Video Game Inspired Tirades

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Video Game Inspired Tirades
Next Page »
Jackelope
5/7/09 9:11:24PM
I just got done beating the living hell out of my guest bedroom's mattress after losing to the Seahawks (of all teams!) on Madden NFL 09 I know it's a bit childish, but here I am, a 27 year old man graduating college and beating the **** out of a mattress. It's kind of funny if you think about it it. (Or not)

After going on my tirade, it got me thinking- What game makes you guys go off the most, and have you ever done something totally stupid in a video game inspired rage?
postman
5/7/09 9:59:42PM
I would be shocked if Madden dosn't top this list. My parents bought me new conrolers for my Sega Genisis, Sega CD, Playstaion, Nintendo 64, and xbox.
I have bought new for one friends *** and anothers playstaion 3. I once broke a kids playstion controller but never replaced it. I have scratched prob 4 tv screens by throwing the controler also. All of these fits where during what I like to call "Madden Rage" it is the next big thing in the medical comunity and I will not make a dime off it even if I did come up with it me self! HaHa! Granted not all of the time was I playing Madden but everytime it was football.
Bowen50
5/7/09 11:13:39PM
i get really mad a video games. my worst tirade was back on PS2 while i was playing NCAA Football 2005 online. i lost on a hail mary on the last play of the game. i took my controller by the wire and swung it into my floor until it shattered into a bunch of pieces. afterwards i just started laughing at how ridiculous i was. i know i'll have some nice flip outs with UFC Undisputed.
Wolfenstein
5/7/09 11:38:22PM
NFL Blitz, it's like when you're in the lead, it doesn't matter what you do--if you pass it...it's somehow going to be an interception. Mariokart--of course you get a red shell at the friggin end--F you King Koopa, and I'll beat that Princesss' ass to! I just hate that game--glad I have a 3 60 now lol.
kopower
5/7/09 11:41:43PM
I haven't had a tirade for years. My last one was Mortal Kombat Trilogy for playstation. I think Shao Khan was the main boss and I had nearly full life left and needed just one more hit on him to win. Needless to say I ended up losing and lost it. I think I busted the controller and punched the tv but that was about it
Playground_Samurai
5/8/09 4:28:56AM
I get the urge to throw the controller at the television at least twice a day. If I were rich, I would have gone through a countless number of both by now.
Jackelope
5/8/09 9:02:05AM

Posted by Wolfenstein
Mariokart--of course you get a red shell at the friggin end--F you King Koopa, and I'll beat that Princesss' ass to!

The_Italian_Stallion
5/8/09 9:58:05AM
NCAA, Golf Games in General especially when you misread a shot and throw on your spin in the opposite direction...

A few years back I was playing a game called Star Ocean, which is a two disc game and the boss at the end of the first disc was the hardest mother******* I've ever seen in a video game... I took that game from 15 hours to 40 hours training for this dragon thing and still couldn't beat him... meanwhile my friend who I had been hours past before this has gotten to the final boss of the second disc...

To this day I don't play video games because of that, I realized just how angry I could be after I lost over and over to that same thing!!!

I did end up beating him but video games have just never been the same since for me, the fun is just gone.
Aaronno9
5/8/09 10:56:02AM
Ive had so many over the years, but one of my worst came about 3 days ago on fifa 09. I was beating this n00b like 3-0 at half time, could of easily been more. He knew it was done but he didnt want to quit out so he was just trying ridiculus things like shots from the half way line and runs with his goalkeeper. Any way, gets to about 60 minutes, and what do you know, he shoots from the half way line, and my teams goalkeeper just stands and watches as the ball goes over his head into the net. 3-1. Still not even a competive game, hes still shooting from the half way line and I was just trying to score the perfect goal. 75 minutes in he has it in the corner and whips a cross in. The cross hits the crossbar, drops onto my goalkeepers back, and roles in. Game on. I just assumed with these two huge slices of luck he'd been handed surely it couldnt go wrong again, but either way I best look for a 4th goal to be sure. 85th minute and I have a corner after dominating the game since he got his 2nd goal. Corner gets cleared, straight to the feet of Robin Van Persie, who proceeded to sprint the entire legnth of the pitch, beating any of my players who got near him, before slotting the ball into the back of the net. 3-3. I could feel my rage boiling over, but I had to stay calm and try to salvage the game. Anyways, it eventually went to a pentaly shootout, he scored all 5 of his, id scored 4 and was about to take my 5th. Lional Messi stepped up to take it, and I was pretty confident, his pentalty taking ability is high, so even if the keeper goes the right way it should still end up in the back of the net. I should of saw it coming. Messi proceeded to blast the ball about 4 yards over the bar.

I now own 3 parts of a fifa 09 disk and an Xbox control with no shell. And a warning from my mom, something along the lines of "if I ever hear that kind of languange in my house again, you'll be sleeping in the shed." Luckily, the nearest thing to me was my blanket, so my knuckles where saved from any harm after lashing out one id hurled my control across the room.
seanfu
5/8/09 12:20:34PM
Def Jam Fight For New York was the most frustrating ass game ever. I would be playing the game on hard and was really good at it but in the game you have to actually use a finisher to win.

I beat the **** out of this guy for 10 minutes straight and he get's lucky and knocks me into a train. REDICULOUS!!!!

I've had so many occasions where I flip out.

I tried playing nascar and it takes just the tiniest nudge to flip you out and ruin the race and that **** happened.

Most controller busting game ever though was Need for Speed series, and Underground 1 to be specific. I busted 2 controllers, cracked a chunk out the tv, and destroyed the disk.

I can't stand erratic arcady ****.
DJDark41
5/8/09 12:56:21PM
NHL 09 - People who do glitch goals, when my goalie turns into a pile of bricks(in the bad way)and the other goalie, rated 78 overall, stops 60 shots when I play as the Red Wings. Gets me endlessly frustrated

Call of Duty 4/WAW - MP40/M16, random grenades.
cowcatcher
5/8/09 3:45:35PM
im not the type that freaks out over a game, i dont know that i ever have, but i am a big **** talker when i play and that has led to some pretty good meltdowns by my buddies. the best was when we were playing an old wrestling game on the gamecube, i dont remember which one it was but when you were hurt you would just stay down on the mat forever. so my buddy nick danger and i are playing and im whooping on him so i start saying "thats how you do a move!" after every move i did and since he was beat up he could only lay there and wait for the next move. so this went on with me scream ing thats how you do a move at him for about 15 minutes because i wouldnt end the match. eventualy he stands up furious and breaks my kids controller in half and yells back at me "thats how you do a break!" and storms out of my house and has a smoke. i still say that to him every time i have a chance. some others that piss my friends off when i say them in a passive aggressive tone are "you did your best" and "good luck" its hilarious how easy it is to get a rise out of people by saying nice things when they know you arent sincere.
Kpro
5/8/09 5:29:08PM
It doesn't take one thing to get me pissed, it's moreso repeated attempts without success.

I remember on Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing for Sega Genesis, it took me 20 times to beat Evander even with my green-skinned hidden character, Beast.

I think the judges were shafting me because of my skin color though.
hotrodttt
5/8/09 8:39:23PM
When I play Call of Duty I usually get pissed but one time I got so mad that I yelled f**k hella loud then jumped up and my head broke a flourescent light lol
telnights
5/8/09 9:03:01PM

Posted by Kpro
I think the judges were shafting me because of my skin color though.

I don't play console near as much as I do my PC. But I have broken a large number of Mice.
Amigop
5/9/09 12:26:53AM
i was playing WII boxing and every time u even think about droping your hands, u get hit like 15 times for the instant KO after you Knocked down the guy ur boxing 5 times b4
Mattchoo
5/9/09 8:56:42AM
Call Of Duty 4 & 5

Oh. My. GODD. Possiby the most frustrating anger problem inducing game there is. Nothing can generate as much rage as a kill streak being ended by a random grenade somewhere, or some claymore or bouncing betty around a corner!

Im not even getting a headset in fear of the abuse I would dish out when i die!
The_Ho_Bag
5/9/09 10:49:24PM
JJ freak use to punch hole and toss remotes after id beat him fifa =) lmaoooo

he needs to post , but his lady friend is more important then us =[
Svartorm
5/11/09 1:04:58AM
WWF Raw for Super NES. The game was basically just how fast you could hit a button and win "lock ups", which made the game basically impossible at higher difficulties, because the human hand can't possibly hit a button as fast as a ******* computer character. Not only did I kill controllers hitting the buttons so damn fast, but I snapped one in half in a rage.

As for Mario Kart, I was one of the five best players in the country for the original game, so I didn't flip out too bad, but I caused a lot of people to wreck their controllers, and one guy actually threw his game into the woods after a bout.
breakdown5
5/11/09 9:42:15AM
I've had a few with Tekken Tag back in the day. My friends were good enough to compete in the tournaments, but I'm not that great. There were many threats of real life violence from me to my condescending friends after they kick my ass all over the place in the game. I've also come really close to smashing my guitar hero guitar on the ground and setting it on fire Hendrix style.
Jackelope
5/11/09 10:49:43AM

Posted by Svartorm

WWF Raw for Super NES. The game was basically just how fast you could hit a button and win "lock ups", which made the game basically impossible at higher difficulties, because the human hand can't possibly hit a button as fast as a ******* computer character. Not only did I kill controllers hitting the buttons so damn fast, but I snapped one in half in a rage.

As for Mario Kart, I was one of the five best players in the country for the original game, so I didn't flip out too bad, but I caused a lot of people to wreck their controllers, and one guy actually threw his game into the woods after a bout.

Is that the old one with Doink the Clown, Diesel, Razor Ramon, and others? I used to play that game all the time back in the day. I would get so pissed at royal rumbles when I was dominating and then little bitch 1-2-3 Kid would come in and throw my big ass out the ring (I usually played as Razor Ramon or Bam Bam Bigelow)
Svartorm
5/11/09 11:48:36AM
Yup, thats the one. 1-2-3 Kid would hip toss Yokozuna over the top rope like he wasn't even there.
NeaRMisS
5/11/09 2:42:34PM
I dont play many console games anymore, but I use to play broodwar WAY to much... Anyhow, I have broken keyboards / mice non stop. Stupid T_T

I've punched holes thru doors, ripped a door of the wall cause I was so pissed after toying with a guy for 15 min.

Anger classes were needed @ that time I am sure of it. Oh wellz over that stage now. ^^
mrsmiley
5/12/09 7:22:49PM
True story.

My dad once knocked over our Christmas tree because the computer kept beating him on Hot Shots Golf for the original Playstation.
warglory
5/19/09 8:31:37PM
******* Halo and those ******* sticky bombs. I used to be a ******* pro at running backwards and tossing sticky bombs, and it would make my friends absolutely livid. As for me, when people would camp and hit you with sniper fire and just camp like little bitches. Omg that pissed me off so bad.
Pookie
5/20/09 3:24:46AM
How the **** can Huerta tap out BJ penn in less than a minute when penn has thrown like 2 strikes the whole fight? Because someone knows something i dont. I was yelling and screaming for a good 15 minutes thanks to UFC undisputed.

I need a turbo controller
Aaronno9
5/20/09 3:33:15AM
Apparantly everybodies just spamming subs with turbo controllers online. I hope they fix this quick, its put me off already.
mentalcase
5/20/09 4:31:05AM
when i play COD 4 i sometimes yell out stuff like "WHY WONT YOU JUST FUKING DIE YOU PEICE OF SH IT, I SHOT YOU LIKE 5 TIMES, FUK!!"

Pookie
5/20/09 4:39:28AM

Posted by mentalcase

when i play COD 4 i sometimes yell out stuff like "WHY WONT YOU JUST FUKING DIE YOU PEICE OF SH IT, I SHOT YOU LIKE 5 TIMES, FUK!!"

Dude you really do have a thick ass Aussie Accent man! Yeah thats entirely off topic but damn!
The_Ho_Bag
5/20/09 11:06:51AM

Posted by mentalcase

in COD4 when ppl bunny hope then knife you. or when some lame new guy drops a marty on you , i got kicked outta so many servers for callin them panzis and cursing for hours.

or

when you get noobtubed by a guy who has overkill with two primary's equiped with the nade launcher.
Pages: [1] 2