...

Kalib Starnes vs. Marcin "El Testosteron" Najman!
Sir_Karl
5/1/12 8:34:16PM
These bodybuilding/strongman types have no agility or balance. They have a high core/center of gravity which allows easy takedowns and they have no power or technique in their strikes.Their footwork is beyond terrible. They look like a fat guy fighting. Any lower tier fighter with just a little experience and/or training should be able to whoop up on guys like this. Bodybuilding/weightlifting is definitely not a stepping stone into MMA. The guy is lucky he got the win....if his opponent wasn't so frightened he wouldn't have.They are good for a good laugh though.
RearNakedJoke
5/2/12 2:22:28AM
its a good thing they put that bar in the upper right corner or i would have thought i was watching a track meet.
Svartorm
5/2/12 1:15:45PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

These bodybuilding/strongman types have no agility or balance. They have a high core/center of gravity which allows easy takedowns and they have no power or technique in their strikes.Their footwork is beyond terrible. They look like a fat guy fighting. Any lower tier fighter with just a little experience and/or training should be able to whoop up on guys like this. Bodybuilding/weightlifting is definitely not a stepping stone into MMA. The guy is lucky he got the win....if his opponent wasn't so frightened he wouldn't have.They are good for a good laugh though.

Back in the day I actually fought a strongman in submission grappling. It's honestly sheer terror to face someone that strong for the first minute or so because you literally can't do anything until they wear down. They beat themselves before you ever actually beat them.
tallica62
5/2/12 6:28:49PM
I saw this the other day..he looked horrible

and he looked like one of those guys in those photoshopped body building ads on the websites