Video game you're playing

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Video game you're playing
Kpro
10/4/11 7:42:23PM
I recently finished Deux EX: Human Revolution and Dead Island and just bought Rage today and pre-ordered Skyrim and Assassins Creed 3. What game or games are you playing right now?
sparky
10/4/11 7:50:04PM
cabelas 2012 waiting on the new resident evil
Chael_Sonnen
10/4/11 8:45:50PM
Pitfall for the Atari
kopower
10/4/11 8:54:00PM

Posted by Kpro

I recently finished Deux EX: Human Revolution and Dead Island and just bought Rage today and pre-ordered Skyrim and Assassins Creed 3. What game or games are you playing right now?

How is rage? The gameplay looked pretty sick. I'm waiting on Mass Effect 3. After I take my boards, and become registered, and don't have to study anymore, I would like to get into gaming more. Looking at all the Gears of War, possibly Bioshock, and maybe a few others. As you can tell, I have a lot of catching up to do.
prophecy033
10/4/11 9:13:46PM
Madden 2012, Battlefield Bad Company 1&2, and Duke Nukem: Forever
prophecy033
10/4/11 9:15:08PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Kpro

How is rage? The gameplay looked pretty sick. I'm waiting on Mass Effect 3. After I take my boards, and become registered, and don't have to study anymore, I would like to get into gaming more. Looking at all the Gears of War, possibly Bioshock, and maybe a few others. As you can tell, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Mass Effect is the shit. Bioshock 1&2 are alright as well
Kpro
10/4/11 9:16:12PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Kpro

It's great so far. Reviews have said it takes 12 hours to beat but reviews also say Dead Island takes 20+ and I put over 60 into it with all the sub-missions and leveling, said Deus Ex takes 20 and I put about 50 into it, so I'm assuming 12 hours to a reviewer means I'll get at least 30 hours of gameplay out of it by doing all the sub-missions and exploring. But I'm barely 2 hours in right now. Best graphics I've ever seen in a console video game though easily.
LuckyCharms
10/4/11 9:20:28PM
Was playing Gears of War 3 until last Thursday when my screen froze up during multiplayer and now there some type of bug in the programming of Gears of War 3 that cause gameplay and title screens to freeze. Epic(the developers of GoW3) are still working on the problem. I feel that there will be no solution anytime soon.
FastKnockout
10/4/11 10:18:08PM
Just finished Resistance 3 last night. Looking to buy Rage in the next day or so.
Malaussie
10/5/11 4:00:52AM
Fifa 12, so looking forward to Skyrim!!!!! Oblivion was my first ever game on Xbox 360, I didn't buy another game for 2 months.
Khaos
10/5/11 4:23:23AM
A ton of pokemon nintendo ds games, GTA San Andreas, Mortal combat, both ufc games, and EA MMA.
Aether
10/5/11 5:16:19AM
starcraft 2 is the best game made in the last decade or so IMO and I've been playing it non-stop for over a year.

If I'm not playing starcraft 2 I'm probably playing some emulators on my computer, I recently re-played ocarina of time for the n64, thinking about playing some more good oldschool console games if anyone has suggestions too, I'm a zelda/megaman type of guy.

edit-

did you like dead island? I thought it was pretty awful and I just stopped playing about 2/3 of the way into the game, which is rare for me. Even if I dislike a game, if I'm more than halfway through it I will pretty much always finish it just because I've invested so much time, but I couldn't take it any more and uninstalled it from my computer.
Pookie
10/5/11 6:39:17AM
Fight night Champions. I have a weird compulsive habit where i go overdrive on the create a "(insert here)" sections of a game. I make arbitrary Anime characters until i manage to find a life.

Right now im in the middle of a 16 cartoon boxing tournament with

Superman; Batman; Naruto; Goku; Spiderman; Green Lantern; Hulk; Ironman; Captain America: Captain Marvel; Yuseke Urameshi; Ichigo Kurosaki: Spike Speigal; Mugen; Vegeta; and Fedor.
ChrisSabal
10/5/11 8:26:08AM
Battlefield 3 BETA I am playing. I think it is going to be a fantastic game by just playing the BETA and I am already having more fun playing it then I ever did with C.O.D.

I recently just quit playing Madden, I didn't think it was very good and I like last year's version a lot better. I also just got NBA 2k12 for $45 all thanks to eBay. So I'll spend a lot of time with that.

Then I will get BF3 and can't wait for 11/11/11 for the greatest game of all time to come out in Elder Scrolls Skyrim.
gartface
10/5/11 9:05:51AM
Gears of War 3. That's been the extent of my video gaming over the past few weeks. Before that it was Fifa 11. Still haven't snagged 12, but I've been busy, and when I've had time to play games, I want to play Gears. It's just that good!
emfleek
10/5/11 10:01:06AM
I miss video games.

Boo_Radley21
10/5/11 10:08:40AM
Always rockin the NHL 09 or UFC 2010
papercut
10/5/11 12:34:13PM
gears 3 and madden 12
Theoutlaw08
10/5/11 4:53:54PM
Madden 12 Superstar Mode and Franchise.
Hendo67
10/6/11 1:41:20PM
NHL 12, and Gran Turismo 5 (absolutely hooked)
BigBadAl
10/6/11 5:02:07PM
Gears 3
kopower
10/14/11 10:55:24PM
Just picked up Crysis 2 for 15 bucks. Still getting used to it. Graphics are pretty sweet. Gameplay is decent so far. I think I'm so stuck on Mass Effect 2's gameplay that it could take me a bit to transition.
Kpro
10/15/11 12:02:27AM

Posted by Aether

did you like dead island? I thought it was pretty awful and I just stopped playing about 2/3 of the way into the game, which is rare for me. Even if I dislike a game, if I'm more than halfway through it I will pretty much always finish it just because I've invested so much time, but I couldn't take it any more and uninstalled it from my computer.

Yeah, I had a blast, I played the console version though. Dunno how the computer version differs. I used the chick good with machetes. I imagine the play experience can differ depending which of the 4 characters you choose. I was in a zombie decapitation frenzy.

I'm nearing 35 hours into RAGE. I have buddies who beat it in 12 but that's pointless to me. I do every side-quest, every race, find all the collector cards, do all the jumps, play all the mini-games etc. Why buy a game if you're just going to try to beat it as quick as you can and miss out on most of the game.

Will be picking up Uncharted 3, Skyrim, and AC: Revelations in November. Going to have to look into the Batman game now too since it's getting such good reviews.
prophecy033
10/15/11 12:14:29AM
Just picked up the new NBA2K12- Larry Bird edition. Yet to play it. I saw the review in GameInformer. When you play the old time games, the picture is grainy and the games from the 70's are in techni-color
kopower
10/15/11 10:54:45PM
I'm about 5 hours into Crysis 2 and it has grown on me. The only thing I don't like at the moment, is only being able to carry 2 guns at a time. I'm hoping that will change as I progress. I'm also playing Mass Effect 2 again. I've only put about 3 hours in the second run through, but I've already noticed new conversations and paths I didn't have the opportunity to experience the first go round.

Another added bonus to having a baby, is all the free time I get at home now. My wife was a busy body, so we were always running around before the kid. Now, I spend most of my time at home, and when it's her turn to watch our son, I play video games