UFC on Versus 3 to Be Broadcast in 3D

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on Versus 3 to Be Broadcast in 3D
grappler0000
2/26/11 2:14:29PM
he growing trend of 3D television is finally ready to marry itself to the growing sport of mixed martial arts.

The UFC's upcoming UFC on Versus 3 event will be broadcast in 3D on select cable outlets, sport trade journal Sports Business Daily reported on Friday. It will mark the first time a UFC event is telecast in the format, though the UFC has privately tried out the technology in the past.

According to the report, the 3D telecast will have a different production crew from Versus' regular HD setup. Versus is also planning to occasionally utilize a split-screen presentation that will air live arena content like locker room views alongside commercials.

The report notes that among cable distributors, Comcast, Cox, Verizon, Massillon Cable, Blue Ridge and Armstrong have signed on.

Link
Kpro
2/26/11 3:06:03PM
I wonder what Kenny Powers thinks about this:

"Nobody wants to sit on a couch wearing glasses poppin’ bubbles out of the air like some sort of F'd up Ray Charles.."
prozacnation1978
2/26/11 4:33:53PM
Sweet I got a panasonic 3d tv.
I will be checking this out
emfleek
2/26/11 9:48:04PM
Dumb.
mrsmiley
2/27/11 6:23:59AM
I just really don't get the whole 3d revival thing. To an extent it's cool but for me personally I don't have to go as far as watching the UFC in 3d, but to each his own.

PS: I do think the new Nintendo 3ds looks cool though.