UFC vet Chael Sonnen suspended two years for failed drug tests

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC vet Chael Sonnen suspended two years for failed drug tests
prophecy033
7/23/14 4:22:34PM
The Nevada State Athletic Commission today handed down a two-year suspension and other punishments to now-retired UFC fighter Chael Sonnen following a pair of failed UFC 175 drug tests.

Link
prophecy033
7/23/14 4:27:17PM
I feel the punishment fits the crime here. A 2 year suspension is a long time for a guy that's gonna be 39 when it's up. In effect it almost is a lifetime ban if he chooses to not come back after the 2 years.

prozacnation1978
7/23/14 4:59:38PM
He is retired. Doesn't matter if it was 2 years or 5

I doubt chael ever fights again
Wallass
7/23/14 5:11:21PM
I like it when bad things happen to bad people.
Owens92x
7/23/14 5:16:23PM
Oh no a retired fighter got suspended and won't be able to fight......
prophecy033
7/23/14 5:17:19PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I disagree. Had the Suspension been 1 year I think he would come back.
Adrenaline
7/24/14 3:55:58AM

Posted by prophecy033

Without a doubt. If the suspension was one year, that's basically just an extended vacation and the UFC would make bank on the "return of the bad guy". I wouldn't be shocked to see him make a return in two years to be honest, it's a lot less likely because of his age but I don't think we have seen the end of Sonnen, whether its a return to the cage or he waits for forgiveness and ends up doing something else for the UFC in some capacity.
tildengolfer
7/24/14 4:02:12AM

Posted by prophecy033

traveller77
7/24/14 4:40:42AM
They should have hit him for the quarter million too, extra insurance that this stunt ends his career and sends a stronger message to fans and fighters. FIVE banned substances.
GDPofMPG
7/24/14 12:00:10PM
Their treatment of him yesterday was a disgrace. They have taken steps to further reduce their credibility. At least the newest commissioner had the integrity to say this guy should not be involved in MMA anymore, too bad the rest lack the same wisdom. That they want to give him, who they referred to as "brave" for showing up to a mandatory meeting and their "friend", a job with their staff..... What the actual fuck? The guy looked to profit off of lying to everybody and now he's offered an opportunity out of the ruin his lies and cheating in the sport brought him. Roy Nelson was right yesterday. The example is set for people to follow with Cheal Sonnen.