Video: Kimbo Slice Scores One Punch Knockout in Second Boxing Match

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Video: Kimbo Slice Scores One Punch Knockout in Second Boxing Match
Budgellism
10/16/11 10:06:37AM
Kimbo Slice may (or may not) be done with MMA but he's finding success against the lowest level heavyweights boxing has to offer. Earlier in the week a press release came out to hype his most recent fight in which Gary Shaw Promotions talked abut Slice facing Ray Bledsoe. The man's name is Tay, not Ray.

Regardless, Tay Bledsoe entered the ring with a 2-3 record having won his first two bouts and then getting knocked out in 1:18 of the first round, 1:35 of the first round and 0:55 of the second round. Needless to say, this was not exactly a bout that many in the boxing world will be taking too seriously, regardless of what Jared Shaw might say.

LINK
FastKnockout
10/16/11 12:39:59PM
I hate to be that guy, but I don't think that KO was legit.
Kpro
10/16/11 12:51:36PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I hate to be that guy, but I don't think that KO was legit.

Everyone here is that guy.
FastKnockout
10/16/11 1:30:04PM
Ignore this. Didn't mean to post.
prophecy033
10/16/11 2:59:55PM
What kinda cans is this guy fighting, jeez?
pmoney
10/16/11 4:52:27PM
This is why I said boxing makes me sad these days. It seems to me like these fights are so ridiculously mismatched, the fix is in on all levels of the sport. You watch Friday Night Fights and it's 7-0 guys fighting 4-8 guys.

Sure, you have that in MMA. Travis Fulton KO'ed one guy like 5 times in a span of no more than 6 months, and his opponent's record ended up at like 2-20. But you can see that for what it is. That may be happening on the regional can crushing circuit, but that's not happening in the major promotions in MMA anymore. It seems to me, that type of record padding, and just general sham fights, is what boxing is today.

And Re: Kimbo specifically, I am more impressed with his opponents ability to get KO'ed than anything. He has a future in this game!
grappler0000
10/16/11 5:23:17PM
He couldn't seem to knock anyone out cold in MMA, but he puts more padding on his hands and needs like 4 punches to KO 2 opponents...it's gotta be that extra padding that's doing the trick.
emfleek
10/16/11 5:33:17PM

Posted by grappler0000

He couldn't seem to knock anyone out cold in MMA, but he puts more padding on his hands and needs like 4 punches to KO 2 opponents...it's gotta be that extra padding that's doing the trick.

That, or the fact that he's fighting drunken 7-11 cashiers.
grappler0000
10/16/11 5:46:51PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by grappler0000

Very true.
postman
10/16/11 7:44:03PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by emfleek

Posted by grappler0000

Very true.

HAHAHA a throw back to the old days!
ghandikush
10/16/11 9:17:22PM

Posted by prophecy033

Boxing int mma, thi i what you do in boxing, he wont fight a test until his 5th fight probably.
prophecy033
10/17/11 3:14:50AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

Boxing int mma, thi i what you do in boxing, he wont fight a test until his 5th fight probably.

that's why boxing is dying, along with a plethora of other things
postman
10/17/11 9:17:49AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

I'm fairly in tune with my regional mma circuit and if you think a prospect making his pro debut is getting anything other then a can then your sadly mistaken.
Theoutlaw08
10/17/11 9:21:06AM
He looked large, he's putting on some pounds.
prophecy033
10/17/11 10:22:10AM

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

I'm fairly in tune with my regional mma circuit and if you think a prospect making his pro debut is getting anything other then a can then your sadly mistaken.

can kimbo really be called a prospect at this point? If you think so, your the one that's sadly mistaken. They wanna feed him cans to pad his record, plain and simple
scoozna
10/17/11 3:06:48PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

He looked large, he's putting on some pounds.

The article said he was 244...they should change his nickname from "Slice" to "Whole Pie"
postman
10/17/11 3:07:08PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

can kimbo really be called a prospect at this point? If you think so, your the one that's sadly mistaken. They wanna feed him cans to pad his record, plain and simple

Clearly he is not. I was refering to the comment that boxers are not tested until their 5th fight. All I was saying is the same thing happens in mma.

Ever hear of:
Moyses Gabin
Parker Porter
Ryan Verrett
Anthony Pina
Carlos Eduardo
Brad Bernard
They are the first 6 wins of Jon Jones carrer.
prophecy033
10/17/11 3:54:11PM
Then you also have these in MMA

Shane Carwin
Frank Mir
Randy Couture
Heath Herring
Frank Mir
Min-Soo Kim

Brock Lesnar's first 6
postman
10/18/11 8:42:27AM

Posted by prophecy033

Then you also have these in MMA

Shane Carwin
Frank Mir
Randy Couture
Heath Herring
Frank Mir
Min-Soo Kim

Brock Lesnar's first 6

Poor bastered was put through the ringer. I'm pretty sure your not going to see too much of that.
emfleek
10/18/11 8:47:39AM

Posted by postman

Poor bastered was put through the ringer. I'm pretty sure your not going to see too much of that.

I doubt you'll see it again, actually.
mrsmiley
10/18/11 10:22:11AM
I think with Brock it was almost something the company felt they had to do.
He was such a big deal coming into the UFC i'm guessing,Dana,Joe Silva,etc,probably figured if a big figure like lesnar was going to lose,he couldn't drop a loss to an opponent that didn't even have a name and to Brocks credit he has done pretty damn good.