Video: Dana White, Forrest Griffin, and Kenny Florian on 'Dr. Phil'

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Video: Dana White, Forrest Griffin, and Kenny Florian on 'Dr. Phil'
MMAcca
5/16/09 1:04:42AM
seanfu
5/16/09 1:57:55AM
HAHA you could tell forest had ben in street fights and kenflo had no objection. And the entire argument seemed to be about injuries and the vastly unlikely chance of getting million dollar babyed.

I've been in a couple organized street fights, and let me just say, it's not that dangerous. If you handle it with rules and a proper setting (not cement) you're fine.

Why is it that two dumbasses put on boxing gloves and slug it out and it's fine, but two equally dumbasses put on small gloves and don't even land that many strikes (as it almost always ends up on the ground) and that's CRRRRAZY BRUTAL FIGHTIN!!!

I'm an amature LW fighter now and I can honestly say my street fights were experiances that benefit me now.
postman
5/16/09 8:26:13AM

Posted by seanfu

I'm an amature LW fighter now and I can honestly say my street fights were experiances that benefit me now.

I don't see how you can say that your "Street Fights" benefit you in Amature MMA. Vedry little is to be learned from watching to untraind ppl fight much less being involved in the chaso of a fight like that. The only thing I can see learning is don't load up on your punches but I don't see anyone learning that cause every street fight I have ever seen thats what they do throw big bombs that almost never land. First thing I learned in my first MMA class was how to throw a proper punch. I was never one to go looking for a fight but have had to defend the only thing I can think I learned was if be the first to throw and chances are you will win. That dosn't translate to MMA.
seanfu
5/16/09 1:41:09PM

Posted by postman

Posted by seanfu

I don't see how you can say that your "Street Fights" benefit you in Amature MMA. Vedry little is to be learned from watching to untraind ppl fight much less being involved in the chaso of a fight like that. The only thing I can see learning is don't load up on your punches but I don't see anyone learning that cause every street fight I have ever seen thats what they do throw big bombs that almost never land. First thing I learned in my first MMA class was how to throw a proper punch. I was never one to go looking for a fight but have had to defend the only thing I can think I learned was if be the first to throw and chances are you will win. That dosn't translate to MMA.

No dude, I'm saying when you fight bare knuckle or fight against someone who is liable to do crazy **** or cheat, it makes a regulated contest seem safe.

It's mental, not technical.