Video Interview: Couture talking about Lesnar - Great!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Video Interview: Couture talking about Lesnar - Great!
kastro_316
9/26/08 3:44:57PM

DreamFighters.com

GREAT interview with Couture talking about Lesnar!
Bowen50
9/26/08 4:53:22PM
Rany always gives a great interview. what he's doing with the GI foundation is awesome. i can't wait to see him fight Lesnar. Randy round 3 TKO

WAR RANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disorderlyvision
9/26/08 5:48:41PM
I am rooting for Lesnar. not because i like him, but because i am sick of all of Randy's crap over the last year+ it would serve him right to lose.
Darnok
9/26/08 6:05:06PM
I am rooting for Lesnar as well but only because everyone else I know, all my friends and my wife are big Couture nuthuggers. So I had to buck the trend and go with Lesnar.
casey64
9/26/08 6:06:16PM
I got Lesnar rd 2 TKO.
motorboatensob
9/26/08 6:21:28PM
Randy looked so small like he did at 205, he only has about two months left better start hitting the food court in Vegas. I see Lesnar just being to much for him unless he can put him up against the cage and get him on his back.
saemskin
9/27/08 12:14:04AM
Gonzaga is almost as big as Lesnar and Randy didn't seem to have too much trouble keeping him against the cage.
The thing about Randy is that he has this ability to do something very early on that relatively neutralizes the other guy.

Gonzaga got Randy's forehead smashed into his nose and crushed it. That ruined GG for the rest of the fight. Try as he might, he was totally off his game after that, but still broke Randy's arm. That says alot about how dangerous the guy is, but I digress.

Sylvia got cracked straight away and was out on his feet until the beginning of the 4th round. He admitted it himself and when I rewatched the fight, in between rounds 3 and 4 he asked his corner "what round is this?" whoa. He definitely got cracked.

I'm sure there are other examples of Randy's exemplary game plan in action, but those are the 2 that stand out to me.
TimW001
9/27/08 12:31:01AM

Posted by saemskin

Gonzaga is almost as big as Lesnar.

What?
DevonFoxy
9/27/08 12:48:30AM
Gonzaga is probably a good 20 pounds less than Lesnar at weigh ins and probably 30 after so I don't think that's a proper gauge.

Tim is a proper gauge in size when leveled out imo but Tim only had striking and nowhere near the wrestling credentials as Lesnar.

Alot comes into play in this fight. The one thing I have a feeling people are not taking into account is if this fight goes beyond the 3rd round Lesnar will be gassed imo. I know he has great stamina but when you have to deal with the big stage in a main event fight and all that adrenaline is going no way do I see Lesnar being able to keep his cool and not gas.

Randy is one of the best fighters when it comes to the mental aspect and this fight will def. test everything. So excited for this fight because its gonna be money making time imo.
MixedMartialArts
9/27/08 2:39:25AM
I love Randy and everything, but Lesnar is gonna kick his ass. Randy is gonna get a beating like never before....So After that Lesnar will beat the winner of Nog and Mir, and then he will lose to Fedor .
disorderlyvision
9/27/08 10:22:55AM

Posted by MixedMartialArts

I love Randy and everything, but Lesnar is gonna kick his ass. Randy is gonna get a beating like never before....So After that Lesnar will beat the winner of Nog and Mir, and then he will lose to Fedor .

you must be delusional. he isn't beating nog
saemskin
9/27/08 1:48:00PM
For christs sake, is it necessary to argue semantics?
GG is 6'2" and 252 according to Sherdog
Lesnar is 6'2" and 265 according to Sherdong

Do you want to tell me again that for the purposes of the point I was making they aren't a very SIMILAR size?
disorderlyvision
9/27/08 2:24:24PM

Posted by saemskin

For christs sake, is it necessary to argue semantics?
GG is 6'2" and 252 according to Sherdog
Lesnar is 6'2" and 265 according to Sherdong

Do you want to tell me again that for the purposes of the point I was making they aren't a very SIMILAR size?

but lesnar comes into the fight at 280+