UFC VETERAN DREW MCFEDRIES RECOVERING AFTER WEEKEND STABBING AT IOWA NIGHTCLUB

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC VETERAN DREW MCFEDRIES RECOVERING AFTER WEEKEND STABBING AT IOWA NIGHTCLUB
Budgellism
11/6/12 9:05:09PM
Former UFC middleweight Drew McFedries was stabbed Saturday night while working security at a nightclub in Davenport, Iowa.

Sherdog.com confirmed McFedries’ injury Tuesday with the fighter’s manager, Monte Cox, who relayed that McFedries was stabbed on the left side of his back, with the blade hitting his scapula. McFedries, who has worked at the club for about six months, managed to control the man until police arrived, according Cox, who revealed that the fighter was released after a few hours in the hospital.

LINK
SmileR
11/6/12 9:09:16PM
Dam! Hope he's ok. I hate people that carry any kind of weapon!
Goatenstein
11/6/12 9:43:47PM
I hope Drew got some shots in on that fucking puke. As an Iowan shit like this is no surprise whatsoever.
ghandikush
11/6/12 10:40:43PM
Its fucking IOWA!!!

Poor Mcfedries
MMAcca
11/6/12 10:46:59PM
Haha does anybody remember when a certain mod used to dish out warnings for thread titles done in all capitals ?

I loved that guy......
Budgellism
11/6/12 11:03:33PM

Posted by MMAcca

Haha does anybody remember when a certain mod used to dish out warnings for thread titles done in all capitals ?

I loved that guy......

Blame Sherdog for this one.
MMAcca
11/6/12 11:06:58PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by MMAcca

I loved that guy......

It doesn't bother me in the slightest Budgellism, it just reminded me of the days when DC Rage thought he was President Obama.
ghandikush
11/7/12 8:12:28AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by MMAcca

I loved that guy......

It doesn't bother me in the slightest Budgellism, it just reminded me of the days when DC Rage thought he was President Obama.

I see what youre doing there

tallica62
11/7/12 9:01:41AM
what's a scapula?
bojangalz
11/7/12 10:21:40AM

Posted by SmileR

This shit is exactly why I never leave home without some sort of weapon. Obviously I'd never pull it unless the situation calls for it. But the number of people who conceal weapons for malicious purposes warrants the number who carry them for defense, safety, and justice.
SmileR
11/7/12 12:38:22PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by SmileR

This shit is exactly why I never leave home without some sort of weapon. Obviously I'd never pull it unless the situation calls for it. But the number of people who conceal weapons for malicious purposes warrants the number who carry them for defense, safety, and justice.

Thats a good point. I now just hate assholes that would stab someone in the back.
isk
11/7/12 2:56:04PM
The scapula is the shoulder blade. In other words, it was likely a surface wound that drew blood and may need stitches, but with almost no internal damage.

It's possible that this was a really sharp knife or a really sharp wielder and it pierced the bone. Depending on the angle it could've nicked the heart, aorta, or left lung, but that's very unlikely.