UFC On Versus 2 Weigh-Ins Results

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC On Versus 2 Weigh-Ins Results
DCRage
7/31/10 4:46:37PM
Results:
Damarques Johnson missed weight. He did not lose all the required weight in the alloted time so the fight is now catch weight. Johnson will be fined 20% of his fight purse.
Jon Jones (206) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (206)
Mark Munoz (185) vs. Yushin Okami (185)
Jake Ellenberger (170.5) vs. John Howard (170.5)
Takanori Gomi (156) vs. Tyson Griffin (154)
Paul Kelly (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (156)
DaMarques Johnson (172) vs. Matthew Riddle (171)
James Irvin (205) vs. Igor Pokrajac (204.5)
Mike Massenzio (184) vs. Brian Stann (186)
Darren Elkins (154.5) vs. Charles Oliveira (154)
Rob Kimmons (185) vs. Steve Steinbeiss (185)
prozacnation1978
7/31/10 4:56:20PM
I am here right now live
Waiting for the question and answer.
Gotta say. Once again my town has no mma support. Over 400 so called fans but only a small percent wearing mma t shirts and I look around I am the only fan wearing a jon jones t shirt so far
Very sad!!!
bojangalz
7/31/10 5:48:01PM
C'mon prozac. You don't need to wear an MMA shirt to be a fan. Frankly most mma shirts look ridiculous to begin with.

That's like saying you're not a true fan unless you where "band X's" shirt to their concert.
gartface
7/31/10 5:54:49PM

Posted by bojangalz

C'mon prozac. You don't need to wear an MMA shirt to be a fan. Frankly most mma shirts look ridiculous to begin with.

That's like saying you're not a true fan unless you where "band X's" shirt to their concert.

Affliction, Tapout, Deathclutch, etc. all look ridiculous. I would never wear that crap.
RyanC
7/31/10 6:00:52PM
Clothes don't make the man. . . .
gartface
7/31/10 6:53:43PM

Posted by RyanC

Clothes don't make the man. . . .

Unless it's a tuxedo shirt, that's the epitome of awesome.
DCRage
7/31/10 7:08:49PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I am here right now live
Waiting for the question and answer.
Gotta say. Once again my town has no mma support. Over 400 so called fans but only a small percent wearing mma t shirts and I look around I am the only fan wearing a jon jones t shirt so far
Very sad!!!

They knew you were coming. They're probably all at the ballpark, baseball game in a bit and they all want to welcome their new acquisition.

Weigh-ins are now underway, first post has results.
DCRage
7/31/10 7:10:27PM
Damarques Johnson has missed weight. 172.5. Presumably he'll be given an hour or two to lose 1.5 pounds.

Edit: gets additional time, no word ye ton how much.
prozacnation1978
7/31/10 8:37:41PM
you need to represent!!!!!

but yeah even goldie was cracking jokes about the attendance at the weighins

even for a sat there were not as many fans as i thought, but demarques didnt make weight
and dana seemed not happy about it and gave him a few words

i am changing my pick, the guy needs to cut more, and riddle looked good

i still cant get over how much bigger jones looked next to vladdy

cant wait for tommorrow, i see alot of stoppages on the card

side note::
met krystolf and he said he is fighting in nov germany dont know who yet

but luis cane or winner or irvin/pokrajic may be it
who knows maybe thiago silva!!

the fans of san diego really didnt seem into it, needed to get pumped up gotta say all the weigh ins i have been too this one was the saddest

and i live here
jae_1833
7/31/10 9:36:54PM
I live near SD too, Camp Pen to be exact, and the fans here don't really seem to get into sports as much as other places I have lived. Maybe it's because so many people move here instead of being born here (those with the $ to afford sporting tix that is) or maybe it's just the laid back Cali thing I am not sure. If I ever go to an event again I will first go premium here so I can rep the PG!!
Jackelope
7/31/10 10:27:26PM
Wow I guess I had thought San Diego's fans were better than they were. Guess I was wrong and Prozac + Colin Cowherd are right about SD. Still, it's surprising to me considering the amount of gyms and people that train in SD.

That being said I don't agree with the idea that wearing an MMA shirt makes a person a fan. Along with my fellows playgrounders I'm probably one of the bigger fans out there of MMA but I own next to 0 MMA shirts. Actually, come to think of it .. I only own 3 shirts from a couple of different gyms I've gone to, one fairtex shirt, one warrior wear hat signed by Shane Carwin, a pair of signed fight shorts, and one hitman fight gear shirt that is signed by Dana White. I also own one sweater from my gym. I rarely wear these items in public though since I wear most of them for working out and/or they're memorabilia that have never been worn outside of in the Octagon.

I would even go so far as to say that the majority of "fanboys" I see wearing different MMA clothing on the street are generally the more ignorant fan base.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/31/10 10:35:12PM

Posted by bojangalz

Everyone knows you DO NOT wear the shirt of the band you're going to see. That's a cardinal sin.

Jae, aren't we gonna hit up 121? I know that's in Anaheim, but I'm sure we can get BlueSkiesBurn and Jae_1833 shirts made with the Sabotage, Inc logo on them. It'll be helpful for me to identify you after an excessive bender.
prozacnation1978
7/31/10 10:58:07PM
Look I am not saying sports are bad. There are a lot of die hard chargers fans and the padres are making me very proud this year. Its just mma. It might take off one year but it hasn't left the ground yet, there are a lot of mma schools in san diego
Its just I can't find any mma fans and if there are some they only know ufc.
I am a mma fan not just ufc, but if there is one person who wanted to see and show dana that san diego is crazy about ufc. It is me, but honestly

A not sold out venue that is old and out dated
Fans that were not enthusiastic today and pumped up and a free to public Q and A
Should have more fans. Now tommorrow night if the fans don't go rabid and crazy let's face it the ufc may never go back to sd

Now I am close enough to the cage. Second row from it on the floor
I will be screaming and going crazy for my picks to win and make sure
That dana knows there is one ufc fan glad that they came here
jae_1833
7/31/10 11:12:13PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by bojangalz

Everyone knows you DO NOT wear the shirt of the band you're going to see. That's a cardinal sin.

Jae, aren't we gonna hit up 121? I know that's in Anaheim, but I'm sure we can get BlueSkiesBurn and Jae_1833 shirts made with the Sabotage, Inc logo on them. It'll be helpful for me to identify you after an excessive bender.

Yeah I really want to go, just got to make sure I can afford it first. I am sure we will meet up really easily too. We just need to pick a spot to preflight before the event and hook up there. I am sure there will be something decent nearby. I am definately trying to work it out. Oh, and I definately don't care how far it is!
BlueSkiesBurn
7/31/10 11:53:25PM

Posted by jae_1833

Yeah I really want to go, just got to make sure I can afford it first. I am sure we will meet up really easily too. We just need to pick a spot to preflight before the event and hook up there. I am sure there will be something decent nearby. I am definately trying to work it out. Oh, and I definately don't care how far it is!

Remember that bar I posted pictures of with the half-naked women? That's only 10 minutes from the Honda Center. Easily done.
jae_1833
7/31/10 11:56:36PM
Cool spot! I am ending re-enlistment right now, and after taxes will probably cash in about $10K, it's all about the timing.....and for now we are looking good!
BlueSkiesBurn
7/31/10 11:57:52PM

Posted by jae_1833

Cool spot! I am ending re-enlistment right now, and after taxes will probably cash in about $10K, it's all about the timing.....and for now we are looking good!

I don't know what sort of permission slip you'll need from the wife, but one of my best friends lives about 10 minutes from the Honda Center and I KNOW he'd put us up for a night if we got too saucy.
DCRage
8/1/10 7:29:45AM
One late update from late last night: Johnson did not make weight. Only got down to 172 and the CSAC disallowed any further attempts. The fight is now catchweight and Johnson will be fined 20% of his fight purse.
jae_1833
8/1/10 4:31:59PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by jae_1833

I don't know what sort of permission slip you'll need from the wife, but one of my best friends lives about 10 minutes from the Honda Center and I KNOW he'd put us up for a night if we got too saucy.

Good looking out!
Gogoplatapus
8/1/10 10:14:15PM
Damn, I didn't realize Demarques didn't make it. I thought he'd shed it easy. I may have changed my pick over that.
mikegll
8/4/10 8:17:34PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Damn, I didn't realize Demarques didn't make it. I thought he'd shed it easy. I may have changed my pick over that.

Pretty much agree with that