Video Games you are looking forward to

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Video Games you are looking forward to
Next Page »
Cladrix
2/22/08 12:45:59AM
I am a huge gamer. And I know alot of people on here are too. My question is.... what are the games that you just can't wait for them to come out??

My list:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Huge fan of the whole franchise..... cant wait to see what Kojima does the end this epic saga.
MSG4 Trailer

Left 4 Dead: First person zombie shooter. This game looks AMAZING!!!!! See for yourself.
Left 4 Dead Gameplay

Silent Hill 5: Big fan of the series. I would post a video but the gameplay videos dont show alot. I think they did that because its coming out mid summer I believe.

Resident Evil 5: You have to love zombie games.
Resident Evil 5

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed!!!!!: This game looks absolutely SICK!!!!
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed!!!!

UFC: 2009: The UFC hasn't come out with a new video game in quite a while now. I thnk this game will be nothing short than amazing. I cant wait for UFC 84...... WAR THQ!!!!....... Everybody has seen the video teaser for the game so I will not post it.

Super Smash Bros: Brawl: I used to like to play Smash Bros. Melee fpr the game cube and the original for the N64. This game has to be the funnest Ive ever played.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

What games are u guys waiting for?
hotrodttt
2/22/08 12:50:36AM
Gears of War 2 - Everybody knows how Great the 1st game was and the 2nd will be even better

Trailer
Shawn91111
2/22/08 12:51:41AM
GTA4 without a doubt, I rebought San Andreas after I sold it just ebcause it was an awesome game
Cladrix
2/22/08 1:01:14AM

Posted by Shawn91111

GTA4 without a doubt, I rebought San Andreas after I sold it just ebcause it was an awesome game

DAMNIT!!!!..... I knew I forgot one...... GTA4 is going to be amazing. I still cant believe I left it out.
Pookie
2/22/08 1:04:14AM
Tekken 6 and now SF: 4
BlazinSaddle
2/22/08 1:34:20AM
Metal Gear 4..... (hope it lives up to the hype, i think it will)
GTA 4..... (going to be the best game in its time)
UFC 2009..... (also hope it lives up to hype, lots of questions about it still)
Jimbo
2/22/08 2:39:18AM
The main one for me is super smash brawl, i still play melee almost everyday and i never get tired of it.

Also im a huge street fighter fan, so the new street fighter should be pretty damn sweet.

And GTA4 is also going to be awesome
ufcboss
2/22/08 3:00:27AM
-Grand Theft Auto 4

-Resident Evil 5

-Street Fighter 4

Those are the 3 I would do nearly anything for.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
NewGuy
2/22/08 7:05:05AM
Clancy's Endwar looks great, also Gears 2 will be spectacular
SmileR
2/22/08 10:06:06AM
Fable 2!!!!!
thw first game took over my life when i was 17!!
Salty
2/22/08 10:11:43AM
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
The first one was amazing, I loved the cover system and the online play.

Left 4 Dead
Looks awesome I love zombies

and of course UFC 2009
Aaronno9
2/22/08 10:12:44AM
I really cant wait for resident evil 5. Its easily my favourite game series, i still remember nearly shitting myself and turning my ps1 off as fast as i could the first time you encounter a zombie in the mansion on resident evil one lol.

Im also really looking forward to gta4, and gears of war 2. Ive never heard of left for dead, but it looks like a game ill be buying after watching the vid you posted.
gsquat
2/22/08 11:34:38AM
GTA4: San Andreas was a fell a little short of Vice City, but was fun nonetheless. I'm anicipating the most solid GTA game with all the glitches and annoying things about the game worked out, leaving us with an absolute masterpiece of a game.

Resident Evil 5: What can be done to improve on RE4? I've played and beat the game 4 times (gotta love the infinite rocket launcher). I don't think much can be done to improve on gameplay. So give us the same game in a different setting with some new weapons, a new storyline and better graphics and I'll be sitting on my ass for several days straight.

UFC 2009: I'm sorry but that trailer does things to me I can't even explain. I know its just s trailer and it doesnt represent actual gameplay, but as much time as they're taking to make this game its gotta be good. As an MMA fan and hardcore gamer I expect this game to be one of my all-time favorites. I'd better be able to be Rashad or there will be hell to pay.

Mario Kart Wii: Left feeling a little empty from Double Dash, my craving for some good ole' Kartin' action is undeniable. To be able to turn an actual wheel while playing and perhaps smash into the person next to you is all I ever wanted in my Mario Kart world.
Silent-Sir
2/22/08 12:15:32PM
GTA IV (easily my most anticipated game of the year.)
Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Spore
Metal Gear Solid 4
Resident Evil 5

Any sequel to either Guitar Hero or Rockband.
AchillesHeel
2/22/08 12:35:08PM
Rush
2/22/08 1:14:03PM
Starcraft 2
CornishMMA
2/22/08 1:17:07PM
Im pretty much all about GTA tbh, ever since GTA3 came out i havnt been able to enjoy any other video games quite as much as them, RE4 came close, and ive really enjoyed mario galaxy and hitman but Vice City remains my fave game ever. SA was a dissapointment for me but GTA4 will be friggin AWESOME

Check out the fighting in it! lol

HERE IS A LINK TO THE OFFICIAL GTA4 SITE
iwannabesedated
2/22/08 1:20:29PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Im pretty much all about GTA tbh, ever since GTA3 came out i havnt been able to enjoy any other video games quite as much as them, RE4 came close, and ive really enjoyed mario galaxy and hitman but Vice City remains my fave game ever. SA was a dissapointment for me but GTA4 will be friggin AWESOME

Check out the fighting in it! lol

HERE IS A LINK TO THE OFFICIAL GTA4 SITE

Thanks for the link man.....GTA on Xbox live...is going to be sick.

I think i just pitched a tent..
AchillesHeel
2/22/08 1:26:47PM

Posted by Rush

Starcraft 2

I'm guarded about this one. It seems like the trend in RTS games has been to strip them down and make them faster and faster. It seems like they've become more reflexes-driven and less thought-driven. I'd love to see SC2 buck the trend and put the strategy back in RTS, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
gsquat
2/22/08 3:30:51PM
... oh, Fallout 3.
Leland
2/22/08 4:08:26PM
UFC
GTA4
Age of Conan
Spore
Rush
2/22/08 4:28:07PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I'm guarded about this one. It seems like the trend in RTS games has been to strip them down and make them faster and faster. It seems like they've become more reflexes-driven and less thought-driven. I'd love to see SC2 buck the trend and put the strategy back in RTS, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I agree, the trick to being an elite RTS player is speed in addition to strategy.

But thinking fast is a part of strategy IMO. The other RTS games I've played (mostly the AGE OF... series) are not very speed oriented.

What games are you referring to that are primarily speed oriented?
AchillesHeel
2/22/08 5:14:11PM

Posted by gsquat

... oh, Fallout 3.

I forgot about that one. Silly me. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Posted by Leland

Spore

A "definite maybe." It looks darn cool, but so many games look darn cool and then fail miserably.

Posted by Rush

Company of Heroes is one that I played for a while.

The graphics are amazing, but the game's true genius is that the terrain really matters and the environments are completely, fully, utterly destructible. You can blow up houses, breach stone walls with tanks, block streets with barbed wire, set buildings on fire, and use your artillery to create fox holes for your infantry.

Unfortunately, speed was paramount. I won and lost games almost entirely on my ability to construct buildings and deploy units in the most time-efficient manner possible. Seconds counted. If you don't already know the map you're playing on, inside and out, you're simply screwed. If you spend any time at all examining the terrain or deciding what to do, you fall behind your opponent who already knows precisely where to place his machine gun crew, and you're all done.
DJDark41
2/22/08 7:35:23PM
Rainbow Six Vegas 2, new UFC game, and the next Hitman game.
Rush
2/22/08 9:01:21PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Company of Heroes is one that I played for a while.

The graphics are amazing, but the game's true genius is that the terrain really matters and the environments are completely, fully, utterly destructible. You can blow up houses, breach stone walls with tanks, block streets with barbed wire, set buildings on fire, and use your artillery to create fox holes for your infantry.

Unfortunately, speed was paramount. I won and lost games almost entirely on my ability to construct buildings and deploy units in the most time-efficient manner possible. Seconds counted. If you don't already know the map you're playing on, inside and out, you're simply screwed. If you spend any time at all examining the terrain or deciding what to do, you fall behind your opponent who already knows precisely where to place his machine gun crew, and you're all done.

The game does look amazing. I have a few other RTS games I want to play first before possibly trying this one.

In doing a little reading a review stated that the game speed was rather high and said that you can issue orders in paused mode if you want. I'm sure you probably know this, but in case you didn't

Going back to starcraft, the speed thing will not be an issue IMO. Like the original, I am sure Starcraft 2 will have an adjustable speed setting. In the original, I play on the fastest setting and it still is slow at times. I just get used to it, but I am nowhere near the speed of the "professional" players. I'd probably get my ass handed to me on battle.net by any advanced gamer. lol
Kracker_Jap
2/22/08 10:09:14PM
Lookin foward to the next

Grand turismo

Final Fantasy

Starcraft......

These are the only games I play period
Trapt1nw0nder
2/22/08 10:19:12PM
Fable 2
GTA 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Street Fighter 4
RE5
FarCry 2
GOW 2
Alone in the Dark
Fallout 3
Left4Dead
Mafia 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill V
Too Human
Prototype

Any boxing game i will love..
Don King's Prizefighters
Facebreaker
and of course UFC 09

and yes...i will own them ALL!
SpiderSilva
2/22/08 11:38:51PM
Madden 09
AchillesHeel
2/23/08 11:45:28AM

Posted by Rush

The game does look amazing. I have a few other RTS games I want to play first before possibly trying this one.

In doing a little reading a review stated that the game speed was rather high and said that you can issue orders in paused mode if you want. I'm sure you probably know this, but in case you didn't

I don't think you can pause during a multi-player game, although I admit that I never tried.

Posted by Rush

Going back to starcraft, the speed thing will not be an issue IMO. Like the original, I am sure Starcraft 2 will have an adjustable speed setting.

And looking at the previews of the game, the terrain won't be as critical as it is in Company of Heroes, which makes a huge difference. The next hurdle in RTS design, imho, will be to figure out how to make playable, randomly-generated maps for a game in which terrain is as complex and important as it is in Company of Heroes.

Posted by Rush

In the original, I play on the fastest setting and it still is slow at times. I just get used to it, but I am nowhere near the speed of the "professional" players. I'd probably get my ass handed to me on battle.net by any advanced gamer. lol

Yeah, some people can afford to play these games like they're training for the Olympics. I can't keep up with those players (nor would I want to, really).
Ordep
2/23/08 3:08:18PM

Soul Calibur 4

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy VII (PS3 Version) - PLZ Sony make this happens, you've tease all us with the Tech Demo now make it true. This should be a boost to the system sales.
Pages: [1] 2