UFC on Versus 6: Cruz may be disrepected but he'll benefit too

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on Versus 6: Cruz may be disrepected but he'll benefit too
Patchedup15
8/11/11 1:55:19PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/800076-cruz-v-johnson-why-headlining-a-free-card-will-pay-dividends-for-both-ufc

I'm sure Dana White and the geniuses at UFC knew what they were doing, and I'm sure they're aware of the interest this fight will raise in these newly added divisions.

Aldo and Florian are helping to ease the WEC transition by pitting perennial contender KFlo against the WEC Black House Powerhouse. The UFC on Versus Card will lay the groundwork for this card to capitalize on new interest.

Cruz and Johnson should be applauded because not only are they giving us, the fans a great main event for a decent and FREE card but because they are helping their fellow division fighters.

I'm sure in the next year we will see more of them on main cards as opposed to watching Chad Mendes v Rani Yahya as a prelim. I mean when was the last time you saw someone earn a title shot on an under card?
prozacnation1978
8/11/11 3:27:54PM
I don't see why cruz vs mighty mouse couldn't be ufc 138 main event
Give a title fight overseas for a england card.
Pookie
8/11/11 4:50:22PM
I don't understand how he'd be disrespected.
MMAcca
8/11/11 5:32:08PM

Posted by Pookie

I don't understand how he'd be disrespected.

Me neither.

He needs the public exposure
xtinax3
8/12/11 3:48:37PM
I thought it was a bit disrespectful..we pay to watch some lame fights be main event, Rampage vs Hamill, etc..and its a title fight and its going to be on free tv...but it can't really hurt him, either way people will watch. I just find it sad that people would rather pay to see JDS vs Carwin or Rampage vs Hamill (yeah theres #1 contention on the line a bit...) but not pay to watch a BW Title fight.
Pookie
8/13/11 6:21:29AM

Posted by xtinax3

I thought it was a bit disrespectful..we pay to watch some lame fights be main event, Rampage vs Hamill, etc..and its a title fight and its going to be on free tv...but it can't really hurt him, either way people will watch. I just find it sad that people would rather pay to see JDS vs Carwin or Rampage vs Hamill (yeah theres #1 contention on the line a bit...) but not pay to watch a BW Title fight.

You would rather watch a title fight(regardless of who's fighting), than a non-title fight(regardless of who's fighting)?

REALLY?