UFC VET WINS, ALBERT TALKS CARANO AT RING OF FIRE

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC VET WINS, ALBERT TALKS CARANO AT RING OF FIRE
MMAcca
6/14/08 3:17:49PM
BROOMFIELD, Colo. – On Friday night at the Broomfield Events Center, Ultimate Fighting Championship veteran Mike Nickels wasted no time returning to his winning ways in the main event of Ring of Fire 32.

Wanting to stay away from the experienced boxing hands of Vladimir Vuckovic, he immediately took the Croation down, attained mount and started raining down blows. After softening him up, Nickels transitioned to Vuckovic’s back and submitted him with a rear naked choke.

“I told everyone in my gym once his back hit the ground, it’s checkmate,” said Nickels about the finish.

LINK
missypie
6/14/08 3:21:23PM
Isn't Nickles a black belt? Not sure who it's under but I know his bjj skills are legit. Anyways, in MMA a legit bjj fighter always beats a pure boxer.
SpiderSilva
6/14/08 7:05:39PM
Colorado BJJ baby
jiujitsufreak74
6/14/08 8:15:55PM

Posted by missypie

Isn't Nickles a black belt? Not sure who it's under but I know his bjj skills are legit. Anyways, in MMA a legit bjj fighter always beats a pure boxer.

Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons anybody?
Rush
6/14/08 9:28:26PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by missypie

Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons anybody?

pwned
bls1919
6/17/08 9:24:23PM
I like MIke. Pardon the expression. Dude needs some serious boxing lessons though. And to call him a UFC VETeran, is ludacris. At best he is a "former UFC fighter" Guys like Marvin Eastman, Spencer Fischer, Terry Martin, these are guys who i would Consider UFC VETs. People who have put in the wars and the scars "sorry beastman had to" .not a guys who is 1 and 1 in the UFC. just a thought
Mayhem13
6/17/08 9:27:44PM
Mike did good, looked impressive.

Plus he was wearing Enyo Athletics..haha..so I knew he would win.