UFC on Versus 6 - Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC on Versus 6 - Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 10:07:50PM
In all fairness to Mario, he was at a bad angle and could not see Brenneman after he had fallen from the kick.

Just think about this - if you saw a fighter being punished prior to being kicked in the head, what would you do as a referee? And remember the kicked landed flushed.
npayant
10/1/11 10:08:42PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by npayant

Man, it does appear that the stoppage was early with hindsight. But I must say, if I was the ref in there, I probably would have jumped in too...that shook me it was so nasty looking. Square on the face and it dropped him like nothing. Wow! I honestly can't blame the ref.

I feel Refs shouldn't act on the strike but what effect it has on the fighter and Mario didn't do that.

I think he was reacting on the overall effect Rumble was having on Brenneman. He looked pretty damn dazed and confused 5 seconds prior to the kick. And then the kick landed square and dropped him in a heart beat. Pretty effective if you ask me.
sbulldavid
10/1/11 10:10:44PM
I don't have a problem with the stoppage no doubt he was a little gun shy from his late stoppage earlier but it looked like Charlie was in bad shape.
Kpro
10/1/11 10:10:50PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by telnights

Posted by npayant

Man, it does appear that the stoppage was early with hindsight. But I must say, if I was the ref in there, I probably would have jumped in too...that shook me it was so nasty looking. Square on the face and it dropped him like nothing. Wow! I honestly can't blame the ref.

I feel Refs shouldn't act on the strike but what effect it has on the fighter and Mario didn't do that.

I think he was reacting on the overall effect Rumble was having on Brenneman. He looked pretty damn dazed and confused 5 seconds prior to the kick. And then the kick landed square and dropped him in a heart beat. Pretty effective if you ask me.

If it was YAMMA he would've only fallen two feet and hit his back on a soft mat and the fight would've continued.
ncordless
10/1/11 10:11:29PM
The real problem with the stoppage is that just prior to that Mario had let Oliviera go on for much longer in the face of very similar punishment. At least be consistent.
telnights
10/1/11 10:11:36PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by telnights

I have to agree with Joe that stoppage was early.

I agree. But of the many early stoppages we have seen, this is one I can most understand just because of the way it looked from the ref's angle. Looked like a Sean Salmon frankenstein fall until he hit the mat eyes open and ready to defend and by that time Mario had jumped in. I thought the Roller stoppage was worse.

Well the Ref shouldn't react to the strike but what affect it has on the other fighter. You cant get that by just seeing the strike then reacting. I'm not saying Mario sucks because I think he is a fair Ref but I still feel its a mistake. Lucky for me I haven't seen the Roller fight yet.

If my post is a little crazy its because I have had way to much to drink tonight.
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 10:11:38PM
Come on Struve. I need this parlay.
sbulldavid
10/1/11 10:17:36PM
Real surprised in it going past the first
Twenty20Dollars
10/1/11 10:17:41PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Would be shocked if this makes it out of the first.

Are you shocked?

Yeah, both seem gun shy. Struve should clinch up and just bring a knee up to Barry's face.
grappler0000
10/1/11 10:22:09PM
Man, these free cards always deliver!
Twenty20Dollars
10/1/11 10:22:12PM
Good thing the ref said something there, otherwise it could have been going to a decision.
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 10:22:19PM
Prophecy - aren't you glad you made the change?

I have a good bankroll now.
sbulldavid
10/1/11 10:23:14PM
I knew that's all it would take, Barry is the most one dimensional fighter in the UFC.
Aether
10/1/11 10:25:43PM
9-0 75 points yeahhhhhh!
kingsmasher
10/1/11 10:26:03PM
Wow that Struve win broke my bank account and one step closer to out the door for Pat Barry terrible game plan..

Well IM broke...I thought Barry would for sure win that one...
prophecy033
10/1/11 10:26:15PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have good bank account now.

I'd say I owe you one but.... We're even, thanks
prophecy033
10/1/11 10:27:44PM
7-2 62 points
sbulldavid
10/1/11 10:27:49PM
Struve just won 8000 for me so that helps my wagers at least.
shaneTpain
10/1/11 10:27:55PM
sick powerbomb but wasnt enough to beat that giant baby lookin struve ! i have no clue why i picked barry. pissed!!
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 10:28:53PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

I have good bank account now.

I'd say I owe you one but.... We're even, thanks

Had I been really really greedy, I could have almost doubled my earnings tonight.
ncordless
10/1/11 10:32:39PM
Well faaaaak. I put my saftey bet on Cruz in the wrong box. . . go Mighty Mouse!!!!
telnights
10/1/11 10:35:24PM

Posted by ncordless

Well faaaaak. I put my saftey bet on Cruz in the wrong box. . . go Mighty Mouse!!!!

That's not good at all.
Kpro
10/1/11 10:35:29PM

Posted by ncordless

Yeah I switched back to Struve, and my fight companion still has me on Barry.......
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 10:36:48PM

Posted by ncordless

Don't be too bummed out. Might Mouse has the tools to upset.
Kpro
10/1/11 10:37:01PM

Posted by ncordless

Yeah I switched back to Struve, and my fight companion still has me on Barry.......

Sometimes I wonder if the site occasionally doesn't save when you change a pick as it's happened at least a half dozen times

EDIT: mean to edit the post above but quoted.
Kpro
10/1/11 10:40:03PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by ncordless

what are they? Even one aspect he has an advantage? Not saying he can't win, but he's not better anywhere.
npayant
10/1/11 10:41:03PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by ncordless

Sometimes I wonder if the site occasionally doesn't save when you change a pick as it's happened at least a half dozen times

EDIT: mean to edit the post above but quoted.

Dang! I wish that would have happened to me. I switched to M. Johnson from Sass with a first round sub with 20 mins to go! Poop. Oh, and I switched to Barry with about an hour left. Both stuck for me!
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 10:47:05PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by ncordless

what are they? Even one aspect he has an advantage? Not saying he can't win, but he's not better anywhere.

Speed and style.
Kpro
10/1/11 10:48:25PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Kpro

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by ncordless

Speed and style.

they're both quick, but Cruz has the style advantage.

Early on it looks like Demetrious may have the cardio advantage as the fight goes on? That may be something
prophecy033
10/1/11 10:50:32PM
KFM, where you at on your picks?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10