UFC on Versus 4 bonuses: Kongo, Lauzon, Oliveira and Lentz earn $50K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on Versus 4 bonuses: Kongo, Lauzon, Oliveira and Lentz earn $50K awards
emfleek
6/27/11 9:07:08AM
PITTSBURGH – Cheick Kongo, Joe Lauzon, Charles Oliveira and Nik Lentz each earned $50,000 "Fight Night" bonuses for their performances at Sunday's "UFC on Versus 4: Kongo vs. Barry" event.

Kongo earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Lauzon picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Oliveira and Lentz took home "Fight of the Night" honors.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the bonus winners and award amounts while at UFC on Versus 4's post-event press conference.

The amounts mark the largest across-the-board bonuses ever issued at a UFC on Versus event, although Diego Sanchez and Martin Kampmann were each given special $160,000 "Fight of the Night" awards following their epic UFC on Versus 3 brawl.

LINK
Theoutlaw08
6/27/11 10:05:26AM
I thought Kongo vs. Barry should have gotten Fight of the Night.
Budgellism
6/27/11 11:18:41AM
These all make perfect sense.
gartface
6/27/11 11:31:34AM
I was driving home during the Facebook fights. I'd love to see what happened with Oliveira and Lentz. What I read sounded crazy.
Bubbles
6/27/11 12:40:07PM

Posted by gartface

I was driving home during the Facebook fights. I'd love to see what happened with Oliveira and Lentz. What I read sounded crazy.

it was pretty much identical to Bisping's knee on Rivera
TheBestEVER
6/27/11 12:49:18PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by gartface

it was pretty much identical to Bisping's knee on Rivera

Only Oliveria did not do that intentionally. Its more of the refs fault for not jumping in and halting the action. Oliveria was just fighting, stuff like that tends to happen. No ref jumped in to stop the action so he wasnt about to stop beating on Lentz.
TheBestEVER
6/27/11 12:50:27PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I thought Kongo vs. Barry should have gotten Fight of the Night.

It lasted like 3 minutes