Video: Dana White Talks Return of Chuck Liddell, Having “No Interest” In Vitor Belfort, and Kimbo Slice on TUF 10

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Video: Dana White Talks Return of Chuck Liddell, Having “No Interest” In Vitor Belfort, and Kimbo Slice on TUF 10
cloud301336
6/30/09 4:04:09PM
Pretty cool interview, touches on alot of things going around these days

Linkmin
Rush
6/30/09 4:45:25PM
Dana - "I don't like to go out there and say stuff and blow smoke"

Seriously, there isn't much in this interview that says a whole lot. I'll save everyone the time I lost.

RE: Chuck - Basically says he doesn't know what is going on and will talk to Chuck later
RE: Crocop - says he doesn't know what's going on and hopes he retires in the UFC
RE: Vitor - says he is not interested right now. He's under contract with "someone else". Well, duh we knew that.
RE: TUF 10 - says he thinks it's the best TV they've put together.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/30/09 6:20:45PM
He also touches on the spoilers regarding kimbo on tuf that have been floating around . I heard sims snuck in an ipod with wifi.
sclasclemski
6/30/09 6:38:31PM
I thought it was kind of a weird interview...Dana was very vague with his answers...but I think they are trying to keep focus on UFC 100 right now...after that and the next Affliction card I hope the floodgates open with news of signings (Fedor, Vitor, Yvel would all be nice to say the least)
cowcatcher
6/30/09 8:02:31PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

He also touches on the spoilers regarding kimbo on tuf that have been floating around . I heard sims snuck in an ipod with wifi.

on that note let me just let remind everyone to keep those rumors to yourselves. id rather nip things in the bud ahead of time than have people posting the rumors on here and making people mad.

im not saying anything about you anderson, just that these things tend to get out of control.
Macheetah
6/30/09 10:11:16PM
Chuck is fighting Franklin at UFC 103, they have no choice. Belfort will also be signed most likely, if he gets past Jorge Santiago that is.

Affliction is going under after Trilogy, not only have there been talks about signing Belfort, but Yvel has also been talking about coming to the UFC.
sclasclemski
6/30/09 10:19:16PM
While I would be more than happy for all those things to occur I would say that all that information is hearsay...other than that yes Gilbert mentioned wanting to come to the UFC after his last fight
JahanJahkesh
7/1/09 12:22:38AM
what is going on here, Dana is the one who himself said Vitor was gonna get signed during tuf 9 finale, no one made him say it, he chose to say it, now he is saying this?

What is this guy doing?
Hendo67
7/1/09 3:30:10AM

Posted by JahanJahkesh

what is going on here, Dana is the one who himself said Vitor was gonna get signed during tuf 9 finale, no one made him say it, he chose to say it, now he is saying this?

What is this guy doing?

He didn't say that he was going to get signed, he hinted at a future match up @ 185. Yes, he mentioned Vitor, but no where did he say he was "signed"...

gnl68
7/1/09 7:00:05AM
Just another smoke screen from dana.Did he not know that vitor was under contract when he said he love to see vitor fight at 185.I mean maybe he caught some flak,and is now recanting.He knows better,i just think he said that earlier to piss of tom.