Video emerges of UFC Lightweight Rustam Khabilov flipping the bird, throwing ice on a McDonald's customer

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Video emerges of UFC Lightweight Rustam Khabilov flipping the bird, throwing ice on a McDonald's customer
Next Page »
FastKnockout
12/18/12 2:49:35PM
Team Greg Jackson fighter and UFC newcomer Rustam Khabilov is shown making obscene gestures and throwing ice on a fellow customer in this video with comments from the Jackson Gym.

Link
cowcatcher
12/18/12 2:52:40PM
I saw this yesterday, and I don't know how bad it really is. For one, I don't know the backstory of why he did it, and secondly, it was from 2010. Seems like a big pile of meh to me.
frizzzlecake
12/18/12 2:57:35PM
Jackson's MMA@JacksonsMMA
@John_S_Adams We did inquire on the incident which was a few years back. What the video does not show is the girl making fun of him first..

this made me chucke, I mean seriously? Well she made fun of him first.. COME ON MAN
NE-1
12/18/12 3:22:14PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

@John_S_Adams We did inquire on the incident which was a few years back. What the video does not show is the girl making fun of him first..

this made me chucke, I mean seriously? Well she made fun of him first.. COME ON MAN

You shouldn't dismiss her making fun of him. Didn't you see how distressed he looked from it in the video?

As far as it being "meh", wouldn't be so meh if it was your wife, mother, sister, girlfriend (you get the point). Was it awful? No. But it went beyond what is acceptable.
tcunningham
12/18/12 3:31:33PM
that was pretty funny actually. i have met some girls that needed an ass kicking and the only reason it didnt happen is because they are girls. some ice/soda thrown on her was harmless and probably just meant to piss her off. sometimes woman think they can be bitches and treat men however they want with out any repercussions, but its a bunch of crap.
cowcatcher
12/18/12 4:02:51PM

Posted by NE-1

Posted by frizzzlecake

You shouldn't dismiss her making fun of him. Didn't you see how distressed he looked from it in the video?

As far as it being "meh", wouldn't be so meh if it was your wife, mother, sister, girlfriend (you get the point). Was it awful? No. But it went beyond what is acceptable.

I might be a little pissed if it was my wife, mother, etc, but it's nothing I'd blow my top over, it was a little bit of ice. Who cares?
ncordless
12/18/12 4:10:57PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by NE-1

Posted by frizzzlecake

I might be a little pissed if it was my wife, mother, etc, but it's nothing I'd blow my top over, it was a little bit of ice. Who cares?

If it was my wife or mother, and I had been there, the video would have shown me getting suplexed onto the floor of the McDonald's.
cowcatcher
12/18/12 4:32:20PM
Don't get me wrong, if I'm there and anything happens to a female loved one, things would probably go further than I'd like them to. In the grand scheme of things though it's not something that we should blow out of proportion. But you're right NE-1, I wouldn't me so "meh" if I knew the person.

My main point is that as far as news or "criminal" types of behavior go, this is very mild. I think any decent person would react if something like this happened to a woman they care about.
Gogoplatapus
12/18/12 4:59:36PM
Got to love that jealous ass 'GOTCHYA' bullshit.

Kid Nate just eating that shit up. 'Look at the scoop I got fellas.'

Theoutlaw08
12/18/12 5:13:59PM
its actually kind of funny.
how cares, at least he didnt beat her.
MMAcca
12/18/12 5:14:29PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

I know he built Bloody Elbow up, but he's ruined it also
NE-1
12/18/12 5:33:55PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Don't get me wrong, if I'm there and anything happens to a female loved one, things would probably go further than I'd like them to. In the grand scheme of things though it's not something that we should blow out of proportion. But you're right NE-1, I wouldn't me so "meh" if I knew the person.

My main point is that as far as news or "criminal" types of behavior go, this is very mild. I think any decent person would react if something like this happened to a woman they care about.

No, I agree with you, it's fairly mild especially in the grand scheme of things as you said. I just think it's in poor taste for an athlete, especially one with the skill set of a fighter, to initiate physical contact with someone who is obviously not in a position to defend themself. Especially over "making fun" of someone.

Had he just told her to "f*** off" I would feel differently about it. I also thought it was kind of a pansy move for them to all to duck out after he did it. I guess I wouldn't wanna stick around for the bitching from all those hens either though. lol
shaneTpain
12/18/12 5:55:22PM

that was awesome.

& the whole "what if was your wife/girlfriend/sister" thing.. well she shouldn't be making fun of russian strangers in McD's anyways. you reap what you sow.

PS: fuck Bloodyelbow & the extremely ugly douche it rode in on!
jay98107
12/18/12 5:55:25PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

I know him, he's a good dude. Used to make picks here before he started writing for them. Unfortunately bloody elbow strikes me as borderline tabloid at times. It's like the TMZ of fight journalism.
jay98107
12/18/12 5:57:49PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

I know him, he's a good dude. Used to make picks here before he started writing for them. Unfortunately bloody elbow strikes me as borderline tabloid at times. It's like the TMZ of fight journalism.

Good lord, perfect example of what I'm talking about -
Link
spang714
12/18/12 5:59:25PM
Bubbles
12/18/12 6:55:52PM
bitch needs to learn some manners
Gogoplatapus
12/18/12 8:06:20PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by jay98107

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Kid Nate

Good lord, perfect example of what I'm talking about -
Link

You ruined my brain with that. GD Cut and Paste dot com.
aussiemma
12/18/12 8:23:53PM
stephanie tanner says - ''how rude !''
Sir_Karl
12/18/12 11:52:46PM
If she was indeed making fun of him beforehand then she got what she deserved. He made her accountable for her actions. Maybe it taught her to not make fun of people anymore. This is petty though. If she makes fun of the wrong person she might get more than ice thrown on her. I cold be wrong but I do believe that throwing ice on someone would be considered 2nd degree aggravated harassment. I found it quite funny actually. It was nothing more than some harmless "street justice" in my eyes.
bjj1605
12/19/12 12:22:12AM

Posted by NE-1
. I just think it's in poor taste for an athlete, especially one with the skill set of a fighter, to initiate physical contact with someone who is obviously not in a position to defend themself. Especially over "making fun" of someone.

He didn't initiate physical contact with her. He threw a drink on her.

Not a big deal.
NE-1
12/19/12 1:05:09AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1
. I just think it's in poor taste for an athlete, especially one with the skill set of a fighter, to initiate physical contact with someone who is obviously not in a position to defend themself. Especially over "making fun" of someone.

Not a big deal.

If something touches, you be it a person, or something thrown or manipulated by a person, that is by definition physical contact. And in case you disagree look it up, it's also considered so by law.
ncordless
12/19/12 1:25:17AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

Not a big deal.

If that's the way it worked, you'd see a lot more of people tossing acid on each other.
NE-1
12/19/12 1:37:20AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

Not a big deal.

Just cause I can't sleep. ...

"There are many behaviors and actions that can be classified as a battery, but any battery must involve physical contact with another person's body, clothes or even an "attachment" to their body such as an object in their hand. The physical contact can be done with a part of the defendant's own body (like a fist) or with an object controlled by the defendant. In all cases, the contact must be made on purpose."

Misdemeanor Battery (Simple Battery - Penal Code § 242)The prosecution must prove the following facts to convict a defendant of misdemeanor battery:Intent – the defendant intended to make physical contact with the victim Physical Contact – the defendant made actual physical contact with the victim, the victim's clothes, or something attached to the victim such as something in the victim's handViolent, Painful or Offensive Contact – in addition to violent or painful contact, non-violent contact that is nonetheless offensive to the victim can be charged as batteryNo Consent - the victim did not somehow agree to the physical contact

You're right though, misdemeanor battery on a woman, so not a big deal.
infestructure
12/19/12 1:54:53AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

Not a big deal.

So you'd be cool with someone throwing a drink over you? "oh hey thats alright man, I'll get another drink for you"
BillsNewAccount
12/19/12 8:54:57AM
Fucking Jackson fighters... I wouldn't be surprised if he greased himself with the fries before he hurled his drink.
airkerma
12/19/12 12:03:13PM
Some 13 year chick threw soda on me in line for a roller coaster. It was annoying but I survived and didn't feel the need to press charges for assault or whatever definition you can assign to it, regardless of what the law says. If my gf was being a total bitch to someone and they dumped soda on her I would probably say she deserved it...my couch is comfy enough.
bjj1605
12/19/12 1:52:55PM

Posted by NE-1

"There are many behaviors and actions that can be classified as a battery, but any battery must involve physical contact with another person's body, clothes or even an "attachment" to their body such as an object in their hand. The physical contact can be done with a part of the defendant's own body (like a fist) or with an object controlled by the defendant. In all cases, the contact must be made on purpose."

Misdemeanor Battery (Simple Battery - Penal Code § 242)The prosecution must prove the following facts to convict a defendant of misdemeanor battery:Intent – the defendant intended to make physical contact with the victim Physical Contact – the defendant made actual physical contact with the victim, the victim's clothes, or something attached to the victim such as something in the victim's handViolent, Painful or Offensive Contact – in addition to violent or painful contact, non-violent contact that is nonetheless offensive to the victim can be charged as batteryNo Consent - the victim did not somehow agree to the physical contact

I love when people do this.

I don't know what state that code is from but it is literally different everywhere. For instance, in Illinois, there is only one circumstance where throwing something can be battery.

(3) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause a correctional institution employee or Department of Human Services employee to come into contact with blood, seminal fluid, urine, or feces by throwing, tossing, or expelling the fluid or material, and the person is an inmate of a penal institution or is a sexually dangerous person or sexually violent person in the custody of the Department of Human Services.

Assuming she wasn't a "correctional institution employee" and that he wasn't "sexually dangerous person" this isn't battery by Illinois definitions.

More importantly, I'm not trying to be Khabilov's lawyer. I think what he did was kind of a douche move but not really anything to get worked up about.

Whether your state legally defines "throwing water" as battery or not is irrelevant to the conversation. By any common sense definition, throwing something is not initiating contact. You have to be physically touching.

Edit: Pretty much this

Posted by airkerma

Some 13 year chick threw soda on me in line for a roller coaster. It was annoying but I survived and didn't feel the need to press charges for assault or whatever definition you can assign to it, regardless of what the law says. If my gf was being a total bitch to someone and they dumped soda on her I would probably say she deserved it...my couch is comfy enough.

bjj1605
12/19/12 1:58:31PM

Posted by infestructure

So you'd be cool with someone throwing a drink over you? "oh hey thats alright man, I'll get another drink for you"

I actually got in a fight in high school for just this reason.

But you are putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying that girl doesn't have a right to be upset. Obviously she should be pissed.

But WE (as in the MMA community) have nothing to be upset about. This isn't a video of him violently putting the beat down on some innocent girl. She just got wet and possibly sticky.
NE-1
12/19/12 6:51:42PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by NE-1

I love when people do this.

I don't know what state that code is from but it is literally different everywhere. For instance, in Illinois, there is only one circumstance where throwing something can be battery.

(3) Knowingly causes or attempts to cause a correctional institution employee or Department of Human Services employee to come into contact with blood, seminal fluid, urine, or feces by throwing, tossing, or expelling the fluid or material, and the person is an inmate of a penal institution or is a sexually dangerous person or sexually violent person in the custody of the Department of Human Services.

Assuming she wasn't a "correctional institution employee" and that he wasn't "sexually dangerous person" this isn't battery by Illinois definitions.

More importantly, I'm not trying to be Khabilov's lawyer. I think what he did was kind of a douche move but not really anything to get worked up about.

Whether your state legally defines "throwing water" as battery or not is irrelevant to the conversation. By any common sense definition, throwing something is not initiating contact. You have to be physically touching.

Edit: Pretty much this

Posted by airkerma

http://www.criminallawyerillinois.com/2010/04/18/i-got-arrested-for-battery-what-are-the-penalties-under-illinois-law/

Might wanna let this lawyer and the several others that come up under a simple Google search kniw they are wrong... good job though chief
Pages: [1] 2