UFC On Versus 2 Results (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC On Versus 2 Results (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
bojangalz
8/1/10 9:32:54PM

Posted by postman

Posted by bojangalz

Another parlay busted on a poor stoppage... Happen's all too often.

Not saying it things would have changed had Tyson been given a chance to recover. But that stoppage was early.

I don't know man if you faceplant with no attempt to stop yourself thats a pretty good indicater that your went to sleep.

Could be... maybe I'm just butt hurt for losing another parlay. I'll say this much though, Griffin was in the process of getting up as soon as he hit the floor. He wasn't out cold by the time the ref stepped in.
postman
8/1/10 9:38:23PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by postman

Posted by bojangalz

Another parlay busted on a poor stoppage... Happen's all too often.

Not saying it things would have changed had Tyson been given a chance to recover. But that stoppage was early.

I don't know man if you faceplant with no attempt to stop yourself thats a pretty good indicater that your went to sleep.

Could be... maybe I'm just butt hurt for losing another parlay. I'll say this much though, Griffin was in the process of getting up as soon as he hit the floor. He wasn't out cold by the time the ref stepped in.

Yeah he was but i wonder if it was the impact of hitting the mat that snapped him back. He wasn't covering up at all but like you said I picked Gomi so maybe I am high on my scary pick winning
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/1/10 10:22:32PM
havin' a pretty good night, not sure where im at on the points but i finally managed to get a winning record for the night, so far anyways, 6-2 right now
bojangalz
8/1/10 10:32:35PM
Not sure how you can give two rounds to Munoz in that fight but at least the right guy won.
Shawn91111
8/1/10 10:33:45PM
This judging has just been very bad lately. How can you give Munoz 2 rounds. Its just tiring
sbulldavid
8/1/10 10:34:47PM
Split decision ? Seems like every Okami fight is a split decision.
sbulldavid
8/1/10 10:37:29PM
So everybody picked the janitor right ?
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/1/10 10:39:53PM

Posted by sbulldavid

So everybody picked the janitor right ?

of course, 1st rd TKO
Shawn91111
8/1/10 10:42:26PM
Picked Jones but rooting for Vlad
Jackelope
8/1/10 10:42:29PM
Wasn't going to post tonight but mother @#$!@ I just can't resist the urge to bitch about the Munoz vs. Okami decision. A split? Are you F'ng serious??
Shawn91111
8/1/10 10:46:43PM
Ugh should have known.

"Cecil Peoples was the lone dissenting judge in the decision of the Okami/Munoz fight"

Jackelope
8/1/10 10:55:15PM
Great job by Bones Jones. I never believed the Vera hype but I certainly believe the Jon Jones hype. He's got humility, which is something Vera never had and IMO held him back. Not to mention the fallout Vera had with his trainer. With Bones Jones and Greg Jackson working together this could be a looonnnng and great career in the making.
sbulldavid
8/1/10 10:57:19PM
Jon Jones keeps proving how great he is going to be. I think that was by far his most dominant performance from a technical stand point. It is time to throw him in with a Rampage, Forrest, or Lil Nog.
FrankTheTank1181
8/1/10 10:58:15PM
Gotta love Jones for quoting Ron Burgandy in his interview.
Franklinfan47
8/1/10 11:22:37PM
Finished 6-4 on this one. Happy for Gomi, definately justified stoppage imo. Okami's striking continues to look better too imo.

They need to get Jones in with somebody decent now, maybe Franklin imo. Hes just destroying everybody.
copcopps
8/1/10 11:23:30PM
5-1 on the prelims yay

Perfect on the mainc card
jae_1833
8/1/10 11:31:05PM
Irvin needs to be cut, that loss is just horrible! Good job for Stann, and so glad to see Gomi back, a little early on the stop but fair enough. I don't know how the Okami fight went to a SD either....the judging is absolutely ridiculous and if Cecil really was the one judge to pick it wrong (AGAIN!) then he needs to be fired by the athletic commision. His judging is retarded.
lohmann
8/1/10 11:38:08PM

Posted by jae_1833

Irvin needs to be cut, that loss is just horrible! Good job for Stann, and so glad to see Gomi back, a little early on the stop but fair enough. I don't know how the Okami fight went to a SD either....the judging is absolutely ridiculous and if Cecil really was the one judge to pick it wrong (AGAIN!) then he needs to be fired by the athletic commision. His judging is retarded.

Agreed. The split decision hinged mostly on Munoz's repeated takedown attempts, very few of which he succeeded with (and when he did succeed, didn't mount any offense). Okami easily won the first and final frames.

Irvin will probably be cut. I think Dana White gave him another chance after he agreed to drop down to middleweight at his request, but after this loss I doubt we'll see him in the Octagon for a while (if ever again).
Jackelope
8/1/10 11:55:11PM
I'm really surprised people aren't satisfied with the Griffin stoppage. He was out cold but I think the fall actually woke him back up. That was a hard shot. Granted he looked like he was somewhat recovering but I don't personally believe he would have been anywhere near fit to fight. No need for him to take excess punishment.

Picked Griffin but I'm very happy for Gomi
jae_1833
8/2/10 12:18:54AM
Don't get me wrong about the Griffin stoppage, it was legit but just a smidge early....kind of like the 2nd fight between Tito and Ken....the difference between seeing 2 more blows would have sold it better to the viewers, but still the right call.
CanadianCripplr
8/2/10 12:41:37AM
how any judge could think munoz won that fight is a joke. rd2 maybe, but the fight? get serious. we should go find out if it was cecil....
DCRage
8/2/10 5:16:57AM
Would've been perfect on picks if it hadn't been for Volkmann (had Kelly by UD). No complaints about 9-1 though, best record ever.
Pages: 1 [2]