(Video Interview) Varner talks Cerrone, future opponents, and a potential move to UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » (Video Interview) Varner talks Cerrone, future opponents, and a potential move to UFC
Jackelope
12/9/08 4:26:09PM
World Extreme Cagefighting lightweight champion Jamie Varner seems to have adjusted to life with a belt wrapped around his waist.

As he approaches his second title defense, this one against undefeated Donald Cerrone next month, the confident 23-year-old remains focused on maintaining his status as the WEC’s top 155-pound fighter. Success has only strengthened his resolve.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Varner-Its-Good-to-be-on-Top-1851

Jackelope
12/9/08 4:27:23PM
Interesting points he brings up about WEC vs. UFC. I have to be honest when I admit that I hadn't thought of that kind of a comparison before. The talent pool is getting deeper. Just like Condit, though... when people start breaking the top 10 ranks while in the WEC the fans will want to see them fight the big dogs in the UFC.
higdon10
12/9/08 4:34:12PM
I think that Varner will get through Cerrone and then make the move to the UFC where he will be a Top 10 LW.
wiggum
12/9/08 5:15:09PM

Posted by higdon10

I think that Varner will get through Cerrone and then make the move to the UFC where he will be a Top 10 LW.

he's got the potential too....i think he is underated even tho he's champ actually..comes from a great camp too..he was handing it to franca at ufc 62 (?) before gasing and getting caught in an armbar......we'll see tho, that 155 weight class is deep